More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon

Transformers News: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon

Tuesday, February 6th, 2018 8:54AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,716

Via the Japanese branch of online retailer Amazon.com, we have some larger and new images of the Takara Star Wars Powered by Transformers crossover series figure 02: the Millennium Falcon! An update to the previous figure of the same vehicle from years ago, the surfacing of the listing is topical given the recent reveal of a new Han Solo spin-off movie trailer (for those keeping track), but the images specifically show us the front and rear of each of the two robot modes of Chewbacca and Solo that combine into the spaceship, plus more looks at the latter and the minifigures included of the two space scoundrels - including the impressive shoulders on Chewie and the backpack kibble on Han, who also shares resemblance in the facesculpt with recent IDW Publishing Transformers newcomer Anode.

Check them all out mirrored below, and head here for the listing, as the figure is set for release in June!

Credit(s): Amazon Japana
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936235)
Posted by Rated X on February 6th, 2018 @ 9:28am CST
The whole concept is one big turd.
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936247)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on February 6th, 2018 @ 10:40am CST
Actually kind of cool looking.
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936253)
Posted by Microraptor on February 6th, 2018 @ 10:54am CST
Better than the last attempt, but WHOOF that is one kibbly Han Solo.
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936258)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 6th, 2018 @ 11:01am CST
Is Han wearing a Faceplate? it looks cool! The Falcon's cockpit on his right arm reminds me of a fusion cannon, also a cool touch. As for the shoulder/back kibble, I don't mind it so much, as it almost looks ornate like wings for a cape but not quite that. Still an awesome looking thing.

Chewie is still the best of the 2 though, same as he was on the original before falling apart. I love his giant shoulders, and the wookie head is awesome.

And the Falcon itself is gorgeous. Of course it would be the main mode they were going for, and as far as I, and my cousin who is has been a huge star wars fan his whole life, is concerned, that is pretty much perfect.

June cannot come quick enough. May need to buy something else so I can ship him and not wait on Dinobot
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936322)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 6th, 2018 @ 5:14pm CST
I'm still digging these, the kibble on hanode doesn't bother me much at all
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936360)
Posted by dabattousai on February 6th, 2018 @ 7:55pm CST
What a piece of junk.
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936362)
Posted by Lucky Logician on February 6th, 2018 @ 7:59pm CST

One of these things does not look like the other two... and I don't know why. This isn't a repurpose or repaint, so what is going on?
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936367)
Posted by Deadput on February 6th, 2018 @ 8:14pm CST
Lucky Logician wrote:

I'm pretty sure their trying to avoid having it look uncanny like the last Han Solo Transformer, why it has a faceplate though I have no idea although the headsculpts pretty nice.

Same with Chewbacca I like how they look much more Transformer-ish this time around.
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936368)
Posted by Deadput on February 6th, 2018 @ 8:14pm CST
Rated X wrote:The whole concept is one big turd.

Not really, it's an interesting idea which has had a meh execution, Transformers turning into Star Wars or other franchise vehicles is an awesome idea.

Edit: I do agree that the first batch of Star Wars Transformers was bad on the most part.
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936387)
Posted by Cobotron on February 6th, 2018 @ 9:18pm CST
It just dawned on me. We are all looking at these as if the robot mode is supposed to be the character, i.e. Han half transforms into Han.

That might explain why the Hanbot has such a robotic face. Really Chewie's face could be construed as such too. Unlike the previous Hasbro line where it felt more like the vehicles turned into weird robotic versions of the characters.

Perhaps Takara will give more details into their intentions at Wonder Fest.
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936389)
Posted by Emerje on February 6th, 2018 @ 9:31pm CST
Cobotron wrote:Maybe that's not the case at all. Maybe, the robots are supposed to be mechs piloted by the mini figures. The Falcon splits in half and becomes two mechs for Han and Chewie to drive into battle.

Honestly that's the only way I've ever looked at these, past or present since they come with pilots. Which made the idea of modeling the bot heads after themselves seem awfully vain.

Emerje
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936390)
Posted by Cobotron on February 6th, 2018 @ 9:39pm CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

:lol: I left out a part in that post about How the new Vader/Tie Fighter's Robo head looks just like Vader's helmet, but his excuse is vanity. :lol:

Did they all come with mini figs? I mentioned before I have Death Star Vader, and he comes with a bunch. Did the Deluxish size toys come them?
I have a Clone Fighter, and don't remember him coming with one.

Edit: And Cobotron said to himself, "Off to the Seibertron galleries with you, you fool!"
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936394)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 6th, 2018 @ 11:15pm CST
Cobotron wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

I have a Clone Fighter, and don't remember him coming with one.

What's puzzling is that I couldn't really find many examples of fan art devoted to Star Wars vs (insert anime design here) mechs/robots online. You would think it was prime fodder for the deviant art crowd.
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936402)
Posted by Qwan on February 7th, 2018 @ 12:08am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:I think everyone thought they were mechs, even from the beginning. It's why some, like me, have lamented the lack of "mech with character detailing" instead of the "robot cosplaying as a character" aesthetic used. However, that Han Solo head sculpt is definitely a step in the right direction, IMO. Not enough for me to start collecting this line, however.

I also had always assumed that they were meant to be piloted mechs, but I don't at all like the way they've been done here. They mostly just look like robot people wearing bits of spaceships sticky-taped to various body parts, even moreso than the old SWTFs if I'm being frank. I like it when transforming robots/mechs look like they're made from the vehicle parts; the problem with these seems (to me) that they're trying so hard to make them resemble the Star Wars characters, that they lose sight of any sense of aesthetic design and just end up with a normally-proportioned guy with a robot head and junk all over called "Han Solo".

On the subject of SW-robits, I was able to dredge up one more piece of crossover mech art via Google, one that I think showcases both the good and the bad of meshing two entities together like this:

Some of the good stuff, I think, is things like taking the "memorable-but-not-quite-iconic-enough-to-be-out-of-place" parts, like the Trooper's belt and color layout, and adding them onto the design in a subtle but recognizable way. On the other hand I still think the head looks pretty rubbish, because even though the design's been altered a bit to fit with the overall shapes it still looks like someone's gone and sat a huge, slightly-melted Stormtrooper helmet over the actual head of the mech. Also the body shapes, and silhouette in general, don't really fit much at all with what you'd imagine a 'Stormtrooper mech' to look like and so it all feels kind of wonky. TL;DR It looks like someone put an EVA in a Stormtrooper suit, instead of looking like its own thing based on the two entities, and so it ends up looking like an awkward attempt to mash the two together instead of a cool new design.

Many of my complaints come from the nature of trying to fit within the well-established aesthetic of the other property, and obviously a hypothetical Eva crossover is not a one-to-one comparison with Transformers, but it's still basically what these SWTFs are trying to do too. The robot modes here aren't trying to fit into the Transformers universe, but they're sure trying to fit into the Transformers aesthetic, which for the most part is "robots made out of vehicles". They're trying so hard to slap Star Wars on top of Transformers that they've forgotten to try and actually integrate the two on any meaningful level, and that's where I feel the major shortcomings of these toys come from.

Maybe this was interesting for someone to read? I dunno. Just my two (hundred) cents on the matter.
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936404)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 7th, 2018 @ 12:17am CST
THIS!
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936407)
Posted by Burn on February 7th, 2018 @ 12:28am CST
Stormtrooper Eva would probably still miss the broadside of an Angel.
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936409)
Posted by Rated X on February 7th, 2018 @ 1:29am CST
Deadput wrote:
Rated X wrote:The whole concept is one big turd.

The trouble is these things arent transformers. They're robots with cosplay masks. If they get rid of the star wars heads and replace them with Transformers characters it would be awesome. Or generic robot heads would also be awesome. But if Darth Vader had the ability to make his Tie Fighter transform, do you really believe he would make the head a giant version of himself? Thats just incredibly dumb looking, dont sugarcoat it.
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936410)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 7th, 2018 @ 3:06am CST
My work here is done. Go forth, my children, Flyyyyyyyyy!
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936422)
Posted by steals_your_goats on February 7th, 2018 @ 5:00am CST
Rated X wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Rated X wrote:The whole concept is one big turd.

That is 100% what Vader would do if he had a transforming mech. I think you forget how vain and dramatic Vader is. He blew up an ENTIRE PLANET because one rebel wouldn't give up their base location. He set up an elaborate plan with an entire city, complete with an entire feast, just to capture the main cast. In the rebels TV series he makes an entrance to a battle by flying in on top of his tie fighter which he himself is piloting through the force. In Rogue One to make his final entrance he has to shut down his life support system in his suit just so that his lightsaber would be the first thing the rebels see. Vader is a complete drama queen so I have no doubt that a personal mech of his would transform into a bigger version of himself.
Re: More Images of Takara Star Wars Powered By Transformers 02 Millennium Falcon (1936423)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 7th, 2018 @ 5:01am CST
Rated X wrote:
Deadput wrote:
Rated X wrote:The whole concept is one big turd.

This is only dumb to you and a few others, remember opinions aren't facts. I like these as I've said above. Someone pointed out on the last page that this is star wars powered by transformers, this isn't the same concept as before as far as takara are concerned, so there's no need for any tf characters to appear.

Qwan@ that picture is horrendous, what the artist was on I do not know. Though you say you like the robots to look like they've formed out of vehicle parts, just remember all the hate the live action movie designs get, I feel they've only just started to improve (though toy engineering has improved leaps and bounds with each passing movie, I love skystalker from the hunt for the decepticons subline

@PrimalXConvoy does it matter if there is no fan art?
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018