More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure

More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure

Saturday, January 17th, 2009 8:40pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 38,331

Thanks to seibertron.com member Autobotic9, we know have some more images and info regarding the new Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Constructicon figure leaked earlier today.

Some fans may recall a news story that was posted on Seibertron.com this past summer (that was removed as per request of Hasbro), about a member who saw a Voyager-class construction vehicle being painted while on a tour of the Hasbro HQ. Though the member who took the tour never divulged more than simply the vehicle mode and size class of the figure, he knows tells us that this new toy is indeed the figure he saw during the tour and - contrary to speculation in our previous story - is an independant toy with its own robot mode, not one of the rumoured "vehicle-mode-only" Constructicon figures.

Autobotic9 also gave us a brief run-down of what the properly transformed robot mode should look like:

Also, some new images have surfaced in the original thread, which have been mirrored below:

{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}

Credit(s): ACToys, Star of Cybertron, Autobotic9

This article was last modified on Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 8:38am CST

Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (868875)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 17th, 2009 @ 8:57pm CST
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (868877)
Posted by Barrelass on January 17th, 2009 @ 9:04pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:OK, can someone just confirm for me: these are going to be Voyager class TFs, with robot and construction vehicle modes... that also combine to form a giant Devastator?

I don't think anyone can confirm much of anything at this point, but after reading through the comments, everyone really seems to freak out and infer a lot from a couple blurry pictures. All there have been is rumor and speculation (and an as usual angry Sledge sighting). I am willing to be patient and see that they have done with the whole set. I just hope that all the colors of the different vehicles look decent together.
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (868882)
Posted by Zeds on January 17th, 2009 @ 9:08pm CST
Looks like he was transformed by someone with no hands!
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (868889)
Posted by Mirage22 on January 17th, 2009 @ 9:21pm CST
Hey that's really cool. I still think it would have been cool to have them all green. 'Can't wait to see more pictures of the figures surface. Just hope they will be correctly transformed in them. :wink:
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (868906)
Posted by shadowtyger00 on January 17th, 2009 @ 10:19pm CST
After looking at the pics, I do agree it looks like part of the full devastator figure. The main shoulders and arms.Even the head. It looks more like 1 transformer figure who seperates to 2 or more vehicles. Rather then different vehicles forming different charcter figures than merging to 1 big figure. I don't know guys I've seen most of the figures that you guys must have also seen online and the more I look at them the more suspicious I get that they may be test figures rather than the compleated deal. Mislead us perhaps...The guys who are associated with the movie are really utilizing the transformers catchphrase "more than meets the eye".playing with our eyes..
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (868919)
Posted by First-Aid on January 17th, 2009 @ 10:34pm CST

If that's the case then...wow...can you imagine the sheer SIZE of it? Though if you think about it, it could make sense. A bunch of Voyagers would have more- and larger- parts available to interlock more smoothly.

Also, my first impression of the head is...the head of Energon Demolisher. I do also get the Unicronish vibe, but initially I thought of Energon Demolisher....

...am I crazy?

Don't answer that...it was rhetorical. :?
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (868957)
Posted by The Chronic on January 17th, 2009 @ 11:47pm CST
Autobotic9 wrote:He's a voyager shovel. His shovel splits into two arms, one tread goes behind his head, and the other one he rolls around on. This is a fact. His alt mode is also horribly mistransformed. It should look like this: Image

So he has an alt mode and he combines and he has a robot mode but he doesnt have any legs of his own?
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (868993)
Posted by primeoptimus on January 18th, 2009 @ 1:27am CST
Chronic wrote:

well,the treds become his leds and his shovel becomes 2 long massive arms
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (869006)
Posted by Baha08 on January 18th, 2009 @ 2:14am CST
See aside from die hard collectors and such this has to be the worse Devastator/Constructicons that they'll make. I mean for 20 bucks to buy a Transformer that can't transform is a big waste of money on the grounds that you'll have to hunt the others down.

And what if they also do it in waves? Then you'll have a useless robot that's only decent qualities are the vehicle.
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (869014)
Posted by influence82 on January 18th, 2009 @ 2:43am CST
In Hasbro's defense, making such a detailed combiner for Hasbro would be very expensive. Are people willing to pay extra for the requirements that some people demand beyond the traditional price points (such as Masterpiece class)? And even if Hasbro met those requirements and sold the product, would the company sell enough make a profit?
Also, the movie studio probably does not yet have the final version of the robots, so Hasbro has to develop the toy on a preliminary design which may change by the final edit (as it was stated before, it takes 12-16 months to develop 1 Transformer toy). ROTF may not be fully rendered until the last days before the release. Considering the pressures and deadlines this company faces, I am disheartened to see so many people bash Hasbro at this one unauthorized preliminary photograph of a toy. The standards that some people apply for toy designs may be so high that they may be impossible to reach. If some people cannot understand that, then they may never feel satisfied.
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (869040)
Posted by munkimus prime on January 18th, 2009 @ 5:58am CST
The alt mode looks really good but I need to see it combined with the rest of the Constructicons before I make any final thoughts on this toy. I like the head mold though.
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (869054)
Posted by Booda on January 18th, 2009 @ 7:02am CST
There's a problem of perspective with this toy. Looking at in comparison to the other toys, it seems like one of those little excavators that you see on the side of the road. Why then, would you make it turn into a robot with no legs?

That's not what this is, though. Look at this pic again (might be cut off in the forum view)

This excavator needs A FLIGHT OF STAIRS to get into. Some similar kibble can be seen on the toy. This robot is huge enough on its own that even with no legs it could possibly stand taller than Optimus Prime.

It's already hard enough to fit humans and Transformers on the screen at the same time, but if this guy had legs, he would be totally out of frame most of the time. You may ask, "Isn't that what we want from Devastator?" Yes! So if a single Constructicon had that effect, it'd subtract from the impact of the Constructicons combined. I think they made this Constructicon the way they did so that when Devastator shows up, it'll be more awe-inspiring.

Unfortunately, that means making Mr. Excavator (Scavenger?) less awe-inspiring.
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (869091)
Posted by Autobotic9 on January 18th, 2009 @ 8:03am CST
Skowl wrote:I rather they make one set with good-looking vehicle modes and good looking bot-modes and a seperate set with an awesome Devastator mode instead of trying to do too much, and ending up with a set of useless, un-transformable, unstable robots.

Fans don't know what's best for them sometimes - they want perfection when they should learn to be grateful for excellence.

Fact, eh? I'd like to believe you - that actually sounds like a cool idea for a bot mode!

EDIT: Wait, further research has revealed that you are actually the guy who got to see one of the ROTF Voyager figures during that Hasbro tour! You did describe it as a Voyager-class shovel-scoop construction vehicle - so you must know what you're talking about!

What a scoop! Both figuratively and literally speaking...

Yeah. I really didn't want to give anything away in respect for hasbro, but now that this floodgate is open on this toy,might as well.

For the robot mode, one tread folds vertically over his head, and the other one he rolls on like a unicycle. I don't know if this is fact because the man was painting it to be photographed.
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (869092)
Posted by Sledge on January 18th, 2009 @ 8:06am CST
craggy wrote:yawn

What a sparkling Wildean retort! You have made me realise the fatal flaw in my argument with your devastating wit and reason! :roll:

If I can interrupt the panic about this, I'd like to ask again: has anyone got any actual confirmation on how Devastator will work? So far, I've seen a picture of one mis-transformed construction vehicle that has somehow convinced people that we're either getting a group of vehicles with no individual robot modes, or two sets of vehicles to address the individual and combined robot modes.
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (869102)
Posted by caitlindevi on January 18th, 2009 @ 8:28am CST

What?

Oh we can't figure out how to give him legs in robot mode?

Just make it roll about on one of the tracks...that'll do

That is just lazy design. Even the simple G1 figures all got to have legs.
Was it the good designers day of when they did this one?
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (869161)
Posted by Bumblebeast on January 18th, 2009 @ 10:50am CST
I think he's just mistransformed.

Anyways, i'd pay for 5 or 6 deluxes forming a bigger robot. No problem with that. When i was a kid we all tried to collect the constructicons (i had more luck with the technobots) and the toys were expensive back then compared to what they did.

But again, i won't buy 5 or 6 non-transformable vehicles forming a robot. That's Voltron, not transformers.
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (869168)
Posted by craggy on January 18th, 2009 @ 11:22am CST
Sledge wrote:
craggy wrote:yawn

Sorry for not explaining everything I was saying to you on a giant piece of paper with crayons. If you'd read all of my comments you'd see what I was talking about and where I was coming from. I got bored trying to get it into your head.

As I said before, I don't know what this toy is. It could be one part of a combiner made up from numerous vehicles that change into robots. It could be one vehicle that becomes a couple of smaller robots. It could be a toaster disguised to look like a Transformer. I was talking about the rumour posted at the start of this discussion (well, I'd have liked it to be a discussion) that there were to be 2 sets of Constructicons, one with separate robot modes which don't combine and one with no individual robots that do combine into a larger robot. I did say I could be wrong. I didn't take that picture, or have anything to do with making the object featured in it.

I don't know if you like arguing with people in general, or if I'm just lucky, but I'm replying here in a last attempt to turn this into something constructive, if you'll pardon the pun.

Bottom line, I don't see any reason Hasbro can't make a combiner where each part has its own robot and vehicle mode. If they want. They have done before and could do again. Customisers make their own often, and some of those surpass the official efforts in terms of articulation. Obviously with real products a lot of it comes down to the price point the toys are designed to sell at.

Another idea I'd not thought of, but which could make some sense, is that the Constructicons start off as normal Decepticons and sacrifice their separate robot modes for the ability to combine into Devastator. It's silly, but not any worse than some other ideas that have been used in Transformers in the past 25 years, and in fact could show a bit of the difference between the Bots and the Cons. The bad guys are willing to give up their individuality in order to become better killers.

All of those are reasons why they might choose not to make a new Devastator using the same concept as the original, but there's no reason why they can't, which is what you had a go at me over in the first place.

Now regarding the picture itself, I sometimes have a tough time telling if a movie style TF is transformed correctly into its robot mode even in publicity shots, so I wouldn't be too shocked if that mess was intended to be the real version of whoever this is.
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (869202)
Posted by Forgotten on January 18th, 2009 @ 12:35pm CST
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (869205)
Posted by Tigertrack on January 18th, 2009 @ 12:39pm CST
Sledge wrote:
craggy wrote:yawn

WEll, back on page one, I made an opinion based on what I saw and rumors that I have read or heard. None of us are claiming to know anything factual here, and all we have are rumors to go on at this point. I don't think anyone is getting too upset with what is being theorized here. It's just speculation based on rumors and whisperings...
Re: More Images and New Info Regarding New ROTF Constructicon Figure (869216)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 18th, 2009 @ 12:59pm CST
forgotten wrote:That thing looks awfully familiar, especially the arms/shovel. I just can't quite remember yet. :-?

Armada Hoist?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Universe Ratchet COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 2005 Botcon Exclusive Timelines Universe Ironhide w/ weapon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Autobody Roadbuster SEALED " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DOTM Mechtech Voyager Class Shockwave Action Figure 2011 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RAMJET - G2-Botcon Club 2011 -USA generation 2 redux seeker" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers DOTM Deluxe Class Autobot Sideswipe Walmart Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY