More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain

More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain

Sunday, March 21st, 2021 4:14pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 39,482

We had already seen images of the bot mode but we had yet to see the alt mode and the matrix chain he was supposed to come with. Well, some new images from Instagram give us exactly that. We can see the alt mode where the cannon can have the extra extension or not. We also see him wearing the matrix. There is also a close up on his face. Also, we see the shoulder pylons transformed properly. So this is our best look yet at what we are getting. Let us know what you think.

Transformers News: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron INcluding Alt Mode and Matrix Chain

Credit(s): seasalt99 on Instagram

Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098872)
Posted by DeathReviews on March 21st, 2021 @ 4:33pm CDT
I admit, I never much cared for Galvatron as a 'character' in the series. He was portrayed as a whiney-voiced incompetent who couldn't accomplish much by reason of insanity. And he sounded like Dyno-mutt.

But I had the G1 Galvatron figure way back when. It always bugged me that the toy bore only passing resemblance to the animation model (like almost ALL the movie line figures of that time). I was disappointed in the end with Titans Return Galvatron as well, mostly because of that horrible flip-up face mask.

But this one? It seems of interest. Though it looks like there's no way for them to make the support struts in the cannon mode as thin and spindly as they were in the cartoon.
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098873)
Posted by Tyrannacon on March 21st, 2021 @ 4:46pm CDT
As much as I prefer Megatron to Galvatron this new Galvatron is pretty and I look forward to having him. This figure does make me feel like the scene in TFTM when he first shows up and disintegrates Starscream though and Rumble asks "What'd he say his name was?" and everybody starts cheering Galvatron. I like that it does invoke this feeling for me so it is definitely a day 1 purchase or even a pre-order as soon as I can manage it.
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098874)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 21st, 2021 @ 4:48pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:I admit, I never much cared for Galvatron as a 'character' in the series. He was portrayed as a whiney-voiced incompetent who couldn't accomplish much by reason of insanity.
The G1 comics portrayed him much more effectively, and his colors were better as well IMO. So if the Selects version is really true, that's the 1 I'll be getting.
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098876)
Posted by o.supreme on March 21st, 2021 @ 4:55pm CDT

Also darn those new MOTU figures for giving me major nostalgia feels. :(
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098879)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on March 21st, 2021 @ 5:47pm CDT
Can't wait to have this guy...
Yeah, a few things could've been better imo;
bulky chest almost seems unnecessary-- doesn't look like that affects the canon mode.
sculpt issues-- shoulders may be a bit low, and I still don't like the "ab" section being so square... It should've been taller and narrower, or after watching the movie a couple nights ago, shorter (but still a rectangle, not a square).
battle damage paint apps-- totally unnecessary, and doesn't add anything, seems to do the opposite.
color-- maybe just my preference, but he should've been Blue-Violet, not Violet. But in a couple of these more recent shots, it's maybe better than I initially thought.

For me the long list of positives far outweigh any of these items that for me are relatively small nit-picks...
Just my opinion, but if people are completely unhappy with this version, then they wouldn't have been happy with any version that wasn't based specifically on a single incarnation such as a comic book appearance, or in other words, their own ideal (which at the same time would mean limited mass-appeal).
TR was roughly what, 5 years ago? And yeah, some are happy with that Galvatron... But a lot will agree that he was at least somewhat compromised by that gimmick...
Seems to me that another G1 version of this guy (or any recent G1 character) that is solely based on G1 appearance won't happen for a long while after this. Which makes sense.
I have no doubt it could be another 3-4 years minimum... And I wouldn't doubt for a second if that future release is tied to some gimmick that's much more intrusive than battle damage paint apps.

My thought/advice for anyone on the fence... Go for it. May seem a bit much considering the Leader Class price, but consider the aftermarket price once he's difficult/impossible to get from a regular retail/online offer.
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098883)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on March 21st, 2021 @ 6:25pm CDT
Kingdom Galvatron.... Bought on Sight
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098884)
Posted by NeonPrime on March 21st, 2021 @ 6:37pm CDT
The battle damage still SUCKS! But, Galvatron always was and always will be my favorite 'Con so this is a definite pick up as well as the rumored Selects repaint. Hopefully, Open and Play or another third party will clean him up and do a Masterpiece-sized version as they did with the Titans Return figure.
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098888)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 21st, 2021 @ 8:59pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:I honestly think that the idea to use the thighs as the torso bulk was revolutionary, I can't recommend this figure enough ;)^

Agreed, plus it also gives us Centauraptor mode, my favorite new bit of stupidity.

