More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther

Transformers News: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther

Friday, January 19th, 2018 1:45AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,172

With a tweet, Takara Tomy Transformers has alerted fans and buyers to the official Takara Tomy Mall listing for the recently revealed Transformers Masterpiece Shadow Panther from Beast Wars, which is actually our first black repaint of the new animal based toyline, in this case Cheetor / Cheetus!

Courtesy of fellow Seibertronian Sabrblade once more, we also have a whole new batch of images from the pre-order page, featuring higher resolution and better looks at all the accessories that accompany the toy, the two modes, its posability, the new deco, and some promo shots with the regular Beast Wars background. With its exclusive TakaraTomyMall, late August release for 8,000 yen (USD 72), will you be picking it up?

Credit(s): Takara Tomy Mall

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1932383)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 19th, 2018 @ 1:59am CST
Emerje wrote:Definitely going to be getting Shadow Panther, but I do wish he had the original toy-style bot face that was less expressive than the MP face and had the big eyes and chin.

Emerje

I actually don't know about that. I guess it depends on how his bio will describe him: as (a relative of) Ravage, a Ravage wanna-be, or someone completely different. I'm pretty sure "Tripredacus Agent" will be name-dropped somewhere ;)
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1932474)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on January 19th, 2018 @ 12:03pm CST
I'm loving the black, but I'm not a fan of how the mold looks
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1932491)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on January 19th, 2018 @ 1:19pm CST
Just so I am clear, is he slated to, officially, be a Predacon? :PREDACON:

Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1932515)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 19th, 2018 @ 3:26pm CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Just so I am clear, is he slated to, officially, be a Predacon? :PREDACON:
He always was.

In fact, Takara's original approach for the guy was, as stated in his bio, how he has the appearance of a Maximal but is, in actually, really a Predacon.

DecepticonFinishline wrote:Follow-up question: Do we have any indication as to which faction is on Dinobot's packaging?
The official stock photos on Takara's website page for him uses a Maximal insignia as each image's background.
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1932528)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on January 19th, 2018 @ 4:14pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Hmm... Dang. I might display him with the Predacons just to start filling them out a bit. Especially if there is nothing on the toy, itself, that indicates his allegiance.

I may change that depending on the packaging, as well as what toys appear in the future.
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1932532)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 19th, 2018 @ 4:44pm CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Dinobot never wore an insignia in the show, so you're probably good on that front.
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1932567)
Posted by Emerje on January 19th, 2018 @ 10:21pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:Just something to really set it apart from the original aside from just being black and silver.

By "original" I meant the MP Cheetor figure, not Ravage. ;)

Emerje
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1932571)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 19th, 2018 @ 10:53pm CST
Emerje wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

By "original" I meant the MP Cheetor figure, not Ravage. ;)

Emerje

There's always Nightprowler ;)
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1932573)
Posted by Emerje on January 19th, 2018 @ 11:19pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

By "original" I meant the MP Cheetor figure, not Ravage. ;)

Emerje

There's always Nightprowler ;)

I would happily buy that, too. Heck, I'd buy another cat named Panther in this mold as well.

Emerje
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1932971)
Posted by ScottyP on January 22nd, 2018 @ 9:48am CST
Seibertron wrote:
mentre83 wrote:Meh. I was hoping for MP Tigatron.
I really hope they don't just recolor Cheetor into Tigatron. Tigatron should be a heavy remold if possible, or an entirely new mold. Tigers aren't cheetahs
Entirely agreed. Besides, Tigatron is way bigger than Cheetor!

Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1937919)
Posted by Bronzewolf on February 12th, 2018 @ 3:25am CST
A nice piece of news today for those of us Transformers fans that live down under, as Toys R Us Australia has announced they will be stocking the upcoming MP-34S Shadow Panther from Takara Tomy! Thanks to a post on their Facebook, sent to us by our Australian overlord Burn, we know they'll have the figure and they will be accepting preorders until later this month on the 25th. This is one of the first times TRU Australia has offered preorders for an MP release, so it's quite a bit more convenient for collectors.

It's unknown at this time if TRU will stock this figure in their stores, but that question will probably be answered soon enough.

Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1937935)
Posted by Emerje on February 12th, 2018 @ 7:30am CST
Before people in the west get too excited, Hasbro occasionally does this for TRU Australia with Takara MPs, even sometimes slipping an English version of the card into the box. Don't expect it to show up at any other TRU stores outside of the usual ones in Asia.

Emerje
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1938019)
Posted by Burn on February 12th, 2018 @ 1:37pm CST
It was a bit more than "occasionally" and it was a bit more than the "card".

They imported them for a while complete with English translations for the instructions. The fact they're offering a pre-order is a smart thing considering how many of the MP's they stocked didn't sell. This way they won't be over ordering.
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1938052)
Posted by Emerje on February 12th, 2018 @ 3:16pm CST
Burn wrote:It was a bit more than "occasionally" and it was a bit more than the "card".

Oh, I didn't realize it was so often. I thought it was just Star Saber and a few other notable ones.

Emerje
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1938054)
Posted by Burn on February 12th, 2018 @ 3:25pm CST
Star Sabre, Bumblebee, Wheeljack, Sideswipe, Prowl, Bluestreak ... might have been others. I think they also stocked the Unite Warriors box sets. They've stocked a fair bit of TT when I think about it, but given their price jacking, it never sold too well.
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1938141)
Posted by william-james88 on February 12th, 2018 @ 10:39pm CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Its ok, its not like we have been newsing them all this time... oh wait

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ase/33091/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ail/34928/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ail/31931/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ase/33167/

And it goes waaaaaaay back to over 10 years ago

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... tral/4654/
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1938163)
Posted by Burn on February 13th, 2018 @ 1:01am CST
william-james88 wrote:And it goes waaaaaaay back to over 10 years ago

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... tral/4654/

Amazingly, he sold well.
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1938193)
Posted by Emerje on February 13th, 2018 @ 6:13am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Its ok, its not like we have been newsing them all this time... oh wait

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ase/33091/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ail/34928/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ail/31931/

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ase/33167/

And it goes waaaaaaay back to over 10 years ago

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... tral/4654/

Yeah, and what did I say?

[quote]I thought it was just Star Saber and a few other notable ones.[/quote]
I know there's been a bunch of them in the news, that's why I thought it was an occasional occurrence in the first place, but Burn seemed to imply it was even more frequent than that.

Emerje
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1938194)
Posted by william-james88 on February 13th, 2018 @ 6:23am CST
Emerje wrote:and what did I say:
Emerje wrote: a few.

a bunch

:???:
Re: More Images of Transformers Masterpiece MP-34S Shadow Panther (1938198)
Posted by Emerje on February 13th, 2018 @ 6:48am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:and what did I say:
Emerje wrote: a few.

a bunch

:???:

Sorry, I meant "bunch" as in a cluster of them (Bee, Tracks, and Sideswipe were all within just over a year time and then nothing), not as in a large number. That was bad wording, but you know what I'm talking about. What I don't know is what you're trying to prove. It's not like I said anything way outlandish, I just made a small understatement and Burn corrected me, that should have been the end of the discussion, so why are you suddenly jumping on me about this? :???:

Emerje
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

You save: 50%
You save: 41%
You save: 32%
You save: 31%
You save: 25%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 20%