More New G1 KOs Hit eBay

More New G1 KOs Hit eBay

Thursday, February 4th, 2010 10:42am CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Auctions, Knock Offs
Posted by: Down_Shift   Views: 50,159

We've received many reports from Transformers fans that new Knock-offs have surfaced on eBay. In addition to G1 Red Alert, Sideswipe, and a Protectorbots Gift Set which have already been released, a Stunticons Gift set is slated for release after the Chinese New Year.

While it may be tempting to buy such memorable characters in a nice. new throw-back package, none of us here at Seibertron.com recommend or endorse purchasing these figures. Products such as these not only violate copyright laws, but they also don't measure up to the same materials used and quality control protocols that the originals must go through. Please, do your research before buying what you believe to be a MISB G1 figure off of eBay and know the differences between real and fake.

Credit(s): gene hobbs

This article was last modified on Thursday, February 4th, 2010 10:54am CST

Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043864)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 4th, 2010 @ 11:02am CST
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043871)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 4th, 2010 @ 11:15am CST
Down_Shift wrote:While it may be tempting to buy such memorable characters in a nice. new throw-back package, none of us here at Seibertron.com recommend or endorse purchasing these figures.

Whatchoo talking bout Willis? If I can't get legit reissues, you bet your ass I endorse this lol.
:BOT:
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043875)
Posted by Liftgate on February 4th, 2010 @ 11:24am CST
I don't know man, the quality I've seen on KOs has always been really bad. So bad I'd rather just not have the figure in my collection tbh. I do have a KO Devastator sitting on my workbench (hot glued together, he falls apart otherwise), but that's only because I don't want an original sitting in a place where it can get dirty or damaged.
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043881)
Posted by Down_Shift on February 4th, 2010 @ 11:49am CST
Flux Convoy wrote:

:BOT:

:lol: Have you seen one of the KOs up close? Short story time!

At AFX last year my buddy bought a "complete MISB G1 Devastator Gift Set" off of a table selling a shit ton of "reissues". Now the dirt bag selling these figures was telling people they are legit 1980s hotness, but there was a sign sitting on top of a pile of translucent lazerbeak/frenzy two packs saying they were all KOs. Once we found out the guy at the table is actually one of the people responsible for the production and distribution of these figures he was kicked out of the showroom. I can't believe the guy was bragging about it, and Hasbro Canada was 15 feet from him. They were pissed, so we kicked them the phuk out. I didn't find out until later that night that my friend from work bought Devastator from him. He took it out of the box and it was literally falling apart in his hands. Not Devastator, but Long Haul, Mismaster, Scavenger and the lot.
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043889)
Posted by Trikeboy on February 4th, 2010 @ 12:33pm CST
I've said it before, I don't mind buying KO's as long as they are priced as KO's and advertised as them. When I was in South Korea I got the Devastator gift set for 10,000 won which worked out to about £5.00. Mine didn't fall apart and is a good place holder for an original or Encore reissue at some point in the future.
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043908)
Posted by Torneira on February 4th, 2010 @ 1:53pm CST

Also, in addition to some answers I've seen concerning about KO's, I must say that as longs as they advertertise it as a KO then it's no problem for me. I often can't tell the difference, because they are very accurate. And even the boxart is like it used to and supposed to be. AND in ENGLISH too.

Nowadays it's all in freaking Japanese or Chinese or whatever.
I mean, c'mon make it so that we too can understand what it sais on the boxes and in the instructions. I'm talking about ofcourse Masterpiece and Encore for example.
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043913)
Posted by Mkall on February 4th, 2010 @ 2:07pm CST
Torneira wrote:I agree with what UltraPrimal wrote, why can't we get reissues of all the G1 line? Starting with all the season 1 figures and then season 2 and so on. There is a big market for it.

No there isn't, the TRU Commemorative series proved that. They're crummy toys when compared to today's standard and once kids found that out, the line dropped dead. Although that is a few years back.

Has it changed? Perhaps after the live movies, maybe enough fans came back to the hobby for Hasbro to release a select few for nostalgia sake (25th Prime, Perceptor and the Insecticons). I think Hasbro's testing the waters of G1 releases again, but don't hold your breath.
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043920)
Posted by SJ21 on February 4th, 2010 @ 2:24pm CST
I am all for KO toys as long as they aren't being passed off as the real thing. I use them as placeholders until I can find an origional at a decent price.
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043921)
Posted by Trikeboy on February 4th, 2010 @ 2:24pm CST
When it comes to the reissues, I wish they would reissue the ones that are in demand by collectors like the G1 combiners, Reflector, Shockwave etc. That is one of the best thing about the Encore releases. Thanks to them, collectors have had access to affordable toys like Metroplex, Omega Supreme and Skylynx. I'm hoping that TakaraTomy will be lining up Trypticon to coincide with War For Cybertron. Until then KO's will be welcome as long as they are well made and look like they should. As long as they are not priced as originals I don't mind.
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043923)
Posted by same138 on February 4th, 2010 @ 2:35pm CST
Mkall wrote:

Speaking as someone who is a recent collector, pretty much as a result of the Bay movies, I'd much rather see well articulated Universe/Classics style revamps of classic figures than Encore style re-issues, the few G1 toys I've obtained are lumps compared to some of the Classics and other newer figures. My G1 Prime pretty much stands in the one position gathering dust, while my 07 movie Leader, Masterpiece and Animated OPs get lifted off the shelf and played with. I wish now I'd spent the money I did on my few G1s on more Classics or movieverse figures.
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043926)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on February 4th, 2010 @ 2:40pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:Why can't we get legit reissues of these figures? I would love a Stunticons set.

I don't endorse KO, but have used them as "bench-warmers" until I find an authentic figure...However as my old grandpappy used to say..."if you can't find a way...make a way" B-)
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043955)
Posted by Liftgate on February 4th, 2010 @ 4:38pm CST
Does anybody know where these KO companies actually get the molds to make these? I have always wondered this but never found an answer anywhere. I know my KO Devastator looks almost exactly the same as my original, but I was curious one day and took afew screws out to compare what they look like on the inside and the KO is very different. In that case I think new molds were made, but not sure if that's true in all cases.

RE: Trikeboy

Metroplex? Really? I owned three of them when I was a kid and thought they were (and still are) very common. In fact I used to get bummed at garage sales because Metroplexs was ALL I would ever find!
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043956)
Posted by It Is Him on February 4th, 2010 @ 4:47pm CST

Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043975)
Posted by Rated X on February 4th, 2010 @ 5:51pm CST
Well if you want to enjoy the G1 expierence without paying an arm and a leg, you basically 3 choices:

1. Buy re-issues and knock offs from companies who dont hold the molds hostage.

2. Take chances with strangers on E-Bay buying used products.

3. Build a time machine and travel back to 1986.

With all due respect, which option is the most practical and realistic ???

I missed out on Motormaster and Drag Strip as a kid so Im all for Stunticon re-issues. And I personally think quality tests are done to help withstand the abuse of heavy childs play. But for display purposes, their quality is just fine.
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043978)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on February 4th, 2010 @ 5:58pm CST
Mkall wrote:25th Prime, Perceptor and the Insecticons

And every one is a shelfwarmer in my area.
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043985)
Posted by Dagon on February 4th, 2010 @ 6:07pm CST

Despite the fact that your post rendered mine pointless, I felt the need to post anyway. QFT.
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1043993)
Posted by Liftgate on February 4th, 2010 @ 6:19pm CST
I've read that site listed above (Fred's) before and didn't/still don't see any mention of WHERE or HOW they get these molds. Are they just crude copies? Original ones that were sold off or stolen? Just curious more than anything.
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1044033)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on February 4th, 2010 @ 7:45pm CST
Instead of just reissues, Hasbro should just expand upon the Classics line. No reason why we shouldn't get a whole brand-spankin' new Stunticons gift set that can combine and everything as well as have full articulation... Other than cost anyways :grin:
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1044071)
Posted by adamassc on February 4th, 2010 @ 9:49pm CST
I'd love new Stunticons, but the world is against us. Hasbro has made multiple attempts to secure the name Motormaster to no avail. In ordor to release the G1 giftset, they'd have to come up with a different name like they did with Hot Rod. His name would have to be like Decepticon Motormaster or like Motormus Prime or Menasor Major.

Either way, I have all 5 Stunticons, I just need the Menasor bits. KOs are usually the wrong size to fit.
Re: More New G1 KOs Hit eBay (1044098)
Posted by Skyfire77 on February 4th, 2010 @ 11:03pm CST
It Is Him wrote:For anyone browsing this thread, check out Fred's Complete Transformer Variants Page. It's a great resource for anyone who has questions about KOs

Hey, cool! I wondered what happened to that site after Yahoo pulled the plug on Geocities.

Thanks!

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Rescue Bots: Meet Boulder the Construction-Bot Annie Auerbach" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY