Friday, August 23rd, 2019 5:21pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,079

You now got a good look at Transformers Generations Selects Nightbird and Powerdasher Zetar and here are the questions we got: When can we buy them and where?

Well, we got you covered. The toys can be ordered RIGHT NOW on the internet at whichever place you usually get your collectables like Entertainment Earth, BBTS, TFSource and Pulse. Canadians can get them at EB Games. They are officially due for September 1 and the MSRP is $19.99, though some places may have a mark up.

Below are more images and the official product descriptions.

TRANSFORMERS: GENERATIONS SELECTS DELUXE WFC-GS07 NIGHTBIRD

(Ages 8 years and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $19.99 / Available: 09/01/2019)

The Generations Selects WFC-GS07 NIGHTBIRD, as seen in the Enter the Nightbird episode of the G1 series, features an alt mode never before seen in the show and is inspired by how NIGHTBIRD would have appeared on Cybertron. NIGHTBIRD stands at 5.5 inches in robot mode and converts to alt mode in 15 steps. The NIGHTBIRD figure also comes with four ninja weapon accessories – one Venomizer Blaster, one Nightshock Baton and two Flash Grenades - that combine and attach to each other.

Generations Selects is a fan-dedicated line of figures featuring special edition characters that can’t be found in the main line. Available at HasbroPulse.com and other major retailers on 09/01/2019.

TRANSFORMERS: GENERATIONS SELECTS DELUXE WFC-GS08 POWERDASHER ZETAR

(Ages 8 years and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $19.99 / Available: 09/01/2019)

The Generations Selects WFC-GS08 POWERDASHER ZETAR features a design inspired by the classic 1983 POWERDASHER DIACLONE, DRILL DASHER, with tampo art reminiscent of the original stickers. POWERDASHER ZETAR stands at 5.5 inches in robot mode and converts to drill mode in 23 steps. The POWERDASHER ZETAR figure also breaks apart into nine weapon accessories that can be equipped to other SIEGE: WAR FOR CYBERTRON figures (Sold separately. Subject to availability).

Generations Selects is a fan-dedicated line of figures featuring special edition characters that can’t be found in the main line. Available on HasbroPulse.com and other major retailers on 09/01/2019.

Transformers News: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them

Credit(s): Hasbro

This article was last modified on Saturday, August 24th, 2019 9:39pm CDT

Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035482)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 23rd, 2019 @ 6:15pm CDT
Zetar is truly the hero we deserved, he takes the weaponizer gimmick to it's natural conclusion by turning his head into a weaponizer port, so much awkward goofiness is going to ensue :-s
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035501)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 23rd, 2019 @ 8:22pm CDT
Both of these look pretty good. I pre-ordered both.

Zetar is perfect. He is necessary thanks to Aragon in the siege 3-pack that I want, but he is a great looking standalone too. Well done there.

Nightbird is weaker than her Legends toy a few years ago, but she will do. I never got that one, and i don't actually have Chromia, so at least I will get that mold... even if it will be my 5th of that skeleton basically. she really needed some better/different weapons
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035509)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on August 23rd, 2019 @ 9:09pm CDT
I'm definitely going to get Zetar but I'm going to hold off on placing my preorder in case Chromar's goes up between now and then. On a side note, it's looking like I'll have Zetar before I'll have Brunt!
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035519)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 23rd, 2019 @ 11:40pm CDT
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035522)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 24th, 2019 @ 12:01am CDT
Hasbro? No offense but you've skipped a number... WFC-GS04.
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035523)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on August 24th, 2019 @ 12:23am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This new Nightbird makes me want to go on eBay and pay the aftermarket prices for the Legends figure.

Same. I already have the Chromia figure, and I can't really do much with her because every time I move the legs her crotch plate falls off and breaks and needs another layer of glue. Other than the paint and head, this Nightbird figure is exactly the same, and I don't want to have to deal with her losing her crotch plate too. I'm so disappointed. Thankfully I have Generations Chromia to have on my shelf while Siege Chromia can get tossed into storage.
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035530)
Posted by ThunderThruster on August 24th, 2019 @ 7:53am CDT
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035533)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on August 24th, 2019 @ 9:10am CDT
ThunderThruster wrote:Liking the look of Zetar, but with that colour layout I can't help but think if his black was purple, he'd make an impressive Impactor.

