More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag

More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag

Wednesday, April 14th, 2021 4:02pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 48,082

Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Mindmaster, for sharing this news with us.

The true source of these pictures is unknown at this juncture, but if you know (or are) the true source then let us know so we can credit you appropriately.

These latest images show a better comparison with the already released, Leader Class Grimlock, and a look inside the Dinobots mouth to see his trademark flamethrowers (which look yo be blast effect compatible).

Transformers News: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag

What do you think of these new images? Will you be having this Dinobot politely stepping on Quintesson followers?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): DaimChoc Reports Facebook Page

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 14th, 2021 4:06pm CDT

Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101761)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on April 14th, 2021 @ 4:16pm CDT
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101763)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 14th, 2021 @ 4:26pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
No worries, in fact, I do agree with most of what you and even sol magnus have indicated. Raging gewunners was a bit of an overkill, and none are really raging. But I can also have some sympathy for those who really are only into the studio series line and can definitely understand their frustration, that appears to be where many "geewunners" fall short.

I can even understand when lead to D-Max's post in the first place.

Imagine if you were really into the live movie line. Since SS Devastator was released in October, there have been only 4 new live movie bots released (2 of them retools/redecos), Bee in Jan/Feb under the buzzworthy bee heading and just this month Starscream, B-127 and Dino. You find one and want to come on one of your favorite sites and discuss it. You make a post and then someone finds the leaked photo of Slag and posts it next.

Nobody even sees or responds to your post about Dino because 3 whole pages of discussion on Slag and the rest of the G1 dinobots immediately followed.

The live movies fans have been essentially displaced from the only forum they were really part of.

Hasbro created the mess by their completely disorganized approach to WFC, its just unfortunate that those fans of the live movies are catching the brunt of it.

That is why I'm happy to have a split thread. While I certainly want to talk about G1 stuff, I also want to talk about live movie bots as well. A single thread and the relative numbers basically squeezed out the movie line discussion completely.

Don't get me wrong... There are legit frustrations for movie figure fans. No doubt about it.
I'm sure some may have felt displaced from that thread, but it was more that it was a larger channel if you will... There were plenty of back and forth posts in terms of line, figures, etc.
And with what was one thread, what did people expect? It definitely speaks pretty loudly that there would be 3+ pages of people wanting to talk about a leader class show-styled G1 Dinobot...
Because here's what people tend to forget or at least overlook-- it's been 30+ years since some of us have been waiting for a figures of this calibur for Grimlock, Slag, and the other Dinobots. Not everyone had original G1 toys of these characters. The previous versions now look pretty mehhh compared to these in SS86, especially the Classics Grimlock... Which was the only really updated Dinobot before PotP (I don't count TF Animated as updates).
Besides it being 4 years since PotP, obviously Hastak thought this was a good idea. Also, a BETTER idea than completing which ever movie lines are still incomplete.
I guess I'm saying complaining about the old thread is one thing. Complaining about not getting movie figures soon enough... We could all complain about not getting certain figures soon enough.
But why???

From these new images of Slag--
Imo the shoulders are a bit wide, even considering his height... He is one broad bot.
What's more unfortunate to me is that the tail does look incomplete without the gun placed under/at the end. Wish they would've figured out how to attach that on the underside and just finish out the tail properly.
The faux chest piece doesn't bother me one bit... The dino jaw hinging down and being that piece would've looked silly to the point of stupid. I know plenty of people hate this aspect of a figure, but to me it's more than worth it.
Does look like there is a blast effects peg in the back of the mouth and at the end of the gun.
Daniel will stay in the box. But oh well, Slag is so worth it to me.

Overall these just get me more excited for this figure and the rest of them.
Hastak has gained a lot of my confidence that the other 3 will be done really well.
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101764)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 14th, 2021 @ 4:33pm CDT
Slag look beefy, powerful, and AS BIG AS GRIMLOCK!
About time! :APPLAUSE:

Let's hope the rest of the Dinobots will follow quickly enough. Meaning, having all five in around a year.

Seeing that the Wheelie accessory (yes, accessory. Not a figure. [-( ) is included with him, I wonder if they will repaint/retool that thing into a wide variety of characters or things to go with the other Dinobots? And if yes, who or what will they be? One Sam for sure, but the rest? :-?
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101768)
Posted by sol magnus on April 14th, 2021 @ 5:33pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Greetings Seibertronians! Following on from the new images of the forthcoming Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (and Daniel), Facebook page, DaimChocReports, has shared more new images!

Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Mindmaster, for sharing this news with us.

