More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy

More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy

Friday, November 21st, 2008 8:53am CST

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 21,311

Scans of the newest issue of Hobby Japan have surfaced. In these scans we see the first size comparison of Alternity Convoy with other Optimus Prime toys. We also get to see a concept image of Alternity Megatron. But most will be interested in The Master Piece Grimlock size comparison with G1 Grimlock!
Just click here to see the images on tfw2005.
Or scroll down.
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}
{L_IMAGE}

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): tfw2005

Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837544)
Posted by Tekka on November 21st, 2008 @ 8:58am CST
Nice shot there with the underside of his chin. Very stoic. Image
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837551)
Posted by Trikeboy on November 21st, 2008 @ 9:27am CST
Judging by the pic with G1 Grimlock, it looks like he will be about the same height as Masterpiece Optimus Prime when in Dinobot mode. That will mean his robot mode will indead be very large, possibly larger than the full height of Megatron.
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837555)
Posted by DevastaTTor on November 21st, 2008 @ 9:47am CST
OK, my on again, off again want for this MP is back on again. Guess I'll stick with my preorder, especially with scale a little more clearly defined. Now, bring on the color photos for final judgement.
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837567)
Posted by Solrac333 on November 21st, 2008 @ 10:27am CST
I want everything in this thread! :grin:
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837578)
Posted by The Chronic on November 21st, 2008 @ 10:46am CST
If I could only have one transformer ever I'm faily certain that MP Grimlock would be it, can't wait for a painted pic
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837579)
Posted by Rocketeer on November 21st, 2008 @ 10:49am CST
One word:
Giggity.

For those who aren't fans of Family Guy, two words:
Hell yeah!

If this figure is even half as awesome as he looks, we're in for a treat. :mrgreen:
Any reccomendations as to the best place to pre-order him?
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837582)
Posted by Overcracker on November 21st, 2008 @ 10:56am CST
Ooh Grimlokc is looking very nice. I hope i can muster up the money for it soon. He's really looking very nice.

But Alternity Convoy is very, very, very small.
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837594)
Posted by Prime Evil on November 21st, 2008 @ 11:12am CST
Overcracker wrote:But Alternity Convoy is very, very, very small.

He's pretty much the size he was mentioned he'd be. There were old comparison shots to him and delux movie BB. Is he a fair toy for his price range though...I'm not to sure about it, but I'm getting him anyway. He won't be Prime to me, just a new character.
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837598)
Posted by [JRX] on November 21st, 2008 @ 11:20am CST

The detailing visible in this pic is petty impressive... all the little panel lines and rivets/bolts/whatevers. Very nice stuff!
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837604)
Posted by the_dark_decepticon on November 21st, 2008 @ 11:27am CST
Rocketeer wrote:One word:
Giggity.

For those who aren't fans of Family Guy, two words:
Hell yeah!

Any reccomendations as to the best place to pre-order him?

Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837617)
Posted by Firebird on November 21st, 2008 @ 12:02pm CST
omega666 wrote:I want everything in this thread! :grin:

that makes two of us!

I really like the head on alternity Megatron, looks angry.
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837628)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 21st, 2008 @ 12:29pm CST
[JRX] wrote:Sorry to piss on everyone's parade, but I still get the feeling that MP Grimmy looks like an over-sized version of his G1 ancestor ...of course he's still on pre-order. :oops:

If Takara goes the same route with Grimlock they went with Starscream I'm gonna hunt you down and do nasty things to you!
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837634)
Posted by Overcracker on November 21st, 2008 @ 12:45pm CST

And that is bad why?

The fact that he looks like his G1 counterpart, but with extra detailing and articulation, is what makes it specially attractive.
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837635)
Posted by Sledge on November 21st, 2008 @ 12:47pm CST
That concept is why I loved MP Prime, and have yet to convince myself to buy MP Megatron or the Seekers. Yes, new versions of old characters rock. I love me some Classics, Alternators, etc. But for Masterpiece, I want that totally G1 cartoon accurate look that I've lusted after for twenty five years.

My interest in Grimlock is rising.
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837646)
Posted by Dread_Wing on November 21st, 2008 @ 1:29pm CST
It looks awesome, I hope the US dollar goes down a bit before it comes out, as it is Grimlock will cost the same as my Predaking. I hope the high price mark compared to earlier Masterpieces is related to Takara getting it made in a different factory. It would suck royally to have to wrestle with QC problems on an imported Masterpiece. - Did anyone ever get a response to complaints about Masterpiece Megatron?
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837652)
Posted by Rocketeer on November 21st, 2008 @ 1:46pm CST
the_dark_decepticon wrote:I had a pre-order with BBTS but TFSource is a few bucks cheaper, so I canceled the one and pre-ordered with TFSource.

Thanks for the tip, TDD.
I'll keep that in mind.

I would pre-order MP Grimlock this very minute, except for two things.
First off, I ain't got the money available. Lol...
Seconldy, I'm kind of hoping that there will be a US release of this figure.

Didn't we hear for so very long about how there would never be an MP Grimlock because he was more popular in the US than in Japan?
So why would Has/Tak/To finally create this figure if they don't intend to release him officially in the US?
Or am I just deluding myself?
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837682)
Posted by TankedThomas on November 21st, 2008 @ 2:15pm CST
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837822)
Posted by Stormrider on November 21st, 2008 @ 6:43pm CST
tomy1381 wrote:I am so glad I preordered MP-08 Grimlock. He rocks. As for the Alternity range, I'm not fussed. They look nice and I may eventually get just a red Prime and silver or blue Megatron but really, they're far too small for the price. I don't know why they switched from 1:24 to 1:36 and kept them the same price. If you ask me, it's a rip off. I'll wait until late next year or 2010 and they might have them on clearance or something.

I agree. The Alternity are too expensive for the size.

MP Grimlock looks better with each picture. I do like the details like the rivets and angular jaw hinge.

Two things I question: The gun - we haven't seen it yet. I really hope Takara doesn't skimp on the gun because it is more important than a tray of glasses. The other thing I wonder - can his right arm bend? In every picture that we have seen so far it has been straight. I imagine that the right arm will have the battery in it.
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (837883)
Posted by Geekee1 on November 21st, 2008 @ 8:29pm CST
Stormrider wrote:The other thing I wonder - can his right arm bend? In every picture that we have seen so far it has been straight. I imagine that the right arm will have the battery in it.

I see no reason why it wouldn't bend. You can clearly see that he has the same hinges on both his left and right legs/arms in dino mode.
Re: More images of MP Grimlock; Alternity Megatron and Convoy (838657)
Posted by G1 Blaster on November 23rd, 2008 @ 6:18am CST
Ok, I've been gone too long. What the hell is 'Alternity'?

And MP Grimlock, will he be state side? I don't want to order him from Japan just to have Customs destroy him thinking he's some sort of dinosaur terrorist bomb.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Earthrise War For Cybertron Trilogy Bombshock And Growl New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok Triple Changer & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue bots Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Lot of 2 Flip Racers Bumblebee & Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Racing Trailer Optimus Prime missing trailer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Heroes Epic Rescue Bots Action Figure Large 2013 22"" on EBAY