More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron

Tuesday, September 8th, 2015 10:44pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 32,979

Earlier today, we reported on a set of images taken of a leaked test shot of the upcoming Scattershot remold of the Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt mold and we have an update to share with you, courtesy of fellow fan and collector Daim Choc, who obtained these images through ACToys.

Not only do we get to see more of Scattershot (this time in Betatron torso mode) but we also get to see more detail on the Onslaught remold of Hot Spot, more specifically the Bruticus torso mode. (To see the rest of Onslaught and a sneak peek of Brawl, click here to read our previous news report on that leak.)

Before you check out the images below, see the original molds in our galleries so you can see the rather drastic remolding changes for yourself! Well, drastic changes for Onslaught, sadly not so much for Scattershot who remains rather disappointing considering he's more or less a straight up repaint of Superion in combined form, not to mention none of his fellow Technobots have seen the light of day yet, nor has a rumor of their existence. All of which makes this news staffer have this reaction: :(

Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt (And Superion)
Combiner Wars Voyager Class Hot Spot (And Defensor)

Without further ado, the newly leaked images:

Transformers News: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron

Transformers News: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron

Credit(s): ACToys, Daim Choc

Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724944)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 8th, 2015 @ 10:56pm CDT
Still waiting on a good Computron :BOT:
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724946)
Posted by Bradimus on September 8th, 2015 @ 11:03pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Bradimus wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And Underbite doesn't have wings.

And with how different Sky Lynx is from Underbite, Underbite would be best getting his own mold for such an endeavor.

I know it's wrong, but I just want something other than the griffin. Even if I have to grasp at straws. I don't care if it actually looks any more like Underbite than the most of the figures from Machine Wars resemble the traditional portrayal of their characters.

I just feel like getting a toy of the griffon will be he point at which it's official that nothing outside of the G1 cartoon is allowed to matter (other than the Bay movies, and those only while their release is still relatively recent) and those of us who prefer Beast Wars or whatever should pack up and go home.

I guess you missed the Hatchet discussion. :???:

Edit: Oh, wait, never mind. You want something outside the film, too...

I feel for you regarding Beast Wars, except we just got some for Thrilling 30.

Yeah, but it's been nothing but variations of G1 for the last half decade or so; it kinda wears thin after a while >:oP

Don't I know it... Not that I'm complaining, I grew up on G1. But I don't need the CW version of the Ark characters.

I do want Fire Convoy, aka RID Optimus Prime. I'd also be interested in RID related limb retools that allow him to form Omega Prime. But even without them just having RID Optimus/Omega Prime would be very cool.

I grabbed Armada Starscream, and wish the other primary seekers were released in that mold. Too bad Skywarp is an exclusive. I would pick up the power up version as Thundercracker if Hasbro releases that here. I don't have TC in my collection (no Skywarp, either). I wish the Leader Jetfire mold was downsized to Voyager for the Seekers. Then I'd have gone in for all three.

While it doesn't interest me we did get Armada Megatron, and he's more than available around the world, if that counts for something.

Back in TF Prime we got Hot Shot. I picked him up instead of BB and I really like the toy.

Hasbro needs to bring over Takara Blackarachania. If they don't it's a crime.

Truth is, there are some BW figures that have molds that hold up to modern standards (in part because standards have dropped a bit), but Cheator needs a better mold already. That head should not stick out that far from his chest. And Tigatron is obvious.

I'd love to see a number of Japanese TF figures brought into the 21st century, but kids know nothing about them because the cartoons were never brought over proper. I'm talking dubbing them and showing them on TV, not releasing subs for collectors (though I'm glad they finally did that for Headmasters).

I think Generations has attached itself too tightly to IDW right now, and that has become a problem for non G1 characters. Generations is supposed to be inclusive of all generations of Transformers and Hasbro has clearly forgotten that statement they made way back when they marketed the line. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724948)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 8th, 2015 @ 11:13pm CDT

You did it for Bruticus so why not Scattershot?
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724951)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 8th, 2015 @ 11:24pm CDT
Bradimus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Bradimus wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And Underbite doesn't have wings.

I guess you missed the Hatchet discussion. :???:

Edit: Oh, wait, never mind. You want something outside the film, too...

I feel for you regarding Beast Wars, except we just got some for Thrilling 30.

Hasbro needs to bring over Takara Blackarachania. If they don't it's a crime.

Which is why I had mentioned that I would really just like a Universe 2.0. With old figs from everything: G1 Liokaiser, leo convoy, bw neo/II, arm/ener/cyb, rid car brothers/ o/p/ magnus (where's a new x-brawn when you need one, I liked his character), all the good stuff. It's kinda why I like TT tav right now, they're mixing a bunch of stuff they never (I think) got into one line, and then giving them snazzy new paint schemes.
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724952)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 8th, 2015 @ 11:27pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Taking a deep breathe............Hasbro/TT(?), I do hope you are insulting your rabid fans by just releasing a lazy partial retool of Scattershot? At least go the distance and give his Supermode head a new sculpt.

You did it for Bruticus so why not Scattershot?

Yeah, at least if they were toy accurate (had a mouth) it wouldn't be so bad, but they went and gave superion a mouthplate, and now computron looks very superion-ish :BANG_HEAD:
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724953)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 8th, 2015 @ 11:35pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Still waiting on a good Computron :BOT:

Aren't we all?
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724959)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 8th, 2015 @ 11:42pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Still waiting on a good Computron :BOT:

Aren't we all?

We really are. I like Superion having a face mask, but i would like Computron to have a mouth. would really help distinguish the 2 :BOT:
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724962)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 8th, 2015 @ 11:51pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Still waiting on a good Computron :BOT:

Aren't we all?

Eh; if it had come down to it, I'd rather have that hatchet/skylynx combiner instead >:oP

Would still prefer a :CON: combiner instead.
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724963)
Posted by Burn on September 8th, 2015 @ 11:52pm CDT

You did it for Bruticus so why not Scattershot?

It is a very good question. Makes me think that they really have no plans for Technobot limbs and that he'll just be another Cyclonus. A torso with no "official" limbs.
"It's just a flesh wound!"
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724965)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 8th, 2015 @ 11:56pm CDT
Burn wrote:

You did it for Bruticus so why not Scattershot?

"It's just a flesh wound!"

IF it is true, it would seem to be a rather giant middle finger to all the G1'ers here :BOOM:
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724967)
Posted by william-james88 on September 9th, 2015 @ 12:01am CDT
Burn wrote:

You did it for Bruticus so why not Scattershot?

"It's just a flesh wound!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hellscream9999 wrote:

Speaking of G1, even though I was born in 88, I find that G1 scattershot alt mode really cool looking. I much preffer that bulky cannon/cockpit that makes up the ship rather than just have a long narrow cockpit which seems very much apart from the rest of the ship.
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724970)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 9th, 2015 @ 12:07am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Burn wrote:

You did it for Bruticus so why not Scattershot?

"It's just a flesh wound!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hellscream9999 wrote:

Yeah, I've messed with it, it is pretty cool, it had a sorta w.m.d. feel about it, or something that would be in star wars (a cockpit on a giant cannon)

And, ya know? I was thinking that the silverbolt legs actually help enhance his resemblance to his G1 incarnation, that breeze block undercarriage is finally pulling it's own weight.
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724980)
Posted by Zeedust on September 9th, 2015 @ 12:54am CDT
Bradimus wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And Underbite doesn't have wings.

I guess you missed the Hatchet discussion. :???:

Edit: Oh, wait, never mind. You want something outside the film, too...

I feel for you regarding Beast Wars, except we just got some for Thrilling 30.

Not thrilled with Hatchet, but could live with it.

And yeah, we got all of three Beast Wars figures in a 30th anniversary celebrating the history of the franchise with almost entirely G1 guys. Four if you count the legends Starscream/Waspinator set. Which is admittedly better acknowledgement than anything after Armada got.

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Bradimus wrote:
I feel for you regarding Beast Wars, except we just got some for Thrilling 30.

And on and off before that, going back all the way to Alternators, and even a few popping up prior to that in Armada.
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724981)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 9th, 2015 @ 12:59am CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Bradimus wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And Underbite doesn't have wings.

