More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron

Monday, December 31st, 2018 12:39PM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,607

We are updating the article below with more images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Revenge of the Fallen Megatron from Robot Kingdom's Facebook page and Stanley Cheung on Facebook. These show the head in a close up as well as the darker plastic being used and the deco. We also see the back of the box which tells us that the backdrop will be the Egyptian temple where Prime battles both Megatron and the Fallen, leaving one with part of his head missing and the other without a face.

Knowing at least half a year's worth of the 2019 Studio Series offerings, there was one glaring unknown: SS 31. Well, now we know both what it is and why we had not heard of it before. SS 31 turns out to be none other than voyager Revenge of the Fallen (ROTF) Megartron with Battle Damage. That damage includes a new darker deco and a new head to reflect what he looked like at the end of ROTF. This was revealed on Hobbybase's Facebook page where it seems to be available in that particular store in Hong Kong.

The listing on Robot Kingdom tells us why we had not heard of it yet, it is an exclusive item. We do not know yet who in the US will be carrying this exclusive item, but judging at how easy every other Studio Series exclusive has been to order or obtain in the US, there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Credit(s): Robot Kingdom

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001840)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on December 31st, 2018 @ 1:54pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
transformnerd114 wrote:
Glarryg wrote:...that Scrapmetal isn't so "Bay-ish" that it wouldn't work as a custom figure in other settings, given a new head.

Glarryg

That's probably because he's an extensive remold of Combiner Wars Scavenger. I'm honestly surprised with how so few people recognize this, assuming you hadn't yet yourself.

Sorry if that sounded "snobish", I meant it as an observation, not a condescending remark.

Its not being mentionned now because everyone already did back when he was first revealed, and we have moved on since.

I didn’t notice until you pointed it out just now.
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001843)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on December 31st, 2018 @ 2:08pm CST

Also I still really want Scrapmetal, he looks so fun to just have around and pose.
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001847)
Posted by o.supreme on December 31st, 2018 @ 2:46pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:...and at last, the mystery is solved, and everything is right with the line again. I have no interest in this figure, but I am very glad to have all the numbers accounted for. Does that make me OCD (an Order-Controlled Decepticon)? I dunno.

I'm not even collecting these figures, and I'm glad the numbers all work now (even if it is a pretty low -hainging-fruit repaint) with a new head. Transformers and numbers-in-series has always been a BIG deal for me ;) .
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001848)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 31st, 2018 @ 2:47pm CST

As for that Scrapmetal, what class is he again? Voyager?
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001850)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 31st, 2018 @ 3:00pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I like it, it's different enough from the regular version for me, may have to get both :lol: Though, I wonder when they'll attempt another Fallen toy.

As for that Scrapmetal, what class is he again? Voyager?

Deluxe (argument against retool: different Class), along with Hightower. By contrast, Rampage and Long Haul are Voyagers.
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001863)
Posted by carytheone on December 31st, 2018 @ 4:44pm CST

I like his digitigrade legs and Muppet hands.

Know what else he vaguely resembles?

Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001886)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 31st, 2018 @ 6:51pm CST
Catching up on a few topics:

I would not mind if they made a Bumblebee movie Wheeljack. I have grown to really love that design. He's my favorite Cybertron mode of the movie bots, period.

I'm super excited for the voyagers, leaders, and WWII Bee. I'm saving an amazon card to help buy them once they arrive.

The combination with Jetfire and Prime looks pretty dang good. I'm happy with it and can't wait to get it beside the RotF version.

As for a wishlist, I'm glad you brought this up Densh. Here is mine before this line ends, besides what is already known to be coming (constructicons wise really since we are getting Devastator [squeals]) and in order of appearance:

-Movie 1 Megatron (the existing voyager was my first TF ever, I want an update to stand beside him)
-Skids + Mudflap in their RotF chevy bodies (I got the Ice Cream Truck and DotM versions, DotM skids isn't good at all)
-Dino
-car Soundwave
-Leadfoot
-Roadbuster (needs weaponized)
-Topspin, if necessary. The first is already awesome
-voyager Slug
-WWII Hot Rod
-Proper Infernocus (preferably leader sized)
-Onslaught
-Mohawk
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001937)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 31st, 2018 @ 11:19pm CST
I'll have to get that new Megatron and sell off the old one.
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001941)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on December 31st, 2018 @ 11:55pm CST
My Studio Series crew! (Minus Ironhide and Beetlebee, plus DOTM Crankcase (formerly TLK Berserker)

Figured I’d get a group shot to send off 2018!

