More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive

More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive

Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 11:30am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 29,374

Via the Twitter account for the e-Hobby shop, we have some more images of their upcoming exclusive Magna Convoy, shown off in a diorama with characters from the comic accompanying the series, next to Convobat, and posing. Check them out below!

Transformers News: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive

Transformers News: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive

Transformers News: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive

Transformers News: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive

Credit(s): eHobby

Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1849028)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 27th, 2016 @ 12:31pm CST
How many times has this mold been used now? It's still a good figure but damn, some collectors must have whole shelves of it in different colours by now. I still just have the very first one from 10 years ago. Had the Magnus repaint for a while too.
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1849032)
Posted by Cheetron on December 27th, 2016 @ 12:37pm CST
Same here. I've got nemesis and a chromed one too. But when I saw this one I was like wow! It might be the sword. Lol
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1849033)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on December 27th, 2016 @ 12:45pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:It's still a good figure but damn, some collectors must have whole shelves of it in different colours by now.

Go go Convoy Rangers! :-P
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1849038)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 27th, 2016 @ 1:15pm CST
There are two Straxuses in that diorama pic.
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1849056)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 27th, 2016 @ 2:21pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:There are two Straxuses in that diorama pic.

:-$ United EX (or Japanese PCC) isn't supposed to let us know the bots behind the "-master" code names.

I said too much, didn't I? :oops:
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1849076)
Posted by Cobotron on December 27th, 2016 @ 4:46pm CST

Damn you, my love for all things Diacloney! You will be the death of my bank account!
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1849081)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 27th, 2016 @ 5:50pm CST
Cobotron wrote:I have no need for this blue Convoy in my life, but with every picture, I want it more.

How do you also feel about the Green Lantern? ;)
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1849083)
Posted by Cobotron on December 27th, 2016 @ 6:34pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

How do you also feel about the Green Lantern? ;)
I'm down with the Corps.
Is Magna's schtick that he's a cosmic universe cop?
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1849087)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 27th, 2016 @ 6:43pm CST
Cobotron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

How do you also feel about the Green Lantern? ;)
I'm down with the Corps.
Is Magna's schtick that he's a cosmic universe cop?
Kinda.

Here's his bio:
Function: Musketeer

Once, when the universe was in an epoch of darkness, the Blue Corps defended the peace. With their blue swords banishing evil, the universe regained its light. However, in the middle of battle, one of them betrayed and killed their leader; the leader-marking blue sword, the Matrix Sword, was stolen and the Corps fell to ruin. But the Blue Will never disappeared. After some tens of thousands of hours, that will and power were entrusted to a new warrior. His name is Magna Convoy. Originally a combat support robot manufactured as a robot with no will of its own, he was abandoned after suffering heavy damage in a past battle, but the leader used the last remnants of his power to give life to a new blue warrior. The blue Knightonium metal that covers Magna Convoy's body carries the vestiges of the leader. Magna Convoy's goal is to recover the stolen Matrix Sword and exact revenge on the traitor Straxus.
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1849089)
Posted by Cobotron on December 27th, 2016 @ 6:48pm CST
Eeeeew, I like it! :x
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1849102)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 27th, 2016 @ 8:25pm CST
It's kinda tempting. I have a KO of the old DIA commander armour and that crappy old KO that resembles this. It'd be kinda nice to have the real thing. It's colours are pretty slick too.

It's also kinda-sorta also related to TF:TM, which is in my purview (Magnus was in his Diaclone colours in an old commercial). Just barely.

Negatives: I have six versions of this mould. I'm also pretty sure the KO armour won't fit well, but that's something I can test.
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1850163)
Posted by Microraptor on January 2nd, 2017 @ 4:51pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

How do you also feel about the Green Lantern? ;)
I'm down with the Corps.
Is Magna's schtick that he's a cosmic universe cop?
Kinda.

Here's his bio:
Function: Musketeer

I love how the foundation is essentially that Straxus and Diaclone Convoy are both blue. Therefore, they must both be part of an ancient organization of warriors that Straxus betrayed a long time ago.
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1850170)
Posted by Overcracker on January 2nd, 2017 @ 5:32pm CST

Yup

And that shot is missing a few releases. Including the Prime Evolution version, and the Platinum Edition version.