He looks like he's a tad shorter, so Rodimus Prime should be happy!
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101772)
Posted by sol magnus on April 14th, 2021 @ 5:45pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:I know he won't appear in the Studio Series '86 line, but I hope we get a repaint of Jazz as Ricochet (aka, Stepper) sooner rather than later, to go with the rumored upcoming Artfire redeco of Kingdom G1 Inferno. I hope we get a couple of redecoed Battle Masters to go with them too as their G1 Targetmaster partners. Even if Hasbro intends not to use any "Studio Series" molds in the "Generations Selects" line, there's always those Amazon.com special multi-packs and offshoots like the "Galactic Odyssey Collection" or rumored "Golden Disk Collection."

I don't see why Studio Series couldn't be in Generations Selects if Shattered Glass Blurr is a direct repaint/retool of Studio Series Blurr. I love the Battlemaster idea, too. I didn't get the original Ricochet because I think one PotP Jazz is honestly one too many and I have that one, but it seems to me now would be a better time to put Stepper out if they're going to do an Artfire - question is will they double dip on Ricochet/Stepper?
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101774)
Posted by aronjlove on April 14th, 2021 @ 5:56pm CDT
Shattered Glass Blurr is a surprise but I wish it was SG Rodimus instead. Slag looks freaking awesome and he has his flamethrower tongue which is extra nice.
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101775)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 14th, 2021 @ 6:02pm CDT

I definitely see them released as a two-pack, just makes sense as it would make Hauler perfect for a single release. I really hope we get a new Targetmaster mold for them that matches the G1 Targetmaster better or just re-re-re-release the old Nightstick mold from Classics, I think the head can peg into the wrist post on the Artfire mold.
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101778)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 14th, 2021 @ 6:23pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:

Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Mindmaster, for sharing this news with us.

He looks like he's a tad shorter, so Rodimus Prime should be happy!

I think Slag has been posed in a wider stance...
I think he’s just as tall as Grimlock.
Which I’m more than okay with!!!!
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101784)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 14th, 2021 @ 7:41pm CDT
OK. I am going to start this post with an apology.

Soundwave76 and Sol Magnus, I am sorry for my outburst earlier this week. I really am. That was an airing of dirty laundry from my time as a staff member that was held for a while and aggravated by time. I am sorry you both ended up taking the brunt of that. I was not trying to attack either of you.

That said, TF-fan kev777 is right about the movie fans. I will tell you this, and it might not be something either of you know since you don't venture into movie threads a lot, but there used to be a lot more of us. There are 3 prominent members to be that used to post here all the time and are still pretty good friends with me on social media. The reason they left was the unwelcome atmosphere to movie fans. The most prominent guy was responsible for at least 5-7 posts a day for a good while, before he was attacked for his views on both some TLK toys and some first year SS figures. He left because he finally got tired of defending the bots and movies he loved.

I personally endured a lot of vitriol when I joined this site as a movie fan, and endured similar things in other transformers sites and social media pages as well. I have stayed where a lot of others have left, and i would lie if I said that that experience and the experience of others I consider friends have left me a bit bitter.

There are not that many of us movie fans left on this site. And those that are, we are the vocal ones because we have tried so hard to stay and still enjoy things here. "attacks" by live action fans may seem disproportionate now, but that's because others AKA movie-haters have already basically chased the rest away.

And honestly, when the one real thread you have left is basically taken over by non-movie fans, it is disheartening. They may be one line, but it took away a lot of what was left for live action fans.

I don't hate G1. I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy toys from all ages of the fandom. But when you are on such a long straight stretch of G1, some of us who did not grow up with it are right and proper burned out. I have preached something new or at least a celebration of different eras, which Kingdom has finally given, but still kept the same G1 output. It isn't solving that burnout issue. And I don't want to be burned out on Transformers.

__________________________________

All that said, to Slag: he just seems too wide and too red. I wish the dino jaw actually became the chest, like Kingdom Rhinox that feels like a cheat with how simple that should be honestly. I might get him, but he feels like he should be better proportioned and integrated.
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101786)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 14th, 2021 @ 7:48pm CDT
I was "born" in the original G1 era, and the Bayverse "resurected me".
So I'm a hardcore fan of both! :DANCE:
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101787)
Posted by sol magnus on April 14th, 2021 @ 8:06pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:OK. I am going to start this post with an apology.

I saw that post, and honestly, I don't think you owe me any apology. You didn't direct anything to me or anything I really took offense to. Issues with being staff certainly aren't any of my business. It's all good. My issue was with the other guy.

I get your frustration reading your above post. I personally have not and will not insult othr parts of the fandom, because at the end of the day, it's all Transformers.

