More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron

More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron

Tuesday, March 29th, 2011 4:02am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 36,738

Another update from our awesome site sponsor RobotKingdom, gives us another look at a nifty third party item. Soundwave has taken the form of many modern hand-held items, now it's his time to try being a recorder! Made by the company BTS, we've got more images of the popular Decepticon, albeit in prototype form. Armed to the teeth, and certainly takes after Soundwave, be sure to put your pre-orders in at RobotKingdom.com, if you're interested. Check out the new stuff below!

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): RobotKingdom

This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 29th, 2011 4:38am CDT

Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201763)
Posted by Mykltron on March 29th, 2011 @ 4:35am CDT
Blurrz wrote:now it's his time to try being a camcorder

Are you sure about that?

Looks more like a handheld dictaphone to me.

The proportions on this guy are way off. Elbows are two high and he either has no knees or they're right under his bum.

When they announced this I said they'd never capture the bulkiness of the original art.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201764)
Posted by Blurrz on March 29th, 2011 @ 4:38am CDT
I suppose that makes sense as there is no camera... thanks.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201777)
Posted by Sodan-1 on March 29th, 2011 @ 5:36am CDT
Egg. On. Face. I have to admit, I think I was a bit quick to judge. It doesn't look too bad at all. The chest IS a little on the bulky side. Pity I don't have any cassettes.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201779)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on March 29th, 2011 @ 5:42am CDT
Meh. These new images aren't making me want to buy him yet. I wish his faceplate was solid w/o that line going straight down. And the MP Megatron legs really are ruining it for me. To top it off, his shoulder cannon is quite tiny. Not much of a weapon. So far, the only notable feature is the accomodation of G1 Cassetticons.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201781)
Posted by Down_Shift on March 29th, 2011 @ 5:52am CDT
I think it looks like shite. Much like Tracks & Wheeljack the chest is just way too big, except Track and Wheeljack don't suck (too much)
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201813)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 29th, 2011 @ 7:18am CDT
Not good enough.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201822)
Posted by Prime Evil on March 29th, 2011 @ 7:57am CDT
Very easy "Pass" for me. WFC Soundwave will still be the represented figure on my shelf.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201825)
Posted by juxtapose519 on March 29th, 2011 @ 8:00am CDT
If this were a Hasbro Deluxe figure that retailed for $15, I would be crapping my pants right now.

Instead, it's going to pre-order for close to $100 and it's just not good enough for that price.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201830)
Posted by Andrius on March 29th, 2011 @ 8:21am CDT
Much as I respect their attempt to fit G1 cassettes into him, that huge chest is a major turnoff. And yet, it IS a Soundwave, so I'll probably find my way toward buying it.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201833)
Posted by Blackstreak on March 29th, 2011 @ 8:24am CDT
This looks really cool. What would really be awesome is a Blaster and Soundwave that is compatible w/ all of the Perfect Effect "cassettes". Make the alt mode some gun/missile battery that can house several of the guns.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201857)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on March 29th, 2011 @ 8:45am CDT
ew :SICK:
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201871)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 29th, 2011 @ 8:58am CDT
I would total be psyched and would be buying this...

...from Target, Walmart, ToysRUs, or even HTS.com. This just doesn't work. With WFC Soundwave still in stores and Music Label still available cheaper (not to mention everything Fansproject has ever done) this thing just isn't worth it.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201889)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 29th, 2011 @ 9:18am CDT
These new images are a bit better. I'm somewhat drawn, but also somewhat turned off by some design choices too. Now I knew that head and pelvis looked tiny since they made the chest accomodate tapes. But what really knaws at me is that (teeny) head-sculpt falls flat for me. The headsculpt is one of the most important and identifying parts of a character and I don't know who that is supposed to be. Besides being off target, it is really busy.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201892)
Posted by Rated X on March 29th, 2011 @ 9:22am CDT
OK heres my biggest issue: They went so far out of their way to modernize the head, arms, and legs, yet the torso is still this huge big square block. That works for a G1 figure but not for something meant to blend in with your classics collection. To much is being compromised to allow actual G1 cassettes to fit inside this guy. Who the hell displays G1 cassettes with classics figures anyways ??? Thats what Perfect Effect figures are for.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201898)
Posted by DevastaTTor on March 29th, 2011 @ 9:28am CDT
Just not good enough considering it'll probably cost 45 dollars or more.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201905)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 29th, 2011 @ 9:32am CDT
With enough bitching and negative reaction, can we will this thing out of production?
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1201910)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 29th, 2011 @ 9:39am CDT
These new pictures look a little bit better. They really shouldn't show off the rough white protos. Anyway, I'm still not interested because my Music Label Soundwave is good enough for me. =;
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1202005)
Posted by Stumpybot on March 29th, 2011 @ 12:06pm CDT
im all for a decent 3rd party soundwave but the waist scares me. Think i'll stick to buying music label soundwave instead
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1202012)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on March 29th, 2011 @ 12:13pm CDT
So this is what it was supposed to look like.

I've got to agree with CP here, it's not good enough. The bar is set pretty high with third party companies these days and I don't believe there is room for all of them to start making their own figures. Maybe BTS should stick to weapon sets, their last one was pretty cool.
Re: More Images of BTS-04 Sonicron (1202013)
Posted by bvzxa on March 29th, 2011 @ 12:13pm CDT
I like it so far. A little different, but I like it .

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2011 DOTM Cyberverse legion Ratchet figure (missing right hand)" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron X - Sealed figure - Transformers Cyberverse Adventures - 1-step changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cyberverse Adventures BUMBLEBEE WHEELJACK Gravity Cannon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chase Brush Fire Boulder Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY