More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream

More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream

Monday, April 13th, 2020 12:41pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 40,345

Today, Hasbro debuted their latest figure from their Movie Masterpiece line of TRANSFORMERS figures – the MPM-10 Starscream! This Starscream figure is an authentic TRANSFORMERS collectible figure inspired by CAD files from the first theatrical films and stands at 11 inches tall in robot mode! MPM-10 Starscream will be available exclusively at Target.com and in stores on September 1st, 2020.

Below is the official description provided to us by Hasbro. You can view a video demonstrating Starscream transformation and articulation here as well as our original news article from earlier this morning here.

Transformers: Movie Masterpiece Series MPM-10 Starscream
(Ages 8 and Up/Approx. Retail Price $149.99/ Available 9/1/2020)

Recreate your favorite Starscream scene from the first Transformers movie with the new Movie Masterpiece Starscream! The MPM-10 Starscream figure is an authentic Transformers collectible figure inspired by the CAD files from the first Transformers film and includes die cast parts and 150 deco ops with more than 50 points of articulation. The MPM-10 Starscream figure stands at 11 inches in robot mode and converts into the movie-inspired officially licensed Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor Jet in 63 steps. The figure features highly articulated hands, flip up thrusters, a moveable mouth, missile and buzz saw arm attachments, and a Gatling blaster accessory.

Modeled after the Transformers live action movies, Movie Masterpiece authentic figures feature film-inspired details and accessories, ideal for displaying on collectors’ shelves. Available exclusively at Target.com and in-store 9/1/2020.

Special thanks to Powered Convoy and other Seibertronians for also sharing this information with us, as well as our friends at Hasbro for sending us these images and content directly.

Transformers News: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream

Credit(s): Hasbro

Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060496)
Posted by hausjam on April 13th, 2020 @ 12:44pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:The ROTF toy had obvious hands sticking out of the jet mode. Plus that bot look like complete garbage.

MPM-10 has obvious everything sticking out of the jet mode.

If you like this MPM nonsense, hey, good for you. If I want a halfassed toy, I will stick with the Black Mamba at a third of the price.

1.jpg
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060497)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 13th, 2020 @ 1:00pm CDT
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060502)
Posted by Drift082111 on April 13th, 2020 @ 1:20pm CDT
He looks amazing.
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060503)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 13th, 2020 @ 1:21pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:How many people look at the jet toys from underneath? Even if you display in alt mode. You'll be looking at above. No one is going to be displaying this by balancing the jet on his rear end.

I do this display often but obviously, the underside face the wall.

Also, I can forgive a jetformer to be a total mess under. As long that it's not sticking out too much from the side and nothing is visible above.

Those who want perfect jets better stick with bots that have the vehicle mode as top priority like the classic Gobots from the 1980's.
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060505)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 13th, 2020 @ 2:17pm CDT
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060508)
Posted by Seibertron on April 13th, 2020 @ 2:27pm CDT
I like how MPM-1 and MPM-10 are both Starscreams, comparable to MP-1 and MP-10 both being Optimus Primes (aka Convoys).
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060513)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 13th, 2020 @ 3:44pm CDT
That robot mode looks great, but the jet mode deco is a fail with those blue spots on there. I love the HFTD leader, and if I get this figure, it'll strictly be in robot mode, with that one in jet mode.
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060515)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 13th, 2020 @ 3:51pm CDT
I was going to ask what you meant by blue on the wings as the pictures I'd seen didn't have any blue till I saw that one of them did. How curious that the others didn't.
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060516)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 13th, 2020 @ 3:55pm CDT
Yeah some have them gray, some blue. So which is it? The gray bothers me as well, but not nearly as much.
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060517)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 13th, 2020 @ 3:57pm CDT
The video and the initial announcement image are grey, so I'm tempted to go with that but I could never be a hundred percent.
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060518)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 13th, 2020 @ 4:00pm CDT
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060522)
Posted by william-james88 on April 13th, 2020 @ 4:18pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I'm thinking that as well, because blue just wouldn't make sense. In none of the movies Starscream was in was he any type of blue. Or white, either. The more I look at these shots, the more I'm convinced I should just stick with the HFTD figure.

Well look, with Optimus Prime, it turned out that the ROTF Leader was the better toy than the MPM. For this, I think both will be as good in their own way. I might still preffer the HFTD for how elegant the undercarriage is handled. it was there, but it was smoothe enough.

As for the gray vs blue discussion, it's a problem with the lighting. Grey (just like black) is always a mixture of a darker tint of either blue, green or purple, because there is no such thing as actual black in pigmentation. So in this case, the grey comes from a blue pigment and can reflect differently given the lightsource and accompanying manipulation of the photo.
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060524)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 13th, 2020 @ 4:22pm CDT

"MPM-X"? :???:

Anyway, something tells me the "blue" is more of a trick of the lighting or hue settings. You know, "what color is the dress?" :lol:
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060525)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 13th, 2020 @ 4:24pm CDT
Well X is ten in roman numerals... Though why they'd switch to that numbering scheme now is weird
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060527)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 13th, 2020 @ 4:25pm CDT

I dunno.
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060533)
Posted by Drift082111 on April 13th, 2020 @ 4:41pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Articulation looks amazing, but something about this just leaves me disappointed. it just seems like it should be so much more than the original leader class and Studio Series than it is.

I dunno.

I want it, but I thought there would be more sheen or shine to it if I'm being clear enough. I think I just expected more of a shiny metal look in anticipation of the reveal. I kept thinking of all of the sunshine that Michael Bay incorporated in those films and how the light was constantly playing off the Bots and Cons.
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060537)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 13th, 2020 @ 4:52pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I was being extreme when I said that Krana :lol: I didn't realise anyone actually did it! No offence :) but yeah expecting a perfectly clean jet mode is unnecessary. The robot is the main attraction. The vehicle here looks fine as is, and clearly you don't need to display with the hand weapons attached, thats just a place to store them for vehicle mode if you so wish.

No offence at all.
It's a valid way to display the jets. They usually stand up pretty well! However, the Movie jet cannot stand up like this because of the way it's made. It dosent have a "tripod".

Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060544)
Posted by DMSL on April 13th, 2020 @ 5:08pm CDT
It looks like a retool of the HFTD Starscream.
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060545)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on April 13th, 2020 @ 5:25pm CDT
It really comes down to stability/QC issues for me, because at least on appearances this blows the HFTD leader out of the water for me. They finally got the proportions right - as much as I like the leader and SS figures, they haven't really been able to get the torso proportions right. It's also huge that the robot mode wings are formed from the primary wings instead of the rear fins! It looks so much better.

$150 is actually better than I was expecting, but still a lot more than I've ever spent on a Transformer before. We'll have to see, I'm excited to see more pictures/videos in the meantime!
Re: More images and official description of Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream (2060546)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 13th, 2020 @ 5:31pm CDT
DMSL wrote:It looks like a retool of the HFTD Starscream.

In what sense? :???:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Lockdown New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Cny Year Of The Horse Starscream Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Age of Extinction 12” Lockdown Action Figure New in Box NIB MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers lot incomplete Hasbro missing weapons Hot Shot Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "KREO KREON FIGURE OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS MOVIE AOE GALVATRON FACTORY BATTLE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Silver Knight Optimus Prime 12" Target Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum edition Year of The Horse Starscream" on EBAY