I'm pretty sure that mold will still be seen a few more times before its retired.

Once Magna Convoy is released I'm sure Ryan will update the group shot with the missing versions.
classics-optimus-prime-mold--how-many-uses--t100729s700.php

Don't know the exact count, but I'd wager somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 or so different uses.

I'm sure JelZe will chime in with the exact number any moment now. ;)
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1850288)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 3rd, 2017 @ 3:33pm CST
Overcracker wrote:I'm sure JelZe will chime in with the exact number any moment now. ;)

Am I really that predictable? :oops:

I normally would have, but I already posted it elsewhere in this thread. Be a dear and find it for me, will you? ;;)

On second thought, the thread isn't so big, I just had to go back a page or two:

1.) Classics Optimus Prime
2.) Classic Ultra Magnus
3.) Henkei C-1 Convoy
4.) Henkei C-1 Convoy Clear Version
5.) BotCon 2008 Shattered Glass Optimus Prime
6.) Universe 2008 Nemesis Prime
7.) United Ultra Magnus
8.) Age of Extinction G1 Optimus Prime
9.) BotCon 2014 Knight Ginrai
10.) United Black Optimus Prime
11.) Cloud TFC-A01 Optimus Prime
12.) Platinum Edition Optimus Prime

Not counting Lucky Draws, btw.
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1850322)
Posted by Overcracker on January 3rd, 2017 @ 6:56pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Am I really that predictable? :oops:

Yes, but that's one of your more endearing qualities.

1.) Classics Optimus Prime
2.) Classic Ultra Magnus
3.) Henkei C-1 Convoy
4.) Henkei C-1 Convoy Clear Version
5.) BotCon 2008 Shattered Glass Optimus Prime
6.) Universe 2008 Nemesis Prime
7.) United Ultra Magnus
8.) Age of Extinction G1 Optimus Prime
9.) BotCon 2014 Knight Ginrai
10.) United Black Optimus Prime
11.) Cloud TFC-A01 Optimus Prime
12.) Platinum Edition Optimus Prime

Not counting Lucky Draws, btw.

You are right. I totally forgot you had posted that list.

so 13, and counting.

I think I'm going to start taking bets on whether it will make it to 20 uses (not counting lucky draws).
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1850375)
Posted by DestronMirage22 on January 3rd, 2017 @ 11:49pm CST
I'd love to see how this guy would look with the D.I.A. Commander upgrade.... :-?
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1850380)
Posted by RAR on January 4th, 2017 @ 12:00am CST
Am I missing a mental image of one of the 2006 Mold Primes.

I know there was one in the 2 pack with lots of chrome and some nice knee stickers sold with an AOE Optimus... is there another one that is a Platinum Prime too ?

If so remind me what that is please.
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1850383)
Posted by Cobotron on January 4th, 2017 @ 12:30am CST
RAR wrote:If so remind me what that is please.

The newest one. ;)

The chromey one was an TRU Evolutions 2 pack
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1850385)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 4th, 2017 @ 12:36am CST
Cobotron wrote:The chromey one was an TRU Evolutions 2 pack
Yeah. Number 8 on JelZe's list.
Re: More Images of e-HOBBY Magna Convoy Exclusive (1851758)
Posted by Emerje on January 11th, 2017 @ 6:01am CST
Part 2 of the comic is up:

(Edit) Just noticed that at the end he mentioned MC11 which I would guess is a reference to Micro Change MC11, known in Japanese transformers lore as Kiloton, an old friend of Megatron's that Starscream tricked into getting killed by humans.

I'm thinking a repaint of Classics Megatron is coming in these colors even if it is a different character.

Now I'll just wait for the translation to show how misguided I am.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 & 2015 RID McDonald's Happy Meal Grimlock Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Of Cybertron Megatron 2005 Dexepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron Transformers Cybertron Decepticon Leader Class Armada RID Prime MINTY!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (RID) Mini-Con Lancelon 2016 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG10 Arcee Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Angry Birds Gray Silver Rare Energon Lockdown Pig Telepods Works" on EBAY