7876CAF9-EB3E-4EC8-81CB-5A9644325ACB.jpeg
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001943)
Posted by william-james88 on January 1st, 2019 @ 12:13am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:I'll have to get that new Megatron and sell off the old one.

I did that with Optimus, thats why i always buy my figures as cheap as possible. So that i can then sell them as equally cheap if ever need be and not be stuck with a bunch of unwanted figures.
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001959)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 1st, 2019 @ 4:26am CST
this line is not going to be one I actively collect, i think. just a handful of figures that stand out to me
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001964)
Posted by Bucky on January 1st, 2019 @ 6:09am CST
Well I’m all in for this Battle Damage Megatron. I love that he’s actually painted, and not just plain grey plastic.

I’m so glad I just picked up some of the RotF Constructicons, because these SS ones are looking pretty lack luster so far, in terms of bot modes. I know they had to make some sacrifices to form a combiner. I’ll still be getting them though.
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001965)
Posted by Emerje on January 1st, 2019 @ 6:23am CST
carytheone wrote:Scrapmetal just seems to be re-using a lot of ideas and general concepts and improving on them. There can't be that many ways to turn an excavator into a robot?

That's what I see the most, especially because of the hands. Interesting how they're all combiners.

Emerje
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001973)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on January 1st, 2019 @ 8:58am CST
BBTS has listings up for Wave 2 leaders and Wave 4 deluxes and voyagers, all estimated for this month. Man I wish they'd wait a month to come out, I'm still recovering from the holidays.
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001979)
Posted by william-james88 on January 1st, 2019 @ 10:22am CST
We have some good news to share on this new year's day (Happy New Year by the way), with the names of all components of the upcoming Studio Series Devastator combiner revealed along with their release schedule. An image from the inner instructions of the first Constructicon releases show us everyone needed to make Devastator, each sold separately, and the year they are coming out.

Here is the breakdown:

2019 Releases
- Scrapmetal deluxe
- Hightower deluxe
- Longhaul voyager
- Rampage voyager

2020 Releases
- Mixmaster
- Scavenger
- Scrapper
- Overload

That Scrapper is intriguing since he seems to take on the entire arm instead of half like Scrap Metal, meaning it would be a different toy. We do not have confirmation for the size classes of the Consttucticons coming out in 2020. What do you make of all this? Let us know!

Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001984)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 1st, 2019 @ 10:39am CST
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001993)
Posted by Agent 53 on January 1st, 2019 @ 10:50am CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:Man, spaced out over the course of two years, that sucks big time, but I guess this confirms that they have plans to keep the series alive for at least this and next year; would also explain why the prototype they showed off only had som of the limbs finished, but man, that still sucks :BANG_HEAD:

I disagree. I cannot speak for everyone but money isn't necessarily tight but it doesn't flow like a tap, so splitting the 8 figures up over 2 years spaces it out and allows smaller purchases across time that spending about 200 quid at once. particularly if I'm right and Scavanger is a leader class figure.
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001995)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 1st, 2019 @ 10:54am CST
Agent 53 wrote:

I mean, they could have done it in the span of a year, 8 figures across 3 size classes, shouldn't have been difficult;
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001996)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 1st, 2019 @ 10:56am CST
So, are the wrecking balls included? :-P
Re: More Images of Studio Series SS 31 Battle Damaged Megatron (2001999)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 1st, 2019 @ 10:59am CST
Lore Keeper wrote:So, are the wrecking balls included? :-P

No, that'll be a 3p add-on :lol:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
"New Year, New Toys"
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Henkei C-19 Legends Class Minibot Cosmos" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Classics Henkei DIRGE Seeker Jet Takara Deluxe Class size Nice!" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers Studio Series Bumblebee Movie Deluxe Figure MOC - #22 DROPKICK" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 1988 Grand Slam and Raindance Slamdance cassettes MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Studio Series 22 Movie Bumblebee Deluxe Copter DROPKICK NEW" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO X 3ATOYS Movie Bumblebee Transformers Blitzwing Action Figure HP" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Creator Primus 2010 MISB" on EBAY