More Images of Botcon Sharkticon

Transformers News: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon

Monday, May 10th, 2010 6:02PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 28,339

As Botcon 2010 comes closer we see more and more of what will be there. New images have surfaced off Chinese auction site Taobao of the possible Botcon Sharkticon figure we reported on here. The new images are larger and provide a properly transformed alternate mode. To view the source click here.

Credit(s): Taobao

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1072920)
Posted by Zeds on May 10th, 2010 @ 6:04pm CDT
What a cutie!
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1072921)
Posted by craggy on May 10th, 2010 @ 6:08pm CDT
aye, tis pretty awesome. and kinda looks like a shark. which is weird.

edit: is the date on the photos in 2007 on purpose?
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1072930)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on May 10th, 2010 @ 6:38pm CDT
I don't know. I'm not really excited about it.
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1072935)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 10th, 2010 @ 6:45pm CDT
I hope this guy's available through the TFCC the way Elita-1 and Razorclaw were. I wasn't very impressed the last time I saw pics (though I said I'd be willing to buy this guy then as well, I think), but this time we have better pics.

Edit:

craggy wrote:aye, tis pretty awesome. and kinda looks like a shark. which is weird.

edit: is the date on the photos in 2007 on purpose?

Dunno about the date, but the fact that his alt-mode does kinda look like a shark (when they don't frak up the arms, like they did in the other pics I've seen) is part of the reason why I like this guy. Didn't buy the mold when it was out during Energon, but when that version was repackaged for U1.0 and I was able to find it I made a point of buying.
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1072939)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 10th, 2010 @ 6:52pm CDT
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1072958)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 10th, 2010 @ 7:53pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Ha, funny thing is, I have the Energon version of this mold, but as G1 Sharkiticon? Double surprise! I didn't even know this was coming out! ;)

This is like the second post I've seen about it. Other announced 2 usages of the E-Sharkticon mold, the other being Sky-Byte. Both are good usages of the mold IMO. Still hating the way they mis-transformed the arms in the original pics, though.
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073099)
Posted by wolverinetodd on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:24am CDT
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073104)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:40am CDT
ShGarland_1383 wrote:I hope this guy's available through the TFCC the way Elita-1 and Razorclaw were.

It's unlikely because you have to consider that the Sweeps were the comparable set from last year and they sold out in a day.
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073112)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 11th, 2010 @ 8:15am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

Yeup. I don't do multiple purchases, but this is a set (3 per set) that I'll want two of! Something about troop builders that I really love. Seekers, Sweeps, these sharkticons.
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073128)
Posted by SJ21 on May 11th, 2010 @ 9:31am CDT
Ugh. Just... ugh.

I guess I am going to wait until next year and hope the theme and figures are more to my taste.
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073132)
Posted by GetterDragun on May 11th, 2010 @ 9:39am CDT
wolverinetodd wrote:It looks like they are trying to reach the female audience with this one. Too many pastel colors and if you add a mane and tail you can comb, it would look like something from the "My Little Pony" toy line. I appreciate the homage to the original Sharkticon Gnaw, but less pink and more slightly darker gray could have done that.

You don't know much about G2, do you?
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073143)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 11th, 2010 @ 9:57am CDT
SJ21 wrote:Ugh. Just... ugh.

You're not gonna go now buddy?
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073145)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 11th, 2010 @ 10:03am CDT
GetterDragun wrote:

You don't know much about G2, do you?

Aside from the fact G2 does not mean "after the movie?" Sharkticon was still G1, another odd one out along with Sky-Byte.
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073250)
Posted by craggy on May 11th, 2010 @ 1:51pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
GetterDragun wrote:

You don't know much about G2, do you?

he's also less pink than the original Gnaw/Sharkticon toy.
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073360)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on May 11th, 2010 @ 6:08pm CDT
Is it just me, or does the molding around the eyes and angle of the camera make Sharkticon look REALLY concerned about the hungry-looking Doraimon behind him?
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073414)
Posted by Blurrz on May 11th, 2010 @ 7:51pm CDT
They are really going to town with the funky colors. I wonder if this figure will be a 3-pack like the Sweeps..
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073579)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 12th, 2010 @ 8:56am CDT
Blurrz wrote: I wonder if this figure will be a 3-pack like the Sweeps..

I'd really like to know this too. I hope so. I don't need or want more than 3 cuz that's the magic number. Uh, for me that is. Anyone else want 30 of em? Knock yourself out, just wait til I've bought mine. ;)
:BOT:
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073582)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 12th, 2010 @ 9:01am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Blurrz wrote: I wonder if this figure will be a 3-pack like the Sweeps..

:BOT:

It's a three pack/troop set ala the sweeps. I'm going for 2 sets!! :D
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073586)
Posted by Flux Convoy on May 12th, 2010 @ 9:14am CDT
Prime Evil wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:
Blurrz wrote: I wonder if this figure will be a 3-pack like the Sweeps..

:BOT:

It's a three pack/troop set ala the sweeps. I'm going for 2 sets!! :D

That's confirmed?
:BOT:
Re: More Images of Botcon Sharkticon (1073617)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 12th, 2010 @ 10:49am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:
Prime Evil wrote:
Flux Convoy wrote:
Blurrz wrote: I wonder if this figure will be a 3-pack like the Sweeps..

:BOT:

It's a three pack/troop set ala the sweeps. I'm going for 2 sets!! :D

That's confirmed?
:BOT:

Insider knowledge. ;)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters Firedrive Figu" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers G1 - Bombshell 100% Complete w/ Instructions and Stat Card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Optimal Optimus Card hascon card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Optimus Prime  Battle Base Trailer Plus Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 G2 LOT of 5 Leadfoot Strafe Brawl Blast Off Tankor incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1984 Transformers G1 WINDCHARGER minibot figure Hasbro/Takara LQQK!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime and Battle Base Trailer Transformers Energon Axe Attack Cyberverse" on EBAY