Saturday, July 7th, 2018 12:49pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 26,689

The Robot Kingdom newsletter had more G1 reissues available for preorder including Starscream which is also listed on walmart.com with images. Fellow Seibertronian Shajaki did a breakdown of what is included in this version of the G1 toy:

shajaki wrote:Just to note, Starscream appears to be an amalgam. His null rays are the enlarged ones used for the TRU Commemorative Series Seeker's, but as a bonus he seems to have the G1 Pistol Megatron made for Takara's TFC-9 (Anime) Starscream, so presumably he'd also have the altered fists to accommodate said accessory.

The other reissues listed on Robot Kingdom include Devastator and what appears to be a set of minibots. Here are the prices and release dates from the site:

Exclusive Transformers G1 CONSTRUCTICON COLLECTION PACK.
New Listings
Preorder. Available in July 2018.
US 89.9

Exclusive Hasbro G1 Transformers STARSCREAM.
New Listings
Preorder. Available in July 2018.
US 41.9

Exclusive Transformers G1 Legion COLLECTION PACK Set of 8.
New Listings
Preorder. Start Shipping on 1st August 2018.
US 76.9

Here are the images from the Walmart listing.

Transformers News: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots

Credit(s): Walmart and Robot Kingdom

Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969322)
Posted by Amelie on July 7th, 2018 @ 12:51pm CDT
I can't lie - I'm disappointed by the lack of white card at the back of the box. I'll still be getting this sexy thing anyway, but the brown card just really grates...
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969330)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 7th, 2018 @ 1:20pm CDT
That's a lot for devy, especially with the original size. He's not worth it. At least in my opinion but to consider the difference between that the recent titan class...
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969335)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 7th, 2018 @ 1:44pm CDT
I have no interest in these myself (way too expensive for what are now extremely primitive simple toys, they're charging a heck of a lot for the nostalgia) but I was browsing new stuffs on Kapow Toys site and saw them there so thought I'd provide UK prices if UK folk are interested (Kapow price first and in brackets is what they say is regular RRP)

Starscream - £39.99 (£44.99)
Devastator - £94.99 (£99.99)
Mini-bots pack of 4 (Swerve, Bumblebee, Tailgate and Outback) - £38.97 (£44.99)
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969341)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 7th, 2018 @ 2:07pm CDT
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969345)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 7th, 2018 @ 2:17pm CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Man, a G1 Bumblebee is one of the grails I’ve been hunting, but that’s pretty pricey. Might get it though, if I ever have the chance.

Do you have a preference for which head? Original 'masked' version or the retooled toon-version?
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969350)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 7th, 2018 @ 2:27pm CDT
I'd assumed eBay would have been swarmed in them
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969353)
Posted by Emerje on July 7th, 2018 @ 2:38pm CDT

For that price you're getting three Bees, two Swerves, two Tailgates, and one Outback so the price isn't that bad. Walmart will sell them individually and going by the RK price it's about $10 each which doesn't seem super unreasonable, the WM price will probably be lower.

Emerje
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969355)
Posted by Agent 53 on July 7th, 2018 @ 3:23pm CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Notice that clearly the multipack was decided based on popularity; 3 of Bumblebee (the only minibot 'A-Lister') 2 of Swerve and Tailgate (co-stars of MTMTE) and only one Outback (the only recent-ish role I remember is as a corpse in Spotlight Kup, a role so small that in Megatron Origin they forgot he'd already died (or rather was already fated to die later) and had to create a new character (Fastback) to die)
What I don't get is why Warpath, Cosmos, Brawn, Seaspray, Windcharger, Powerglide, and Huffer were all ignored by the reissues.
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969361)
Posted by Emerje on July 7th, 2018 @ 3:58pm CDT
Agent 53 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Simply put this is just the Encore 10 (2008) lineup minus Pipes.

The guys you want are mostly from the older Transformers Collection 12 (2004). So it's just a matter of doing the figures that had the most recent update. The exceptions being the last time we saw Windcharger and Brawn was the 2003 key chain versions which would require Hasbro tweaking the molds again. The last time they touched the Seaspray mold was in G2 (1993), who knows if they still have it.

Also Outback just got a new figure in PotP so he's still fresh in people's minds.

Emerje
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969372)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 7th, 2018 @ 4:23pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I don’t have a preference, I like the look of both of them!

So wait, I think I’m confused as to how this pack works. There’s multiples of Bumblebee in the 8-pack? And they’re also selling them individually?
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969376)
Posted by Amelie on July 7th, 2018 @ 4:35pm CDT
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969385)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on July 7th, 2018 @ 5:07pm CDT
Amelie wrote:@EvasionModeBumblebee - you're effectively buying a case\outer of Mini-Autobots. The contents of the pack is basically what should go onto Walmart shelves individually.

Oh! Ok, that makes sense. Sweet, I should be able to get Bee by himself for fairly cheap then. Thanks! ;)^
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969466)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 8th, 2018 @ 11:41am CDT
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969481)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 8th, 2018 @ 2:04pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I might go for that Starscream even though I have the anime version and that Devastator if it's the cartoon accurate head version.

You're raising good points there. What heads will Devie and Bumblebee sport?
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969498)
Posted by Emerje on July 8th, 2018 @ 3:34pm CDT
If that's the actual reissue (hard to tell since Hasbro is using the old logo on the reissues) then that's the standard Devy, not the animated version. Mixmaster's green barrel gives it away. It would be weird to have the original toy deco and the cartoon head. The backer cards for the cars appear to be new, I can't find any examples of multilingual cards like that from G1 even in Europe. Best I found was this, which isn't even close:

So I'm not expect Bee to have the cartoon face, but then again Takara Tomy didn't update the art on Encore 10 either.

Emerje
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969550)
Posted by shajaki on July 8th, 2018 @ 8:59pm CDT
I think the RK pics are placeholders, so there's probably not much we can discern from them at the moment.

But with Screamer being such a mishmash of other releases, I wouldn't assume anything about the minibots or Devs. :-?
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969735)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 9th, 2018 @ 2:28pm CDT

Son how will that Devy release ne like?
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969766)
Posted by Emerje on July 9th, 2018 @ 4:55pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Had the encore Devastator anime colors once. I found he was an unstable mess. So I sold it to my friend. He found he was an unstable mess. So he sold it to my local geek store.

Son how will that Devy release ne like?

Probably the same, I doubt Hasbro will fix the mold if Takara Tomy couldn't be bothered to fix it in two reissues. On both versions of my Encore Devy (regular and anime) Scavenger falls off easily and the head portion sticks tightly to the top of Longhaul and feels like it'll break.

Emerje
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969768)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 9th, 2018 @ 5:05pm CDT
Emerje wrote:

Son how will that Devy release ne like?

Emerje

I can understand the love, but G1 Devastator is a very faulty mold. Glad that the combiner principle was completely improved when it was time for Scramble City.
Re: More G1 Transformers to be Reissued in 2018 with Devastator, Starscream and the Minibots (1969774)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 9th, 2018 @ 5:21pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Son how will that Devy release ne like?

Emerje

I have to wonder how the raiden mold held up in comparison to devy, as weren't they both diaclone originally?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #254 - Redlining Sixth
"Redlining Sixth"
Posted: Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Buy "Transformers POTP Power Of The Primes PP-43 Throne Optimal Optimus Primal MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Camshaft, Bombshell, Ripper Snapper, & Cosmos Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Leader Galactic Man Shockwave 2019 SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Figure  Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unicron Armada By Hasbro New Sealed HTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Piggy coin Bank Large! VERY RARE G1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Constructicons lot Devastator" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee and Doc Greene" on EBAY