More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Thursday, November 10th, 2016 5:50am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 41,418

Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has shared with us a new batch of stock images of the recently revealed Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron, featuring a number of new looks at the second version of the Decepticon / Destron leader! Via Loopaza Toy Store, we have another comparison with MP-10 Optimus Prime, a look at the accessories (including faces, Key to Vector Sigma, weapons, and the mind control helmet), shots in gun mode and with the scope cannon mode, and more - check them all out mirrored below!

Transformers News: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Transformers News: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron

Credit(s): Loopaza Toy Store

Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840106)
Posted by SunbowTransformersG1 on November 10th, 2016 @ 5:59am CST
I was waiting for a perfect Megatron 2.0, Takaratomy made it.
It looks just like Megatron in Sunbow The Transformers G1 cartoon.
It comes so to see with all the accessories of the famous Megatron/Optimus Prime battles in the Sunbow The Transformers G1 cartoon/movie. I hope they including his hand circle saw blade from the Sunbow The Transformers G1 Season 1 cartoon.

Now an MP-10 3.0 Optimus Prime where the waist/upperlegs colors are white, the symbols on the waist are medium yellow not translucent, the lower legs are total blue and the Wheels fold inside the lower legs, full hand articulation, led Light in his eyes/chesl to Light up matrix.

Now an MP-22 Ultra Magnus 2.0 where the waist can swivel, and the was flap can be fold on his back of the torso, full hand articulation.

Now an MP-27 Ironhide/MP-30 Ratchet 2.0 where the back wheels fold in the waist with an foldable plate over it, full hand articulation.

Now an MP-21 Bumblebee 2.0 where the underarms have an foldable plate to cover the hole in it, full hand articulation.

Now an MP-15 Rumble/MP-16 Frenzy with full hand articulation.

I known you Takaratomy engineers can do this, now do so.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840107)
Posted by Sir Soundwave42 on November 10th, 2016 @ 6:00am CST
I love how all the latest MP figures look like they fell out of an episode from the cartoon
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840113)
Posted by CdogCdog4 on November 10th, 2016 @ 8:01am CST
This is the Megatron I been waiting for! I picked up Apollyon last year but when Maketoys announced their awesome version, as well as DX9 had a great likeness too, I said nah I think I'll hold to see if TakaraTomy actually comes through. Especially considering I've been with Masterpiece since MP-01 Convoy and I DID miss out on MP-05 (as well as MP-11 being 2 of the 3 masterpiece molds I missed out on so I preordered both of them instantly)
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840114)
Posted by galvatron00 on November 10th, 2016 @ 8:02am CST
Dang it. Why does the Yen have to be so strong right now?!
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840115)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on November 10th, 2016 @ 8:04am CST
CdogCdog4 wrote:This is the Megatron I been waiting for! I picked up Apollyon last year but when Maketoys announced their awesome version, as well as DX9 had a great likeness too, I said nah I think I'll hold to see if TakaraTomy actually comes through. Especially considering I've been with Masterpiece since MP-01 Convoy and I DID miss out on MP-05 (as well as MP-11 so I preordered both instantly)

im getting mightron
this one is too expensive.
i like it but not 230 expensive
they always come through some people just dont see that.
Rich S. ;) :-P
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840116)
Posted by galvatron00 on November 10th, 2016 @ 8:20am CST
Bumblebee21 wrote:im getting mightron
I fully support that purchase Bumblebee21. $130 is easier than $230 all day erryday. I guess I'm in the minority but I've set a limit per figure for myself to $200, and the closest I've been is SDCC Fort Max at $190 shipped. I actually try to stay $150 or less, MP22 was $170 shipped when I got him.

So, for me, $230 is too much. $170? Maybe, but I would reaaaaaaaaaally have to convince myself I needed him more than my Apollyon or one of the others available. I'm aware he's the official, but the line is blurring for me in my old age.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840117)
Posted by Emerje on November 10th, 2016 @ 8:21am CST
itscramtastic wrote:Dang it. Why does the Yen have to be so strong right now?!

It's actually starting to decline once again. It's already back down to $1USD = 106.84JPY and continues to slip. Doesn't mean it wont rebound, we saw that back in July, though that was a sharp jump and this one has been more gradual. Still not as nice as this time last year when it was 123JPY.

Emerje
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840122)
Posted by Ironhidensh on November 10th, 2016 @ 8:30am CST
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840129)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 10th, 2016 @ 8:41am CST
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840131)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 10th, 2016 @ 8:50am CST
Mindmaster wrote:Maaaaan, it's looking so gooooood! Just wish it wasn't $200+. $150 would've been on point!

Oh come on, this is totally not what it's really gonna cost - unless they're factoring the labor to put in the plugs - this would be, like, the 4th time (at least) in recent releases where they inflate the prices to move 3rd party stock, because they know that once the mp hits, almost no one is going to want the 3rd party figures. They did it with Grapple (I believe), Inferno, and Shockwave, and maybe others too, I bet the price will go down a bit before he comes out.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840135)
Posted by CdogCdog4 on November 10th, 2016 @ 9:02am CST
Bumblebee21 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Well... that looks really awesome! The battle damage is a nice touch, and the actual figure itself looks amazing!

truly deserves the title of masterpiece. hasnt been one like that since mp-10

Soundwave ?
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840136)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on November 10th, 2016 @ 9:03am CST
SunbowTransformersG1 wrote:I was waiting for a perfect Megatron 2.0, Takaratomy made it.
It looks just like Megatron in Sunbow The Transformers G1 cartoon.

Now an MP-15 Rumble/MP-16 Frenzy with full hand articulation.

I known you Takaratomy engineers can do this, now do so.

Uhhh...sure, they could. But...I don't think they would.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840139)
Posted by Cobotron on November 10th, 2016 @ 9:04am CST
CdogCdog4 wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:

truly deserves the title of masterpiece. hasnt been one like that since mp-10

Soundwave ?
Any of the Datsuns?
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840148)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 10th, 2016 @ 9:16am CST
Put's shivers in my spine! It even has that brain control thingie helmet. :x
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840149)
Posted by galvatron00 on November 10th, 2016 @ 9:17am CST
Cobotron wrote:
CdogCdog4 wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
truly deserves the title of masterpiece. hasnt been one like that since mp-10
Soundwave ?
Any of the Datsuns?
Wheeljack?!
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840150)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 10th, 2016 @ 9:18am CST
Cobotron wrote:
CdogCdog4 wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:

truly deserves the title of masterpiece. hasnt been one like that since mp-10

Soundwave ?
Any of the Datsuns?

Or IH, Shockwave, WJ, UM and Hotrod.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840151)
Posted by wilcosu35 on November 10th, 2016 @ 9:19am CST
itscramtastic wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
CdogCdog4 wrote:
Bumblebee21 wrote:
truly deserves the title of masterpiece. hasnt been one like that since mp-10
Soundwave ?
Any of the Datsuns?
Wheeljack?!

Primal?
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840152)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 10th, 2016 @ 9:20am CST
Sigma Magnus wrote:
It looks just like Megatron in Sunbow The Transformers G1 cartoon.

Now an MP-15 Rumble/MP-16 Frenzy with full hand articulation.

I known you Takaratomy engineers can do this, now do so.

Uhhh...sure, they could. But...I don't think they would.

UM can't be done unless a new mold for his die-cast torso. As for Rumble/frenzy.the fists are too small, same with the other suggestions.......not practical.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840153)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 10th, 2016 @ 9:21am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:This is becoming an easier pass the more pictures we see. Takara has defiantly lost the title for best MP maker.

Oh, you'll change your mind ID ;)
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-36 Megatron (1840154)
Posted by galvatron00 on November 10th, 2016 @ 9:24am CST
Emerje wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:Dang it. Why does the Yen have to be so strong right now?!

Emerje
Well that's good to know.
I agree with you, but I don't think they've lost the title as they are the originators of the line AND the intellectual property. Have the 3rd Party figures really become less complicated enough (re: excessive tabs/locking parts) to take over the title? If I'm basing it on my lone experience with Apollyon, no. When I get Hanzo I'll chime in further :lol:

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY