More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set

More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set

Saturday, August 13th, 2016 4:40am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 31,940

We've seen the official images for the Generations Platinum Edition set Rise of Rodimus Prime here, but thanks to Brazilian site Hobby Brinquedos we have a couple more, especially of the packaging for the reuse of the Universe Galvatron and Titanium Rodimus Prime molds. Check them out below!

Transformers News: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set

Transformers News: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set

Transformers News: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set

Transformers News: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set

Transformers News: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set

Credit(s): Hobby Brinquedos

Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1814851)
Posted by primalxconvoy on August 13th, 2016 @ 6:28am CDT
Those are some highly polished, overpriced turds right there, folks.
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1814854)
Posted by ausbot on August 13th, 2016 @ 6:45am CDT
Rodimus would be fine if he was all plastic.
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1814856)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 13th, 2016 @ 6:56am CDT
Always with the misleading box art... this time showing cartoon selves when the toys are not.

And despite my issues with TR Voyager Galvatron (some of which I've fixed myself) he blows this Galvy mold away with ease. The headsculpt ain't too bad but the rest is ick.

Rodimus here ain't much good either. Respect trying to make the whole alt-mode into the robot but it just didn't really work here.
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1814863)
Posted by william-james88 on August 13th, 2016 @ 7:52am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Always with the misleading box art

I dont know about that, they both arent holding the matrix on the box art, which is reflected in how both toys cant hold it either :lol:
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1814870)
Posted by Solrac333 on August 13th, 2016 @ 8:31am CDT
Mistransformed tank mode. ;)^
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1814882)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 13th, 2016 @ 9:55am CDT
No flames on the sides of Rodimus Prime's trailer.
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1814925)
Posted by Mr O on August 13th, 2016 @ 12:17pm CDT

>:oP
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1814936)
Posted by Kurona on August 13th, 2016 @ 12:57pm CDT
Mr O wrote:Is the matrix the same one as MP-10? If so, I'd throw a tenner at this when it inevitably lingers on discount. My cat ran off with the one I had and we've moved house now. I need to get a new one before Thunderwing or whatever finds the other one. If TRU weren't so full of fantasy and magical wonder, that's all they'd be charging for this shambles anyway. Thank you, I'm calmer now, I may be back next week.

>:oP

Plus, you'd get a free...
...
... shit couple of figures with it... well, at least they're good in alt- no, no... you get two free pieces of shit with your matrix. Yay.
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1814969)
Posted by Railbomb on August 13th, 2016 @ 2:24pm CDT
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1814988)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 13th, 2016 @ 3:01pm CDT
ausbot wrote:Rodimus would be fine if he was all plastic.

Supposedly, Titanium Rodimus Prime is one of the better ones when it comes to the joints, as it doesn't suffer the same looseness as his brethren despite the die cast weighing him down.
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1815104)
Posted by durroth on August 14th, 2016 @ 2:06am CDT
... I don't entirely understand why they went with a metallic red for the die cast and then just regular red plastic. It stands out.
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1815109)
Posted by Rainmaker on August 14th, 2016 @ 3:02am CDT

:MAXIMAL:
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1815122)
Posted by william-james88 on August 14th, 2016 @ 6:36am CDT
Raintime Rainmaker wrote:So does that mean there will be a new thread in 2017 if this is called 2016 Generations Platinum sets?

:MAXIMAL:

Yup
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1815160)
Posted by SureShot18 on August 14th, 2016 @ 10:35am CDT
Railbomb wrote:I really don't see all the Platinum sets that they're making selling well. The one based off the movie poster and Unicron are the only ones that I think will sell. They really should have used some of these on Platinum Beast Wars sets.

That would have made more sense, I'd buy some of the Platinum sets if the were Beast Wars. But John Warden loves his G1 and there's a rumor he doesn't care much at all for other incarnations of Transformers, specifically Beast Wars. So it probably would have flown very well with him at the helm. We all know what happened with the Year of the Monkey set.
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1815171)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 14th, 2016 @ 10:52am CDT
SureShot18 wrote:

I've heard that he and his team do like Armada, though.
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1815173)
Posted by Kurona on August 14th, 2016 @ 11:01am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
SureShot18 wrote:

I've heard that he and his team do like Armada, though.

That'd explain CW Armada Megatron
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1815175)
Posted by william-james88 on August 14th, 2016 @ 11:10am CDT
SureShot18 wrote:

The only Platinum project we know John Warden worked on is Liokaiser. From the interviews it seems the platinum line is handled by a totally seperate team.
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1815176)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 14th, 2016 @ 11:12am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
SureShot18 wrote:

And the Chinese New Year ones are likely handled by Hasbro Asia.
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1815468)
Posted by SureShot18 on August 15th, 2016 @ 11:03am CDT
Well I guess I shouldn't say stuff I'm not sure about. :lol:
I figured he'd have some control over the Platinum sets since they are Generations. But yeah I guess the Year of the ____ would be an entirely different team.

BTW I wasn't hating on Warden, TR looks amazing.
Re: More Images - Platinum Edition Rise of Rodimus Prime Set (1815991)
Posted by shajaki on August 16th, 2016 @ 9:44pm CDT
Evening Seibertronians, tonight we have a pictorial review of Transformers Generations 2016 Platinum Edition: Armada of Cyclonus! This '86 Movie inspired 3-pack includes the Unicron spawned Cyclonus, Scourge, and Decepticon Sweep (sporting a brand new head!). They all hail from the Classics/Universe/Generations era, and have some new competition with Combiner Wars and Titans Return. Has the throne been usurped? Let's scroll and have a look.

Namesake of the set, Cyclonus. Great as always, this time around he is sporting two hands capable of holding weapons (as opposed to the molded close fisted previous versions) and has a gun stolen from Generations Kup. While he doesn't have quite as nice a jet silhouette as the CW Voyager, I still feel he has the better robot mode.

Sweep leader Scourge is the only one completely unchanged (mold wise) in this set. This grudge match is a toss up. On one hand I prefer the wings on this version, but love the classic space boat alt mode of the Titans release.

And finally, Decepticon Sweep. Take Scourge to the barber shop for a hot shave, and what do you get? This fella. This new head sculpt is fresh take on what the Sweep clone army should look like and is a great addition to anyone's Unicron crew.

So what do these figures mean for your collection? Is it out with the old and in with the new, or long live Classics? Or can you still not let go of G1 even (haha wink wink). Let us know, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Targetmaster Windblade LG62 Takara Tomy Legends Collection" on EBAY
Buy "rare SEALED hasbro TRANSFORMERS rotf movie JETFIRE legends class SR-71 BLACKBIRD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg10 Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series Lg15 Night Bird Shadow" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars AIR RAID Generations BRAND NEW UNOPENED with COMIC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MechFansToys MF-0 Megatron Hot Soldiers Optimus Prime Lot G1 Legend" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime RiD Ratchet Deluxe Class MOC 2011 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY