More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy

More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy

Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 11:51pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 25,974

Some new pictures of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy have been posted on twitter. In one of the posts with these pictures it was mentioned that Black Convoy will be released in limited quantity at the Tokyo Toy Show on June 3rd. We have posted this translation below. Please keep in mind that the word order in Japanese is different than in English.

May 3! GW In the midst of tomorrow, "Tokyo Toy Show 2017" will be held on June 3, one month later! "LG-EX Black Convoy" will be released in limited quantities at the toy show venue as a holding commemoration commodity.

Transformers News: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy

Transformers News: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy

Credit(s): twitter

Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878846)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on May 2nd, 2017 @ 11:58pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:Image

Aw! Baldigus wuvs his pal Black Convoy! :lol:
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878847)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 3rd, 2017 @ 12:01am CDT
WreckerJack wrote:Image
Hey neat! That happened in the show in the show once!
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878848)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 3rd, 2017 @ 12:08am CDT

I usually detest pink, but I actually like the contrast of the pink on the black. Then again I am a sucker for clear plastic. As a kid I used to have an electric green clear gameboy pocket and some space legos with that neon clear. Ahh nostalgia.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878849)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 3rd, 2017 @ 12:16am CDT
WreckerJack wrote:How many different combiner hands do we have now? I wanted to say we had 2 molds because of Victorion having feminine hands. Guess I better pay closer attention. Baddie's hands just look like big ole mitts compared to Victorion's.
Baldigus's hands and feet are just Hasbro Computron's in gold.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878852)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 3rd, 2017 @ 12:25am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Baldigus's hands and feet are just Hasbro Computron's in gold.

It could be that khaki color that makes them look bigger then. Then again the contrast of them against the Black of convoy's cab makes them stand out.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878855)
Posted by Deadput on May 3rd, 2017 @ 12:34am CDT
Is Black Convoy up anywhere besides Robotkingdom?

If not right now will sites like Age's 3 and up sell the figure at Canadian price or should I go with RK while it's up there?
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878858)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 3rd, 2017 @ 1:16am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:Image
Hey neat! That happened in the show in the show once!
Bingo! Found the pic I was looking for:

Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878861)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 3rd, 2017 @ 1:48am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
WreckerJack wrote:Image
Hey neat! That happened in the show in the show once!
Bingo! Found the pic I was looking for:

Gotta love bloggers having fun, huh? :)
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878880)
Posted by william-james88 on May 3rd, 2017 @ 8:43am CDT
Deadput wrote:Is Black Convoy up anywhere besides Robotkingdom?

Ages 3 and Up do not sell at canadian prices. They sell in USD$ only. So you lose on the exchange even if you are buying from a canadian company which means they will also automatically charge all necessary taxes. Yay.

So you will always end up paying in USD from no matter who you buy and it will end up costing pretty much the same for us in Canada. So might as well buy from robot kingdom, which will end up costing you $116,71 CDN shipped to you.

I am not playing this BS game with exclusives, if people are willing to spend that much for a $30, toy all the power to them, but I wont. They can keep him.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878888)
Posted by william-james88 on May 3rd, 2017 @ 8:59am CDT
One of the most common questions in the community when a Japanese Exclusive comes out is "where can I get it", so here we are letting you know about new listings for the exclusive Legends LG EX Black Convoy (Scourge) based on Titans Return Optimus Prime.

This toy is now on preorder at Robot Kingdom for $60 USD and Kapow toys for £50. This does not include shipping, which can be quite hefty for those living outside the countries of these retailers.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878890)
Posted by Insurgent on May 3rd, 2017 @ 9:03am CDT
I think I'll splurge my TFN money on this guy. Kapow tends to stock some of these at that con, and it does look nice. Maybe even get a little knocked off if I wait till the Sunday afternoon.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878899)
Posted by xMXUx on May 3rd, 2017 @ 10:05am CDT
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878903)
Posted by mechanicoid on May 3rd, 2017 @ 11:19am CDT
xMXUx wrote:Just noticed that they didn't bother to paint the smokestacks which is kind of a shame. Otherwise he looks glorious, especially with Baldigus :x Too bad they're both exclusives, otherwise I would be all over them

That makes me want this and Baldigus even more. What's a couple hundred more dollars on toys gonna hurt...
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878905)
Posted by Deadput on May 3rd, 2017 @ 11:22am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

If your talking about http://www.agesthreeandup.com yes it's in usd but http://www.agesthreeandup.ca sells them at canadian prices and is slightly cheaper for me.

Yes the site is legit I've already gotten Lio Prime from them.

I'm only wanting to spend on him because I don't have the character in any shape and form besides the original Laser Prime repaint from 2004 and I'm a sucker for headmasters.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878908)
Posted by Deadput on May 3rd, 2017 @ 11:42am CDT
Also maybe I should ask if is Black Convoy going to be able to be ordered from www.agesthreeandup.ca at all or Bigbadtoystore or is Robotkingdom my only choice?
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1878912)
Posted by william-james88 on May 3rd, 2017 @ 12:20pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Also maybe I should ask if is Black Convoy going to be able to be ordered from http://www.agesthreeandup.ca at all or Bigbadtoystore or is Robotkingdom my only choice?

Nobody here would know since none of us are associated with these companies. You are better off asking ages3 an up instead and let us know what they say.

Also, sorry, I didnt know there was a .ca version ;)^

Baldigus is a different exclusive though, a much easier to get exclusive that was/is available pretty much everywhere at much less of a markup than Black Convoy (at least I think so).

What I mean to say is that Baldigus is as easy to get as any non exclusive Unite Warriors Combiner, he just costs a bit more. Is it the price that is turning you off?
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1879070)
Posted by VelkroPrime on May 3rd, 2017 @ 10:44pm CDT
I ordered a unite warriors Baldigus 2 weeks ago. With these new pics with Scourge this makes me even more excited for Baldigus.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1879086)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on May 4th, 2017 @ 12:43am CDT
Yeah, I'm really hoping TFSource or BBTS get some in. I did e-mail BBTS about it, and they hadn't heard of the figure yet. I'd almost pull the trigger from Robot Kingdom, but by the time you factor in shipping to the US, that really stings. Especially if it shows up "locally" later.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1879089)
Posted by Deadput on May 4th, 2017 @ 1:23am CDT
I got an email back and Ages3andup doesn't know right now but the guy said they "probably" will get some.
Re: More Images of Takara Tomy's Black Convoy (1879113)
Posted by Rainmaker on May 4th, 2017 @ 5:16am CDT
Does this Black Convoy come with stickers?

:MAXIMAL:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hound - Siege War for Cybertron BNIB" on EBAY
Buy "5x Transformers.All In Boxes Sideswipe,Doubledealer,Shockwave, Skipjack,Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters Firedrive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "New Sparkless Seeker with Minifigures Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix #3" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War For Cybertron Wheeljack & Red Alert NETFLIX Siege" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Hound" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Impactor+Earthrise Micromaster Astro Squad" on EBAY