More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor

Transformers News: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor

Thursday, January 13th, 2011 7:37AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 52,662

HK-TF.com member Mike has posted some new images of the upcoming Hasbro release Reveal the Shield, deluxe Perceptor. The new photos give us an even closer look at both the half-track truck and robot modes and highlight all the nice details of the figure including his G1-accurate, chrome accents on his knobs and chest plate. This figured has already been released in some Asian markets and will hopefully hit store shelves in the US in the next 4-6 weeks.

We've mirrored some of the images from the original post below. Click HERE to check out Mike's entire gallery on HK-TF.com.

Credit(s): HK-TF.com, Mike, Blurrz
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168827)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on January 13th, 2011 @ 8:01am CST
Can't wait for him to hit the shelves!
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168829)
Posted by Dread_Wing on January 13th, 2011 @ 8:05am CST
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168830)
Posted by El Duque on January 13th, 2011 @ 8:18am CST
So what did the license plate mean? Isn't that the date Perceptor first appeared in TFA or something like that?
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168831)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 13th, 2011 @ 8:28am CST
Wow, this is a great picture:

Definitely looking forward to Perceptor. I do wish they'd show the United version so we can compare, but I suppose I should get the Hasbro one anyway.
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168832)
Posted by whacko on January 13th, 2011 @ 8:28am CST
Dread_Wing wrote:Damn, Perceptor looks very... Pink. At last preview the United version was red right? But without the chrome. :-? Maybe a United/Reveal the shield frankenstein is called for, though I do not like the prospect of removing the pin from the chest panel.

Don't read too much into the color in the photos. Ambient light, the type of light, flash as well as the calibration of your monitor can widely distort the colors of any item in an on-screen photograph. I doubt these photos have been color corrected and I am pretty sure that Perceptor is a nice bright red.
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168843)
Posted by Rated X on January 13th, 2011 @ 9:10am CST
Looks great. I ope the missle can be pulled inside the cannon to resemble a scope and make it more G1 accurate. Also looking real carefully to see if the mold would make a good reflector. If they get rid of the scope and knobs, they might be able to pull it off. But if they leave them and go for a straight repaint, it will be crap. I hopr they get it right.
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168845)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 13th, 2011 @ 9:20am CST
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168847)
Posted by Down_Shift on January 13th, 2011 @ 9:25am CST
Mine's in the mail! Can't wait to get him and his wave mates.

Does anyone know what his license plate means? I'm totally blanking out on this.

Also for that matter, have we seen his instructions yet? "Reveal" any new head sctulpts and remould to the body?
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168852)
Posted by El Duque on January 13th, 2011 @ 9:35am CST
I seem to recall it being the date Perceptor first appeared on TFA, not sure though.
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168874)
Posted by It Is Him on January 13th, 2011 @ 10:44am CST
Counterpunch wrote:The United figure is going to be a lot better unfortunately. If it doesn't have the chrome that this one has, I forsee doing some part swapping.

I'm already sold on the Hasbro one. That chrome hits the sweet spot. I'd be surprised if there was anything on the United Perceptor to make me change my mind.
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168875)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 13th, 2011 @ 10:47am CST
It Is Him wrote:

We've already seen that the United one has a complete paint deco on the vehicle mode, including the sliver striping on the sides. It also appears to use a less muted "red" plastic in favor of a more vibrant deep red in the same way that Universe Ironhide and Henkei Ironhide differ.
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168879)
Posted by Stockade on January 13th, 2011 @ 10:54am CST
Counterpunch wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

Hey CP will the United version have the chrome chest plate? or be painted silver? just curious. leaning more toward the United version, especially after you seen the differences in IronHides as you mentioned and another great example is Infernos as well.
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168880)
Posted by It Is Him on January 13th, 2011 @ 11:02am CST
Counterpunch wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

Ah, that does sound nice. Do you mean this one below? Originally I assumed that toy might have been the Hasbro version. Cause either way, I personally prefer the one with chrome.

And you know what, unrelated, I'm still hoping for a redo on Universe Ironhide. That guy just didn't get a fair shake.
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168901)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 13th, 2011 @ 11:39am CST
Yep, definitely going to have to get this one. Near as I can tell his color is pretty close to his G1 namesake and I'm liking the chrome. I know most folks are leaning towards the United version but I really didn't care for that one. Colors are just...off. I like what they did for his alt. mode. Very creative divergence from the microscope but keeping the chrome 'scope dials on his arms when they serve no purpose in either of his modes was just a little too cheesy and seems kinda forced just for the sake of paying homage.
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168906)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 13th, 2011 @ 11:53am CST
Stockade wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

It Is Him wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
It Is Him wrote:

Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1168967)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 13th, 2011 @ 2:54pm CST
I don't think that pic that you guys posted is of United Perceptor; The paint aps i've seen on the thighs are missing, so I think thats just a pre-sale, early pic of perceptor.
I can't wait to get him, and attempt to find a microscope, or atleast a cybertronian analysis mode.
:CON:
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1169005)
Posted by Alphazeta01 on January 13th, 2011 @ 4:30pm CST
These New toys of Generation 1 characters from Hasbro is really AWESOME!! And its selling like hotcakes here in the Philippines!!

I still have some wishlist though:

1)BLITZWING!!! (triple changer and a voyager class)
2)ARCEE!!! (I hope the rumor is true and I HOPE SHE's IN A SUPER SEXY CAR MODE)
3) SHOCKWAVE!!
4) SPRINGER!!
5) ELITA 1! (if she be repaint of Arcee its fine, atleast make her head the Elita-1 we know, and a little tweak on spoilers or something)
4) Swoop, Slag, Snarl, and Sludge (deluxe)

THANKS HASBRO FOR MAKING NEW TOYS FOR OLD SCHOOL TRANSFORMERS CHARACTERS!! THEY LOOK AWESOME!!
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1169039)
Posted by Stormrider on January 13th, 2011 @ 6:07pm CST

I have the Japanese TF Generations book and it shows United Perceptor with chrome plus nice trim paint. The United version makes the Generations Perceptor look very bland.
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1169052)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on January 13th, 2011 @ 7:06pm CST
United or not, this figure is a must-own for me. I love the fresh take on the alt-mode while still keeping his bot mode almost G1. The chrome is definitely a nice touch as well as the opening chest panel. My only complaint is the lack of a hand weapon which I'm sure I can find elsewhere.

Btw CounterPunch, I'm digging that Yotsuba sig ;)
Re: More Images of Hasbro's Deluxe, Reveal the Shield Perceptor (1169272)
Posted by Vicalliose on January 14th, 2011 @ 1:47pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:I think that pic is of the United version and that the white/gray/silver parts are just the un-chromed plastic. I doubt very much that Takara would pass on an opportunity for chrome.

Actually I don't think they are, crazy as it sounds. I haven't seen any recent Takara toys with chrome at all, aside the small application to Grapples hook.

Here's an actual pic of the united version. It just looks like white paint to me, though I will admit the red is way better on it.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS: RESCUE BOTS: MEET BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT By Annie Auerbach Mint" on EBAY
Buy "1985 Hasbro Licensing Newsletter Featuring G.I. Joe, Transformers, Wuzzles, Jem" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Arctic Boulder" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Playskool Heroes Super Talon Copter Falcon Transformers Griffin Rock Drake" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Colors ReIssue Takara D-62S Galvatron eHobby Scramble City MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Shatter Figure Energon Igniters Power Plus Bumblebee Movie 2018 MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG Wave 2 RT T01 Acid Storm RARE Character Card NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Topper Shatter Transformers:Bumblebee Model Movie 2018 Cinemas Theatres" on EBAY