I guess I can see it but I don't think the arms would really suit him.
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035540)
Posted by william-james88 on August 24th, 2019 @ 9:36am CDT
So, did anyone order these two?
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035542)
Posted by Cobotron on August 24th, 2019 @ 9:52am CDT
william-james88 wrote:So, did anyone order these two?
I ordered Zetar. Night Lady Ninja Bird looks real good, but I'm happy with the Legends one I have. No need for both.

I am super excited about the Power Dashers. Updates I thought we'd never see.
I love their dumb head sculpts and deco's. So full of stupid, which to me is their charm.
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035548)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 24th, 2019 @ 10:42am CDT
william-james88 wrote:So, did anyone order these two?

I did, got both from Pulse. Zetar is necessary to complete the Powerdashers since I know I will be getting Aragon. And I don't have Nightbird, so this will work.
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035563)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:37am CDT
"...how NIGHTBIRD would have appeared on Cybertron."

Wow, Raksha's fan-theories about Nightbird being sentient all along but somehow disabled and enslaved by Dr. Fujiyama are getting official validation. Did one of the Legends manga ever acknowledge Megatron being in love with her, but bemoaning MegaEmpress being in the way?

I'll certainly get both of these, but is the groin plate popping off the Chromia mold a common problem? I haven't really posed mine that much.
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035569)
Posted by sol magnus on August 24th, 2019 @ 11:54am CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:"...how NIGHTBIRD would have appeared on Cybertron."

My Chromia has no such issue.
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035572)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on August 24th, 2019 @ 12:18pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:"...how NIGHTBIRD would have appeared on Cybertron."

My Chromia has no such issue.

Likewise
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035574)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 24th, 2019 @ 12:21pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:"...how NIGHTBIRD would have appeared on Cybertron."

My Chromia has no such issue.

Likewise
Mine constantly shoots its darn crotchplate across the room.
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035576)
Posted by Stargrave on August 24th, 2019 @ 12:56pm CDT
Mine too. Pops off too easy and it’s like it’s spring loaded. It’s the only problem I have with her though. I think it’s the mold refined and her weapon is super boss. So many configurations you can do. And that’s not including that rad grenade baton they did for Nightbird. And those prongs on the front support blast effects she just be running down Decepticons. Mmf. I really like her.
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035603)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on August 24th, 2019 @ 2:53pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:"...how NIGHTBIRD would have appeared on Cybertron."

Speaking of her, is she still around in the fandom?
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035608)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 24th, 2019 @ 3:31pm CDT
Ricochet looks a heck of a lot better now that he has a Targetmaster (an extra Firedrive here)

Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035611)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 24th, 2019 @ 3:53pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:"...how NIGHTBIRD would have appeared on Cybertron."

Speaking of her, is she still around in the fandom?

I don't think she is, but that didn't stop FunPub from making this:

Transformers Subscription Service Nightracer Gallery

... with Shakar.
Re: More Official Images and Descriptions for Selects Nightbird and Zetar + Where to Buy Them (2035614)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 24th, 2019 @ 4:17pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Wireless_Phantom wrote:
Bumblevivisector wrote:"...how NIGHTBIRD would have appeared on Cybertron."

Speaking of her, is she still around in the fandom?

I don't think she is, but that didn't stop FunPub from making this:

Transformers Subscription Service Nightracer Gallery

... with Shakar.
She contributed to that toy's bio and is still good friends with some people in the fandom. She's not active (or as vocal) as she used to be, but she's still around.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 68 Deluxe Movie 3 Leadfoot Target Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 60 Constructicon SCRAPPER Voyager Class MISB/New 2020" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premiere Edition Deluxe Cogman 2017  ((NEW))" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Rotf Voyager Mixmaster Action Figure" on EBAY