More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage

More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage

Monday, May 24th, 2010 1:03pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 56,577

Half of the fandom hates him and wants to see him dead. We've been teased with the possibilities of a toy for eighteen months or more. At BotCon 2009, we found out the figure was green lit. At ToyFair this year, we saw a nearly finished version of his toy. Now, courtesy of TFW2005's Red Leader, we see more of Generations Drift's toy manifestation. In particular, we finally see detailed images of the weapons storage in robot mode and the range of his posability.

You can see the entire thread at TFW2005 here.

Was this the tipping point to make you decide to buy Drift? If so, then head on over to site sponsor BigBadToyStore.com, where you can preorder him individually, in a set containing all of Generations Wave 1, or browse all of the upcoming Generations figures.

Credit(s): goshjosh95, Red Leader @ TFW2005

This article was last modified on Monday, May 24th, 2010 1:04pm CDT

Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078148)
Posted by Blurrz on May 24th, 2010 @ 1:04pm CDT
I feel that this figure is pretty ballin'. Like slaying the dragon ballin'.
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078155)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on May 24th, 2010 @ 1:19pm CDT
Honestly, the figure itself seems pretty good, and you can't really complain about more ninja-bots. Heck, at this rate, you'll be able to build an entire dojo of ninja warriors, from Animated's Prowl, Jazz, and Arcee, to Movieverse Wreckage & Bludgeon, to this guy...

Say what you will about his personality or character, it's a pretty nifty toy, based on these shots. Of course, a true in-hand review might reveal that "the clips that hold the two halves of the hood aren't really strong enough, and the sword feels incredible fragile, and his head sticks out in car mode so much that he can't roll freely, and..."
(baseless claims, mind you - I have no evidence to support any of that)
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078157)
Posted by Talous on May 24th, 2010 @ 1:30pm CDT
I'm sold on this guy.. my wallet weeps..
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078161)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on May 24th, 2010 @ 1:49pm CDT
Total win
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078168)
Posted by 8 bit on May 24th, 2010 @ 2:05pm CDT
I never read AHM, but this guy looks awesome!
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078169)
Posted by Zeds on May 24th, 2010 @ 2:07pm CDT
Nice figure and all but I just can't get past the lack of colour.
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078181)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on May 24th, 2010 @ 2:33pm CDT
woow...is that a sword, or are you just happy to see me! :shock: :grin: :x
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078189)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on May 24th, 2010 @ 2:55pm CDT
Looks absolutely fantastic.

I think I'm not alone in being even more excited at seeing the Blurr repaint though...
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078198)
Posted by LiKwid on May 24th, 2010 @ 3:22pm CDT
The cybertronian on his sword sold me..That's a nice little bit of detail for a Hasbro figure.
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078200)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on May 24th, 2010 @ 3:34pm CDT
Looks good. I've got a real problem with TFs that can't store their weapons in both modes. This one looks to come thru on that. In robot mode I'd prob. want to keep the sword a little hiked up along his back so it doesn't interfere w/ his legs, or stick out in the front view like a... you know, I mean look at the pic.

I love the two-handed grip, I hope he can keep them together like that all the way up and down.
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078214)
Posted by Naked Magnus on May 24th, 2010 @ 4:31pm CDT
I did not realize there was so much fan hatred against this character. How come? I only recently finished the All Hail Megatron series and the character did not leave a strong positive or negative impression on me. He's alright. Figure looks cool.
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078216)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on May 24th, 2010 @ 4:37pm CDT
I hope his swords aren't that crappy droopy rubber stuff, but they probably will be.
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078244)
Posted by Prime Riblet on May 24th, 2010 @ 5:50pm CDT
As stated above, there is a definite lack of color. I guarantee Hasbro will do some amazing repaint of this right after I buy it. I know they will......so, I guess I will own two.
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078278)
Posted by hinomars19 on May 24th, 2010 @ 7:03pm CDT

Though, like most, i think the figure is really cool. but his deco could be more subtle...
He looks like one of those annoying people who think it's cool to have random Kanji tattos.
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078288)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 24th, 2010 @ 7:18pm CDT
Bot bought bought bought.
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078364)
Posted by Emperor Galvatron on May 25th, 2010 @ 12:05am CDT
I'm OK with this. I mean, it's not like they could have spent the time and white plastic making a Generations G1 Jazz or Wheeljack...

Oh :BANG_HEAD:

P.S. It does look like a cool figure though.
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078367)
Posted by Pyrostrata on May 25th, 2010 @ 12:17am CDT
It shall be mine! :x
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078371)
Posted by Valandar on May 25th, 2010 @ 12:46am CDT
hinomars19 wrote:does half the fandom hate him because he is one giant cliche, right down to the 'land of the rising sun' deco? I may be with them if that is the case...

Mostly because he's a HUGE Marty Stu, AND a walking cliche.
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078375)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 25th, 2010 @ 1:35am CDT
Valandar wrote:

Mostly because he's a HUGE Marty Stu, AND a walking cliche.

And the way he was and still is marketed towards us.

All that combined turned me from supporting him to hating him.

I'll wait for the Blurr repaint and the inevitable black repaint as the current deco looks bad.
Re: More Images of Generations Drift - Weapons Storage (1078402)
Posted by DevastaTTor on May 25th, 2010 @ 4:31am CDT
Got to admit, this guy's growing on me in bot mode. Seems pretty stable and the weapon's storage is a great touch. But I HATE the graphics in his alt mode so will probably pass.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers RBT Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer Playset" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 ALPHA TRION Super 7 ReAction Action Figure Vintage MOC - NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Mighty Muggs Megatron + Destro Loose Transformers GI Joe" on EBAY