-Kanrabat- wrote:I was "born" in the original G1 era, and the Bayverse "resurected me".
So I'm a hardcore fan of both! :DANCE:

I still listen to the 2007 movie soundtrack. LOL
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101794)
Posted by william-james88 on April 14th, 2021 @ 9:38pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:
So I'm a hardcore fan of both! :DANCE:

I still listen to the 2007 movie soundtrack. LOL

"What I've done" is the only song I keep on my playlist from the Minutes to Midnight album.
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101795)
Posted by sol magnus on April 14th, 2021 @ 9:42pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
So I'm a hardcore fan of both! :DANCE:

I still listen to the 2007 movie soundtrack. LOL

"This Moment" is my other favorite.
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101796)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 14th, 2021 @ 10:10pm CDT
@ D Max:

No worries. The apology is appreciated, but as sol said, not necessary.
I will totally admit that I didn’t completely understand the level of frustration you & other movie figure fans are going through. And I may not ever completely understand.
I’m sorry that you & others ever took crap for being fans of SS...
That’s just dumb, & honestly really kinda pisses me off.
I’m not trying to go all counselor-therapist in here, but that’s basically 1 degree off of cyber bullying.
Which is absolute bullsh!t, and lame, and weak.
Since joining back in ‘07, I have taken lengthy time away from the forums (& site) multiple times.
So while me saying I hadn’t seen anything like what you described is still true, I also didn’t have the full picture. At all.
Btw, I don’t hate the SS line. And I hope I haven’t come off like that.
With more $$$ & space I’d have quite a few of the Decepticon figures.
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101797)
Posted by sol magnus on April 14th, 2021 @ 10:17pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:With more $$$ & space I’d have quite a few of the Decepticon figures.

If I see a Prime from before TLK that I can live with, I'll certainly pick up for my Prime shelf.
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101800)
Posted by Changewinds on April 14th, 2021 @ 10:32pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Okay, so the question on how the tail would look without the gun has been answered, it won't look good, but not a deal breaker by any means for me.

Hmm, not a dealbreaker for me either, but I’m not so sure about the tail just hanging down the back in bot form.
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101801)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 14th, 2021 @ 10:34pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:

If for some reason you don't have him, the original 2007 leader is awesome looking in both modes and he's fun to handle like a Cybertron toy. Screw screen accuracy! :michaelbay:

But since it's the '86 thread and speaking of Prime, I wonder how a SS86 Optimus Prime would look like? The easy route would be a repaint/retool of the ER mold. I'd see a heavily damaged Optimus at the end of his duel with Megatron.

Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101802)
Posted by sol magnus on April 14th, 2021 @ 10:38pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
sol magnus wrote:

/quote]
That's the one I had. He was worth so much money, though, so I sold him. And he was fine, until they started making screen accurate ones.

Of course, now we're doing the inverse of what was going on in the original thread.

I spotted Hot Rod in the store today, paired with Bumblebee Starscream, so Scourge is out.
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101807)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on April 14th, 2021 @ 11:04pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:@ D Max:

No worries. The apology is appreciated, but as sol said, not necessary.
I’m sorry that you & others ever took crap for being fans of SS...
That’s just dumb, & honestly really kinda pisses me off.
Which is absolute bullsh!t, and lame, and weak.
Btw, I don’t hate the SS line. And I hope I haven’t come off like that.
With more $$$ & space I’d have quite a few of the Decepticon figures.

I will say, in my experience, most of the Seibertron community is more accepting of the movie fans, but sites like TFW, Reddit, and Twitter definitely are still alive with hate for the Bay movies, and anyone who enjoys watching them, which only got worse when people were buying SS figures while Hasbro was crowd-funding Unicron. It's gotten better as people have been getting more of what they want from HasTak, but every once in a great while you'll still see someone make comments about how "Bayverse figures are such wastes of plastic. Just give me an obscure character, like Skids!" on Twitter. Like I said, Seibertron is definitely one of the better places, but there was still hate comments up until about 2 years into Studio Serues when the haters realized it wasn't ending soon
Re: More Images Of Forthcoming Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag (2101808)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 14th, 2021 @ 11:11pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:And speaking of Megatron, would they DARE make a SS86 Megatron that transform into a Walter P-38? :-?
Not without facing some serious legal ramifications any recall the figure. ;)

Or if they made it a Core class toy with an orange barrel. :P

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Shattered Glass Combiner Wars Ratchet BotCon 2016 repro stickers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom Cyclonus - War for Cybertron Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Class Grimlock Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander ULTRA MAGNUS UK STOCK NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Star Hammer Wheel Jack Cyberverse UK Stock NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Limited DOUBLE PUNCH / Botcon Japan 98 Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2008 Transformers Attendee Exclusive Shattered Glass Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Spinister" on EBAY