20210321_135732.jpg
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098892)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 21st, 2021 @ 10:10pm CDT
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098893)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 21st, 2021 @ 10:12pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I thought there might be a Netflix version of Dinobot coming which might be more accurate, like Cheetor is.
There isn't.
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098895)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 21st, 2021 @ 10:15pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:To those of you who acquired Dinobot already, do you like him? Is he show-accurate deco-wise? I'm asking because I stopped at Wal-Mart tonight and there were 8 Dinobots on the shelf, but I took Inferno, because I thought there might be a Netflix version of Dinobot coming which might be more accurate, like Cheetor is. But he looked pretty good through the box so I'm not sure.

dinobot rocks, I find him show accurate enough, I think prime vs prime compared the colors with mp and it just came down to a couple small things like his thigh joints. his deco is pretty top tier
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098896)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 21st, 2021 @ 10:16pm CDT
There isn't.
It's been officially nixed by Hasbro?
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098897)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 21st, 2021 @ 10:18pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Alright, I might have to pick him up next time then. Like I said, his robot mode looked pretty good through the box, especially his face.
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098898)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 21st, 2021 @ 10:19pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
There isn't.
It's been officially nixed by Hasbro?
There wasn't one to begin with. Netflix Wave 3's Voyagers are Optimus Primal and the Sparkless Seeker.
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098899)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 21st, 2021 @ 10:20pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

His face sculpt is perfection :BOWDOWN:
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098900)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 21st, 2021 @ 10:22pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
There isn't.
It's been officially nixed by Hasbro?

There's a redeco of Dinobot as BW Grimlock coming up, in a 2-pack IIRC. I can't keep track of anything anymore 8-}
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098901)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 21st, 2021 @ 10:31pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
There isn't.
It's been officially nixed by Hasbro?

Not in the Netflix line, at least. That's either a Selects or some other exclusive.
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098902)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 21st, 2021 @ 10:35pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
There isn't.
It's been officially nixed by Hasbro?

I said Netflix but I was really curious about getting another version of Dinobot in any line. But if Hasbro hadn't even mentioned it I guess were not getting one.
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098903)
Posted by Lore Keeper on March 21st, 2021 @ 10:41pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:I gues you could say I technically had my first wave 2 sighting today, but nothing new. One Target store had 3 Arcee's, another had 2. I guess we know who the shelf warmer of this wave will be ;) . Oh well, I hadn't been in a Target in so long, seems like some of the BB stuff is starting to move, hopefully they don't restock it. Filling out there SS and Generations pegs for once would be nice. Also I'm fully decided. I know I have a good deal on Amazon, but if I do happen to see them in person first, I'm just going to get them and cancel my amazon pre-order.

Also darn those new MOTU figures for giving me major nostalgia feels. :(

You'd think, with how poorly Arcee was received in Earthrise, they wouldn't want to release her again so soon. Wheeljack is another odd choice. There are tons of him clogging shelves at Walmarts, though they probably didn't know that would happen when the Kingdom waves were set up.
Re: More Images of Kingdom Leader Galvatron Including Alt Mode and Matrix Chain (2098904)
Posted by Emerje on March 21st, 2021 @ 11:59pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
There isn't.
It's been officially nixed by Hasbro?

So far Grimlock (in a 2-pack with Earth mode Sideswipe as an Amazon exclusive) is the only repaint that's been mentioned.

Is there even plans for a fourth Netflix line? 3 seasons, 3 waves, it feels pretty complete now.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW-IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Berserker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Generations Thrilling 30 Trailcutter Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Machines Lot of 3 New in Boxes "Rattrap, Tankor and Cheetor"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Walmart Wave 3 Deep Cover -In Hand 3-3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Walmart Wave 3 Deep Cover -In Hand 2-3" on EBAY