I guess you missed the Hatchet discussion. :???:

Edit: Oh, wait, never mind. You want something outside the film, too...

I feel for you regarding Beast Wars, except we just got some for Thrilling 30.

Not thrilled with Hatchet, but could live with it.

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Bradimus wrote:
I feel for you regarding Beast Wars, except we just got some for Thrilling 30.

Yeah, it's gotten a little old >:oP
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724985)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 9th, 2015 @ 1:10am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Burn wrote:

You did it for Bruticus so why not Scattershot?

"It's just a flesh wound!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hellscream9999 wrote:

No problem with the flying space canon with wings. HeckSuperion's Deryfied version had a mouth guard over the actual toy but Computron "should" have a mouth at least. I mean, they changed the gave Scattershot a new head sculpt, at least go the distance with what you started (HB that is)

Give us a good "Head"!
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724988)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 9th, 2015 @ 1:28am CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:To those of you who already own Hot Spot/the Protectobots, are you happy with the figures? I'm just curious, as I'm planning on picking them up, but I'm kind of undecided about Hot Spot right now.

I know I'm a little late, but I like the protectobots. But if you get them, do yourself a favor and GET ROOK, he's great and people seem to be skipping him left and right because he's a new guy.
Funny you say that, I was actually gonna pass on Rook and get Prowl instead to be the "new" member of the Protectobots. He and Streetwise are the same mold, correct? But now I might just go with Rook anyway.

Also, I got Cyclonus as well, just because in hand he looks so damn good. And I picked up the Stunticon limbs (again) to go with him. Y'know, purple hands and feet. As for Scattershot, I don't think he will be like Cyclonus and be a torso without official limbs, simply because he did have official limbs in G1, so I think he will have them in CW as well. I think Hasbro plans to reveal them all at once when they're ready. After all, Computron is not planned for release until after Bruticus, correct?
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1724999)
Posted by Cobotron on September 9th, 2015 @ 8:33am CDT
RP, I know you're not a fan of the "new guys", but Rook is just a really fun and cool toy. You'll be happy with him.
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1725002)
Posted by steals_your_goats on September 9th, 2015 @ 8:39am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:

Scattershot is supposed to be the wave mate Voyager with onslaught. There's still no official word on a full Computron.
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1725005)
Posted by Bradimus on September 9th, 2015 @ 8:53am CDT
Silverbolt to Scattershot isn't perfect in vehicle, but it could have worked in robot and torso modes. Simply put, the mold needs a new head for robot (did that), and a new chest piece design as well. The torso mode needs the Superion head with a mouth and the proper colors as well as new interlocking chest plates to make it look like Computron. Fact is if that's done right it works brilliantly. For vehicle mode it needs new wings and a new nose (they did both of those), as well as eliminating the fins on the tale. In place of the tale fins should be a slot for a pistol that looks like the shoulder cannons from the original toy. Finally, he needs a new gun in brown. I might dig that, but that's not what Hasbro is doing. Takara, on the other hand just might do right by this figure. That's the figure Hasbro might later bring over, along with the rest of the limbs should Takara release a Computron.
Re: More Image Leaks Of Combiner Wars Bruticus And Betatron (1725012)
Posted by Shockwave7 on September 9th, 2015 @ 9:24am CDT
Excited to see more of Bruticus. But the codpiece and the thigh joints worry me a little. Defensor doesn't have very good leg poseability in and of itself. The first images had Bruticus' legs extended ala Defensor, and the looked awkwardly far apart from the codpiece. This shot has the legs lowered down (the way some people do with Menasor), but the codpiece is in the way, and in combined mode, the legs won't be straight that way, and the figure wouldn't stand well.

Hope they tweak the leg ratchets like they did with the White Optimus....

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 THRUST Vintage Generations One 1985- Nosecone defect-" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Silverbolt (Superion) 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "NEW IN-HAND Transformers Generations Kingdom Ultra Magnus War for Cybertron " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Dinobots Unite - ThunderHowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-15 Nightbird Shadow (not Arcee) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-12 Windblade MISB (Takara Tomy)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Combiner Wars HUFFER Complete with Cardback and Instructions" on EBAY