More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 12:50pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 21,738

Via Twitter user and fellow Transformers fan @inkybauds, and confirmation from IDW artist Sara Pitre Durocher, we have two more incentive variant covers for the upcoming Transformers: Lost Light #1 issue, which takes up the storylines and cast of More Than Meets the Eye. While Pitre Durocher's cover is the one with the Nautica, Rodimus and Megatron graffiti (apparently part of an inter-connecting post-Revolution series, with MASK and other titles in Reconstruction) we still have no credited author for the regal Megatron - still, check them both out below!

UPDATE: The second cover is by artist Sonny Liew.

Transformers News: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers

Transformers News: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers

Credit(s): inkybauds

This article was last modified on Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 3:25pm CST

Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1842756)
Posted by hinomars19 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 1:31pm CST
Why is Rodimus changing his colours? What am I missing?
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1842760)
Posted by Kurona on November 22nd, 2016 @ 1:38pm CST
hinomars19 wrote:Why is Rodimus changing his colours? What am I missing?

We don't know yet. Been a bit of a mystery since the first cover was revealed
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1842766)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 22nd, 2016 @ 2:19pm CST
Dr Va'al wrote:

I love this cover
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1842780)
Posted by william-james88 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 4:12pm CST
hinomars19 wrote:Why is Rodimus changing his colours? What am I missing?

Ha! I didnt even realize that was rodimus.
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1842786)
Posted by ebo716 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 5:22pm CST
IMG_0255.PNG
10/10 best chin
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1842788)
Posted by Kurona on November 22nd, 2016 @ 5:31pm CST
ebo716 wrote:
IMG_0255.PNG
10/10 best chin

Guess Animated Season 4 isn't as cancelled as we all thought.
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1842789)
Posted by hinomars19 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 5:44pm CST
Kurona wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:Why is Rodimus changing his colours? What am I missing?

We don't know yet. Been a bit of a mystery since the first cover was revealed

I see! Thanks :)
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1842941)
Posted by snavej on November 23rd, 2016 @ 3:03pm CST
Megatron seems to be getting plumper! /:)
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1843350)
Posted by Javelin on November 25th, 2016 @ 5:07pm CST
snavej wrote:Megatron seems to be getting plumper! /:)

It's that Fool's Energon. Does nothing, tastes like crap...full of empty calories.
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1843351)
Posted by Javelin on November 25th, 2016 @ 5:14pm CST
hinomars19 wrote:Why is Rodimus changing his colours? What am I missing?

I think we're going to see a more sombre Rodimus (for a while, at least). He prob feels responsible for what happened, and this may be his way of doing away with the old, irresponsible Rodiums (flames and flash) and being more serious, mature.

Or he could have just decided he's tired of red/yellow. It IS Rodimus, who knows? :-D
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1843400)
Posted by WreckerJack on November 26th, 2016 @ 1:06am CST
hinomars19 wrote:Why is Rodimus changing his colours? What am I missing?

He caught the ... EMO!

Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1843551)
Posted by sol magnus on November 27th, 2016 @ 8:17am CST
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:So evil they get their own variant cover! Bastards!

I am still so surprised to see Blaster there. He's always such a good guy, I dont know why he would ever vote for a mutiny.

Reminder: Megatron has been the evilest evil in the Cybertronian civil war for millions of year. It is not unreasonable to dislike, hate, fear, be disgusted by him. Especially if you were in the war, opposing him.

It doesn't mean Getaway is any nicer - I still dislike him to the end of my dislike bar - but it's not 'evil' to be confused by how easily a genocidal despot has been accepted as your new best buddy and captain.

That's how I see it anyway!

Nice way of seeig it. That brigs up a question I have, was Megatron fighting or 4 million years in the IDW continuity? I thought he and Prime were asleep for that time like in G1.

That Brings up another question, in the G1 cartoon, who was leading the decepticons and autobots while their two leaders were asleep for 4 million years? Man, I didnt know I would have so many questions all of a sudden.

Well it's the G1 cartoon, so it's not exactly like there aren't a billion plotholes...
But Shockwave was shown to be left in charge of Cybertron by Megatron in the first episode, and later on Elita-1 showed up leading the Female Autobots. One can then either assume Elita-1 was the absolute Autobot leader during that time, or there were multiple various Autobot resistance cells making Shockwave's life hell.

But yeah, that's the thing about the mutiny that hurts so much - it's completely justified. If the comic hadn't focused on Megatron and instead just showed him in the background being the captain suddenly - ie, like how pretty much everyone on the mutiny had seen him - you'd be right there with them thinking this is a good decision. He's Megatron. This was going to happen at some point or another.

Something I haven't seen brought up though is that curiously, all the bots shown drawn here were ones specifically shown in 50 has being part of the mutiny rather than showing any other randoms like Grotusque or Thunderclash or Perceptor. This says to me that the artist was just taking inspiration from 50 and we won't really be seeing these guys much in the issue.

Thunderclash just faded into the background, but he is on the Necrobot's planet with Team Rodimus.
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1843552)
Posted by Kurona on November 27th, 2016 @ 8:27am CST
sol magnus wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:So evil they get their own variant cover! Bastards!

That's how I see it anyway!

He isn't.
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1843553)
Posted by sol magnus on November 27th, 2016 @ 8:31am CST
Kurona wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:So evil they get their own variant cover! Bastards!

That's how I see it anyway!

He isn't.

I guess I was thinking about the beginning when they are on Millarium. sp

You're right. He's not.
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1843867)
Posted by Javelin on November 28th, 2016 @ 6:26pm CST
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1843883)
Posted by Kurona on November 28th, 2016 @ 7:17pm CST
Javelin wrote:I have a question. I was reading somewhere about the end of the Lost Light series (the wrap up, getting ready for the new series coming out in Dec), and someone said, "Now that we know what happened to Pharma's body, and what the geobomb did... DID we find that out? Was it explained in other series (Robots in Disguise, for instance?) because I pretty much just follow MTMTE and I want to have everything clued up before I start the Dec series. Because I would REALLY like to know those answers! :-D Especially what the hell happened to Pharma, the bastard.

That was in the writer's endnote of MTMTE #57, done completely in jest - we haven't found out either of those things; it's just a joke.
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1844494)
Posted by Va'al on December 1st, 2016 @ 12:57pm CST
UK Transformers fans rejoice! Along with the Orbital Comics event in London this month, as reported here, and as anticipated by IDW artist Jack Lawrence himself in our interview with him here, Travelling Man Manchester will be hosting a second signing, with the addition of troublemaker Nick Roche himself on 17th December, 2 to 6 pm, followed by a screening of the original 1986 animated movie at 7pm. Check out the poster below for more details!

Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1844605)
Posted by ScottyP on December 1st, 2016 @ 5:46pm CST
This takes guts. That 12/14 release date was thrown up quite awhile ago, and I'd have less faith than the organizers here do that IDW will have it out.

This is just me being cynical though. Hope it's a blast for all who get to attend!
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1844683)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 1st, 2016 @ 8:41pm CST
Still really hoping they stay with the release date. Those fans deserve it who are going to go
Re: More IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Variant Covers (1844825)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 2nd, 2016 @ 8:27am CST
iTunes has dropped in and given us a 3-page preview for the upcoming IDW Lost Light #1! The preview stars 3 bots altogether, one of which is clearly bad and loves giant mechsuits while the other 2 might be explorers of sorts. Check out the 3 page preview below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Five years ago, Rodimus and a collection of traumatised, lovelorn and/or sarcastic Autobots set off on a quest to find Cyberutopia. So far, they've made a right hash of it. They've misplaced their map. They've lost their ship, the Lost Light, to a mutinous escapologist. Oh, and they're dead.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FALL OF CYBERTRON BLASTER AND STEELJAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Decepticon Starscream New" on EBAY
Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "SOUNDBLASTER Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager Figure 2012" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Fall of Cybertron OPTIMUS PRIME Deluxe Class, New/Sealed (2011)" on EBAY
Buy "2007 SDCC Exclusive Transformers Alternators Ford GT Rodimus MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Buzzworthy Clunker Bumblebee 27BB vs Barricade 28BB Studio Series" on EBAY