More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee

Transformers News: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee

Thursday, October 23rd, 2014 8:39AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 25,296

Following the Masterpiece Bumblebee images released earlier today, the same actoys.com member dlarirang has posted new in hand images of this release. These images were posted on the Omega Lock Facebook page.

This selection of images gives us a good look at the figure's transformation trough various views and comparison shots with other Masterpiece car figures. You can see more here.

Credit(s): ACToys, Omegalock
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616182)
Posted by ScottyP on October 23rd, 2014 @ 8:49am CDT
Well, I'm excited.

reluctantyouth wrote:This is another MP sadly that I will wait for a KO version for half the price. Haters gonna hate...

Congratulations on encouraging Takara to not continue the line.
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616184)
Posted by Cobotron on October 23rd, 2014 @ 9:00am CDT
There IS something off about the shape and the color of his face. The symbol on his foot does blow his cover. Let's hope it's a sticker.

Other than that, I'm excited.
Finally, a BB update that's a VW. I've waited, what, i dunno, 30 years for that?
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616186)
Posted by Rated X on October 23rd, 2014 @ 9:05am CDT
Seems like it scales better with classics than MP. While the scale seems kind of accurate in robot mode, I just dont see it being big enough to look good next to MP-10. Unless of course youre into that silly vintage toy scale penny racer crap. Just my opinion.
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616189)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on October 23rd, 2014 @ 9:14am CDT
Sweet Jesus that is tiny it makes Scramble City look like a super base /leader/ ultra class figure
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616190)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 23rd, 2014 @ 9:17am CDT
Rated X wrote: Unless of course youre into that silly vintage toy scale penny racer crap. Just my opinion.
You mean like how that old cartoon you hold to such a high regard was?
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616195)
Posted by shajaki on October 23rd, 2014 @ 9:31am CDT
megatronus wrote:Dunno if we get official MPs of those characters, but right now my Dinobot priorities fall along Classics/Generations lines.
call me a dreamer, but i bet we'll see MP dinobots someday. once they finish the season 1 car bots, they either have to start season 2 guys or make us some dinobots :grin:
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616208)
Posted by padfoo on October 23rd, 2014 @ 10:04am CDT
I really like the figure. Its a bit small but its the most accurate version of this Bumble bee we have ever seen. I don't think this hand painted model is doing it justice.
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616209)
Posted by megatronus on October 23rd, 2014 @ 10:04am CDT
shajaki wrote:

I don't think you're a dreamer, but I'm not sure you'll see it so soon (people might say the same thing about my hope for Shockwave). Especially since they opened up the cans of worms that are Ultra Magnus and Star Saber, I don't know if we can rely on them to stick to Season 1 or 2 bots in the near future.
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616215)
Posted by BLUDGEON on October 23rd, 2014 @ 10:10am CDT
That face seems a bit off for my liking, as is the colour. Seems to be fairly similar to the G1 cartoon, just, not that great
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616224)
Posted by Rated X on October 23rd, 2014 @ 10:36am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
You mean like how that old cartoon you hold to such a high regard was?

For the most part, Bumblebee and the rest of the minibots came up to Primes waist level in the cartoon. (yes I know there were some anomalies) But that vintage toy scale where the mini bots only come up to Primes kneecaps is just stupid. I hate the toy scale, always did, always will. While the cartoon was far from perfect, it attempted to correct a lot of things that looked bad in the toy line. The season 1 lineup was mashed together from a bunch of different Japanese toy lines of different sizes. So tweaking the scale in the cartoon made sense. It gave it a more realistic vibe.
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616228)
Posted by Siger on October 23rd, 2014 @ 11:02am CDT
I'm not paying $70+ bucks for a barely 5 inch figure. :BANG_HEAD:

Correction, 4 inch figure...
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616234)
Posted by Dead Metal on October 23rd, 2014 @ 11:14am CDT
shajaki wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Now that's a much more attractive looking crotch.
:lol: that comment was funny, but directly followed by your sig is priceless :lol:

Hahaha, Freudian. :lol:

Wow, he's smaller than I thought he'd be, but then again, he comes with a Spike in armor that's almost as big as him. :D
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616235)
Posted by william-james88 on October 23rd, 2014 @ 11:18am CDT
I totally get the price being a big issue. But not the scale. He seems to be a perfect fit:

Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616236)
Posted by Flashwave on October 23rd, 2014 @ 11:19am CDT
Impressive fig, it's nice to see a gun for Bee, and the spare tire is cool in either of its mounts. I must say though, the paint work has me scared, and the legs look kinda stickly, so I think I'm gonna stick with my Classics Bee for now.
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616242)
Posted by happylock on October 23rd, 2014 @ 11:38am CDT
I cant be the only one who thinks smaller than the current smaller deluxes is too small. Especially for the price of a master piece.
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616244)
Posted by Cyberpath on October 23rd, 2014 @ 11:48am CDT
Probably the release I'm looking forward to the most. Finally this iconic character gets a proper figure.

How come a few people already have it?
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616245)
Posted by wilcosu35 on October 23rd, 2014 @ 11:52am CDT
can't wait to have him in hand :)
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616252)
Posted by Kibble on October 23rd, 2014 @ 12:13pm CDT
Siger wrote:I'm not paying $70+ bucks for a barely 5 inch figure. :BANG_HEAD:

Correction, 4 inch figure...

Me either...I ordered mine from Japan for like $39 instead.
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616257)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 23rd, 2014 @ 12:25pm CDT
Kibble wrote:
Me either...I ordered mine from Japan for like $39 instead.

From where, and how much was shipping?

I preordered from BBTS, but if there's a cheaper option, I'd love to know.
Re: More In-hand images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee (1616258)
Posted by william-james88 on October 23rd, 2014 @ 12:27pm CDT
Kibble wrote:
Siger wrote:I'm not paying $70+ bucks for a barely 5 inch figure. :BANG_HEAD:

Correction, 4 inch figure...

Me either...I ordered mine from Japan for like $39 instead.

Yeah but how much is the shipping?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "OPTIMUS PRIME & MEGATRON HERO MASHERS Transformers Mash Ups Hasbro MIP" on EBAY
Buy "BRAND NEW TRANSFORMERS NEMESIS PRIME POWER OF THE PRIMES AMAZON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Decepticon Stinger Plush Stuffed Figure 16" AR175" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Adventure Steeljaw (Robots in Disguise)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Legends Legion Strafe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Generations AOE Voyager DINOBOT SLOG " on EBAY
Buy "NEW Takara Tomy Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee Movie Studio Series Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction AD26 Lockdown" on EBAY