More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos

More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos

Friday, February 12th, 2021 11:44am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 40,768

We have seen these two figures for a while now and yet we never got a shot of the purple Paleotrex' alt mode. But now we do, thanks to images from Tonezone on instagram. This purple redeco of Paleotres is supposed to come in the spoiler pack for the third wave of Netflix Transformers figures and the robot head can be used as a purple energon mace of sorts as an homage to Megatron's classic weapon. We also see more shots of Barricade which is made in a deco to look like the zombie sparkless version we see in the War for Cybertron show. That also explains why it's the cybertronian mold they use rather than the earth one. The other deluxes in the same wave, that we have already seen, are Cheetor and a quintesson soldier Ironhide.

Transformers News: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos

Transformers News: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos

Transformers News: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos

Transformers News: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos

Credit(s): Tonezone

Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095353)
Posted by o.supreme on February 12th, 2021 @ 11:46am CST
I'm looking forward to Dead Barney ;) .
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095357)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 12th, 2021 @ 12:03pm CST
Seeing the mace-face playing peekaboo above the dino head in dino mode makes me wonder about the longevity of the spikes on the mace. The clearance for pushing the bot/mace head all the way into the dino head is already really tight on my copy of Paleotrex. The only way I can get it in is to sort of rotate slightly to one side and then the other as the spikes are just a little too big to push the head in straight on.
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095363)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 12th, 2021 @ 12:42pm CST
Dammit, that purple Paleo looks good
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095369)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 12th, 2021 @ 1:12pm CST
Neat "knight helmet" deco on that Paleotrex's forehead.
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095372)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 12th, 2021 @ 2:02pm CST
I love the zombie pose they got going on for dead Barricade
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095374)
Posted by Emerje on February 12th, 2021 @ 2:49pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Neat "knight helmet" deco on that Paleotrex's forehead.

Just to clarify for anyone reading this, it really is just the deco, the sculpt is the same as the original. It was an interesting choice to paint that bit up.

Emerje
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095376)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on February 12th, 2021 @ 3:17pm CST
I really want to like these Fossilizers, I do.

But the robot modes are just so meh (I think that's the technical term)

They are just too weird for me. I almost get a Beast Wars Neo vibe from them, but taken in a strange, new, horrifying direction.
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095377)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 12th, 2021 @ 3:22pm CST
MeGrimlock78 wrote:I almost get a Beast Wars Neo vibe from them, but taken in a strange, new, horrifying direction.
How? The Beast Wars Neo molds were defined by large amount of beast mode kibble shell pieces just hanging off the robot modes. The Fossilizers make use of all of their beast mode parts just to make humanoid parts for their robot modes.
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095378)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 12th, 2021 @ 3:22pm CST
MeGrimlock78 wrote:I really want to like these Fossilizers, I do.

But the robot modes are just so meh (I think that's the technical term)

Well you could choose to display them as armour pieces on other figures;)
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095382)
Posted by o.supreme on February 12th, 2021 @ 3:47pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Of course, I'm not the OP. However, it did get me thinking in that, the original 3 deluxe fuzors, which became the Blendtrons in the BW Neo anime went from pretty cool toys that Hasbro developed, to amazingly awesome as envisioned by Takara. I could see the fossilizers as a new group of "Blendtrons" (although by definition not blended from anything, but you get the idea) sent by Unicron in the WFC continuity. THAT would be awesome!
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095388)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on February 12th, 2021 @ 4:20pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Maybe it's Paleotrex's feet (remind me of Triceradon's feet) or the weird faces on the Fossilizers.

I feel like the Fossilizers have robot parts jutting out of the beast parts, in a similar way to Neo toys.

BTW, the Neo toys were awesome for their strangeness, but I just can't quite get on board with Fossilizers.
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095389)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on February 12th, 2021 @ 4:23pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
MeGrimlock78 wrote:I really want to like these Fossilizers, I do.

But the robot modes are just so meh (I think that's the technical term)

Well you could choose to display them as armour pieces on other figures;)

Still waiting to see Volcanicus decked out in bone-armour. Even just the thought of making some BIG melee weapons out of the parts is tempting...
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095394)
Posted by blackeyedprime on February 12th, 2021 @ 6:16pm CST
I cant find the photo at the mo of 3x paleotrexs combined but the bot mode was really impressive, no doubt it will be the same for three purple ones...but Megatrons going to have to be something special (maybe Galvatron transformation sequence) to convince me to pick up the spoiler pack.

The mace works for Primal as his weapon could be used as one, but with out it being a flail its not even remotely a homeage to Megs weapon.
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095458)
Posted by transformers_va on February 13th, 2021 @ 5:40pm CST
A.jpg
B.jpg
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095467)
Posted by Changewinds on February 13th, 2021 @ 7:17pm CST
I love that there are so many possibilities with the fossilizers. The purple looks great and it would be fun to mix and match fossilizers like the Mr. Potato versions.
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095549)
Posted by william-james88 on February 14th, 2021 @ 8:14pm CST
I added more pics to the article above

Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095553)
Posted by Epsilon Delta on February 14th, 2021 @ 8:37pm CST
william-james88 wrote:I added more pics to the article above

No I don't need the fossilizers... Yes the fossilizers look awesome... No I don't need them... Yes I do... No... Yes... No... Yes...My heart can't take it HasTak, or my wallet
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095554)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 14th, 2021 @ 8:43pm CST
Okay, with that new knight face deco and blue robot eyes, I really want Paleotrex to join with Dinobot in his defecting to the Maximals. He looks too noble to stay a bad guy.
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095555)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on February 14th, 2021 @ 8:56pm CST
The way those fangs look like reminds me of samurai helmets. So cool
Re: More Images of Netflix Barricade and Paleotrex redecos (2095560)
Posted by o.supreme on February 14th, 2021 @ 9:57pm CST
I'm just impressed someone actually got the armor to work with Primal, that looks pretty cool. I really want this purple Paleotrex, but I hope the rumors of this coming with yet another Megatron (Spoiler Box) is not true. That would be what the 8th use of that mold? I really hope it comes with something else.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Fireburst Optimus Prime TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon Complete DOTM Voyager" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Quillfire Complete 1 One Step Changers RID 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Grimlock (Sealed) Deluxe Class" on EBAY
Buy "transformers the movie toys, bumblebee, starscream, jazz, ironhide, barricade" on EBAY
Buy "AD11 Dispensor | Transformers Age of Extinction Lost Age Figure Deluxe Movie" on EBAY
Buy "G2 Superion Boxed Set | Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Legends Shockwave | Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Hasbro Class" on EBAY