More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow

More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow

Friday, September 3rd, 2010 5:02pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 57,650

If you just can't get enough of Hunt for the Decepticons Highbrow, we've got a solution to your problem. HK-TF.com member L-U has posted an in-depth gallery of the upcoming Voyager Wave 3 release. Modeled after the Lockheed P-38 Lightning, a WW2 fighter plane, Highbrow's got twin propellers, much like his Generation One Counterpart! Talk about homaging! We've got some images mirrored below, while the rest can be seen over at HK-TF.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers toy news on the net!

Credit(s): HK-TF.com

Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121112)
Posted by Overcracker on September 3rd, 2010 @ 5:24pm CDT
If you want to talk Homages, Highbrow is a perfect update to Gobot Bolt

He looks very cool, in plane mode, my only gripe are those fists angled strangely. But I'm definitely going to try and find him when he's out.
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121114)
Posted by Blurrz on September 3rd, 2010 @ 5:27pm CDT
Nice find Overcracker! Kind of wish his name was Bolt instead of Highbrow..
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121120)
Posted by Overcracker on September 3rd, 2010 @ 5:39pm CDT
Thanks, he's gonna be Bolt to me. Now we need a Bentwing homage to go with him.
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121121)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on September 3rd, 2010 @ 5:41pm CDT
IF I get him...that face must go....
His vehicle mode looks great though.
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121175)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on September 3rd, 2010 @ 8:55pm CDT
zenosaurus_x wrote:IF I get him...that face must go....
His vehicle mode looks great though.

:lol: I love that face; more particularly the goggles/mask though....

Looks like a great figure to me. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for him.
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121183)
Posted by Prime Riblet on September 3rd, 2010 @ 9:28pm CDT
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121184)
Posted by Sky-Quake on September 3rd, 2010 @ 9:35pm CDT
I don't know why but for some reason he reminds me of Beastwars Transmetal 2 Cybershark I'm definately picking this autobot up the arm's look a bit weird but I can look past that I also want him because of his gatling gun accessories nothings more awesome then automatic firearms well except giant robots fighting eachother
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121226)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on September 3rd, 2010 @ 11:55pm CDT
NatsumeRyu wrote:
zenosaurus_x wrote:IF I get him...that face must go....
His vehicle mode looks great though.

:lol: I love that face; more particularly the goggles/mask though....

Looks like a great figure to me. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for him.

Well, it's mostly that this is a movie figure but has no movie styled face. If it weren't meant to be movie then I wouldn't have a problem with it. I know they're trying to go for a mixed look, but they did great on TerraDive, why not this guy I wonder?
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121233)
Posted by freaky777 on September 4th, 2010 @ 12:19am CDT
Defitnely getting this guy.. my 1st HFTD Voyager at last!
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121285)
Posted by Ironhide516 on September 4th, 2010 @ 5:59am CDT
Prime Riblet wrote:We saw some images a few weeks ago, and the bot mode did nothing for me at that point. It must have been the lighting or the angles or something, because I am seriously digging this figure now.

I was thinking that too. I don't even really mind the awkward fists so much now.
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121288)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on September 4th, 2010 @ 6:22am CDT
Looks more like a plane from Crimson Skies :D
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121358)
Posted by I AM MEGATRON on September 4th, 2010 @ 10:53am CDT
When's this guy coming out?
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121364)
Posted by Blurrz on September 4th, 2010 @ 11:07am CDT
I AM MEGATRON wrote:When's this guy coming out?

Supposedly this month.
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121365)
Posted by Flux Convoy on September 4th, 2010 @ 11:12am CDT
I like the head sculpt and goggles. Not so keen on the color scheme though. Really curious to see what he's repainted into.
:BOT:
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121385)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on September 4th, 2010 @ 12:13pm CDT
I really like his alt mode, and his head sculpt has grown on me after watching Peaugh's review and looking at these pics. My only gripe is the way his arms are in robot mode. But I can live with their design. I'll definitely try to pick him up when I see him.
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1121684)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on September 5th, 2010 @ 11:56am CDT
I wish it looked more like a real P-38 Lightning, but it's pretty cool, I'll get one, maybe 2, esp. if there are repaints.
Re: More Images of HFTD Voyager Highbrow (1122963)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 9th, 2010 @ 9:14am CDT
Blurrz wrote:Nice find Overcracker! Kind of wish his name was Bolt instead of Highbrow..

I've been pimping out the homage too. ;)

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots - Heatwave the Fire-Bot Boat" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Deluxe Transformers The Last Knight Superhero Mens Costume XL" on EBAY