More Images of Premium Series Megatron

More Images of Premium Series Megatron

Thursday, January 24th, 2008 5:26pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 33,594

The previously reported auction for the Premium-Series Leader-Class Megatron has been updated with some new images of the packaging (front and back) as well as a closeup of the figure itself.

Interesting to note that despite the fact that initial reports had Megatron sporting a new head sculpt - this does not seem to be the case.

See the auction page by clicking here.

To see Seibertron.com's gallery of the original Leader-Class Megatron click here.

Credit(s): tfctoy

Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613523)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 24th, 2008 @ 5:29pm CST
Maybe someone with a sharper eye can tell me, but isn't that the same head?
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613533)
Posted by OptitronPrime on January 24th, 2008 @ 5:45pm CST
Liege Evilmus wrote:Maybe someone with a sharper eye can tell me, but isn't that the same head?

Yup. I just sold my old leader class to get this one. A new head ws one of the things I was exiceted about
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613536)
Posted by shankz on January 24th, 2008 @ 5:51pm CST
I still can't figure out where everyone thought this guy had a different head. I was able to tell from the very first photo it was the same.
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613542)
Posted by zemper on January 24th, 2008 @ 6:04pm CST

to quote Beast Wars Megatron in "Aftermath":

"New packaging, same head. Losers!" :P

:MAX:
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613549)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 24th, 2008 @ 6:12pm CST
By Grabthar's Hammer, What a ripoff. =\
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613557)
Posted by Wheelimus Prime on January 24th, 2008 @ 6:24pm CST
im sueing for false advertising on the head
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613560)
Posted by shankz on January 24th, 2008 @ 6:30pm CST
zemper wrote:same head, and looks like they maintained the gray plastic and didn't use metallics, unlike the preview pics where Megs was shiny like his voyager counterpart.

to quote Beast Wars Megatron in "Aftermath":

"New packaging, same head. Losers!" :P

:MAX:

I did a comparison with that new closer side shot of premium megs and my leader megs. It looks like that made all the shiny blue parts now silver. There are some other little differences too, but nothing major. Otherwise everything else is the same. Of course, you can't see the back or legs in that picture though.
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613565)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 24th, 2008 @ 6:40pm CST
It is a better paint job, but with the orgional still easy to find, this is a pass.

If they updated the figure, retooled some of the flaws, then maybe. Even if they did the new head, it'd still just be that, a maybe.
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613575)
Posted by Menbailee on January 24th, 2008 @ 7:00pm CST
For a while I was regretting having gotten the first one with the thought that a much superior one would come out soon at the same price. This one looks slightly better, since they left off the silly blue, but it's still not as good as an average custom. My Megs may see paint yet.
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613646)
Posted by Autobot Snake Eyes on January 24th, 2008 @ 8:30pm CST
Yeah I will be buying that.
if the price is resoanable at retail.
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613655)
Posted by Mechabreaker on January 24th, 2008 @ 8:37pm CST
Well, it looks exactly the same as the original leader class Megatron...I'm going to pass on this one.
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613703)
Posted by Omega Charge on January 24th, 2008 @ 9:55pm CST
I think this one is better than the original, and worth getting. But I'm probably passing because I already have the ice voyager version and am saving for Animated. I'll spend a lot then.
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613737)
Posted by Air Rage on January 24th, 2008 @ 10:45pm CST
i like this one a lot better than the original, and he's pretty good.
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613783)
Posted by Solrac333 on January 25th, 2008 @ 12:52am CST
I'll have to see this for myself. I would like a voyager with NO ice.
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613805)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 25th, 2008 @ 1:41am CST
That will be a must have, just cos I don't have a Megs jet.
But wow that new head is sooooooooooo awesome :roll:
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613837)
Posted by Rodr-Evil on January 25th, 2008 @ 3:45am CST
Thanks to the old gods, I skip the first one waiting for this. Cool.
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613865)
Posted by Bonger on January 25th, 2008 @ 5:09am CST
Satan's Camaro wrote:Yeah I will be buying that.
if the price is resoanable at retail.

Well, if ya reckon 40 USD is reasonable, then you're in luck. ;-)
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613867)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 25th, 2008 @ 5:17am CST
I seee it still has the same leg assembly flaws, so I assume the rest of the design flaw were kept too (i.e. the spring in the wrong arm).
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (613978)
Posted by Magnimus on January 25th, 2008 @ 8:32am CST
And they couldn't do this on the first time around because......?

I feel slightly cheated with my original movie Megatron, but I'm not going to buy this one. I made my choice.
Re: More Images of Premium Series Megatron (614106)
Posted by First Gen on January 25th, 2008 @ 11:30am CST
I refused to get the first one cuz of the horrible blue that was on it, this one, I may have to gt. Its nowhere near the beauty of the customs that Ive seen, but its better and it'll go well with my repainted Leader Prime.

Im probably gonna get the new Prime too, cuz HASBRO has a death grip on my wallet.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE LOT 2012 Starscream Ratchet Arcee - Weapons Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Primes Beachcomber Hot Rod Cyberverse Megatron Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures - Deluxe Class Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "NIB Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Repugnus Revenge Target Exclusive Figure" on EBAY