More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit

Transformers News: More pics of  Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit

Monday, November 3rd, 2008 11:16PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 22,086

TF Club has posted some more high resolution images of the Fans Projects Binaltech/ Alternators Convoy/ Optimus Prime TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade kit. The kit converts from a fuel tank to weaponry and a housing unit for the Autobot Matrix of Leadership.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

Site sponsor Big Bad Toy Store has the set up for preorder at the time, although the projected ship date has already passed.

Check out even more images by clicking here.
Credit(s): El Duque
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827710)
Posted by UltraPrimal on November 3rd, 2008 @ 11:19pm CST
Meh. I still haven't opened my Alt Prime that have had since he came out. I don't see myself break him out and buying set for him. I don't get the attraction. First people were saying Alt Prime was a horrible figure. Now he's being reissued and TFClub/FansProject is making this upgrade set for him. And people love it. :?
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827743)
Posted by Stormrider on November 4th, 2008 @ 1:57am CST
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827755)
Posted by Nickolai on November 4th, 2008 @ 3:20am CST
Hmm, if it's cheap, I might bite.

Anyone else think that it'd look MUCH better on Swindle and/or Hound? :twisted:
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827783)
Posted by Mykltron on November 4th, 2008 @ 6:08am CST
The kit looks great but the fact remains that Bin/Alt Prime is horrible. His belly plate covers his thighs so he looks like he has no knees and his arm articulation is poor. So I'd say this kit would be better for Hound or Swindle and the Matrix, well, it looks quite small so maybe it'll go with a Classics Prime.
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827865)
Posted by [JRX] on November 4th, 2008 @ 8:44am CST
Here's the real question:
Should I get this one, or hold out for a possible "Shadow" repaint?
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827912)
Posted by Asphalt22 on November 4th, 2008 @ 9:30am CST
sweet but more than a little steep for a gun. Yes I know you get the matrix too, but still steep.
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827949)
Posted by bossbot on November 4th, 2008 @ 11:28am CST
dunno bout this.....

its clever the way it teansforms and all ....realy well thought out.
But a spare fuelcan in the back of an srt10?

For 1 its a little big in scale
And second you would incounter a canister like than on the back of a (older) military jeep, in the boot of a rugged off-road 4x4 when someone goes mudding, hell even in/on any vehicle of anyone living remote.....

just NOT in the back of a a street-sports muscletruck ....its like a tank with a ski-rack on top.... only the other way round :p
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827968)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 4th, 2008 @ 12:11pm CST
It looks really cool, but I'll wait until there's a black repaint. Just canceled my BBTS preorder.
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (828078)
Posted by Powersa on November 4th, 2008 @ 4:49pm CST
Not my thing. The color doesn't match plus it costs more than my Alt Prime.
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (828404)
Posted by Dreadwinglord on November 5th, 2008 @ 1:03am CST
Impressive
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (828550)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 5th, 2008 @ 7:57am CST
Stormrider wrote:What are the little tabs on the outside of the tank for? Does the tank attach to other Binaltechs/Alternators?

The tank clasps to the sides of the trunk.

And not bad at all. A matrix, a holder and a tank that turns into a big gun. Much better than the pistol he normally has :P If the price is right and if I see it somewhere (offline) I may get it.
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (831161)
Posted by Blurrz on November 9th, 2008 @ 1:00pm CST
Damn, that's way too cool to pass up! I might just have to pick that up at BBTS. :)
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (831382)
Posted by Venksta on November 9th, 2008 @ 10:04pm CST
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (831393)
Posted by El Duque on November 9th, 2008 @ 10:18pm CST
Venksta wrote:Hey guys. This is a FansProject item, not TFClub. Their two separate groups. That is like saying Chevy Mustang, or Ford Corvette. :lol:

D'oh! You are absolutely correct. I have no idea why I called it TFClub in the title, my bad.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Movie4 Age Of Extinction Prototype Leader Optimus Prime Loose 100% - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 3 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers  Parts G2 GREEN/PINK MIRAGE MOCK-UP mold  blue weapon - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 6 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers Leader Class GRIMLOCK Age of Extinction AOE Dinobot Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 9 minutes 37 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON CYBERVERSE AUTOBOT  ARK  NEW 2002 - Time Remaining: 28 days 9 hours 12 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Generations Sandstorm - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 17 minutes 54 seconds
Vintage G1 Transformers Stunticon Menasor Motormaster Roller - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 24 minutes 55 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Leader Class Jetfire Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 26 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars- Mega Heroic Maximal B'Boom by Hasbro (MIB) - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 26 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #175 - Bayhem