More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy

More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy

Friday, November 28th, 2008 12:52pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Site Articles
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 13,583

Seibertron.com member ultraconvoy was nice enough to share a few images with us of Lucky Draw Henkei Convoy figure that he recently acquired. As previously reported here, this figure, along with a Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron, were contest figures featured in TV Magazine and are extremely limited in number (estimates have them at at most 10 figures each including prototypes).

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

A very big thank you to ultraconvoy for sharing these with the members of Seibertron.com

Credit(s): ultraconvoy

Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841602)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 28th, 2008 @ 1:07pm CST
Looks like Jazz isn't the only one who's been sneaking out to the Electrum pool again. :P
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841612)
Posted by Overcracker on November 28th, 2008 @ 1:26pm CST
Arghh!!!!, my eyes!!!, it burns!!!!... too bright and shiny....
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841640)
Posted by YRQRM0 on November 28th, 2008 @ 1:58pm CST
Man I hate looking at these it makes me want them soooo bad
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841664)
Posted by Sledge on November 28th, 2008 @ 2:26pm CST
I will never understand the appeal of these things.
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841684)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on November 28th, 2008 @ 2:52pm CST
I hate these things cause i want em and ill never get one. Silver would be better i think but then again im a silver person and not a big fan of gold. Either way it looks sweet.
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841693)
Posted by First Gen on November 28th, 2008 @ 2:59pm CST
Sledge wrote:I will never understand the appeal of these things.

I believe its the rarity of the figure as opposed to that actual gold paint. Most collectors have their gem, and this would definitely be any collectors gem.

That is of course, if said collector has Lucky Draw MP Prime, there's no beating that beauty.
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841696)
Posted by Sledge on November 28th, 2008 @ 3:07pm CST
That's probably why I don't get it. I'll never understand the appeal of owning something just because it's rare. If it's good AND it's rare, brilliant. But I find these gold things rather ugly.
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841739)
Posted by Rocketeer on November 28th, 2008 @ 4:10pm CST
Lucky Draws look OK, but as regular figures they don't look great.
If I had one, I'd probably sell it and buy a bunch of regular figures that I wouldn't be afraid to touch. :mrgreen:
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841764)
Posted by Solrac333 on November 28th, 2008 @ 4:52pm CST
Ooooo! I'll buy the Prime and customize it silver!
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841871)
Posted by TFGnome on November 28th, 2008 @ 9:18pm CST
the glory, the glory! It it BuRns my eyes!
wait....
pink eyes :?:
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841909)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 28th, 2008 @ 11:28pm CST
TFGnome wrote:the glory, the glory! It it BuRns my eyes!
wait....
pink eyes :?:

Hey! Your right! This must really be Nemesis Prime wearing an Autobot symbol and covered in Electrum to disguise himself as Optimus in part of an elaborate scheme to infiltrate the Autobots to give the Decepticons the upper hand in conquering the universe! :P
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841917)
Posted by robofreak on November 29th, 2008 @ 12:15am CST
I'm going to have to side with Sledge on this. I don't understand why everyone is oohing and aahing over this. Sure it's rare, but that chrome is probably so delicate that you can't even tranform it.

Lucky Draws are cool and all, but the chrome they use kills it for me everytime. I'll admit that there are a couple of Lucky Draws that I would'nt mind owning (Black BM Cheetor), but 99% chrome covered figures do nothing for me.

I can't even begin to think about how delicate the chrome on Convoy is. It's Botcon Shockaract all over again.
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841928)
Posted by jduckworth27 on November 29th, 2008 @ 1:24am CST
how much does that thing go for? i'm too lazy to look........but i would take it if i got it for free (which i won't).
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (841929)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 29th, 2008 @ 1:28am CST
Bling Bling!
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (842142)
Posted by Narc on November 29th, 2008 @ 12:06pm CST
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (842153)
Posted by Blurrz on November 29th, 2008 @ 12:45pm CST
rouelxprss wrote:Anyone here know how to get in on this action? I want a shot at getting that bling.

I think they are won in some sort of lottery. Some end up on Ebay, for about $1000+. As amazing as they are, not something i'm willing to get my hands on.
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (842233)
Posted by Narc on November 29th, 2008 @ 2:55pm CST
I know it's a lottery for a TV magazine. Can anyone tell me which magazine it is or how to join in?
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (842362)
Posted by Gandalf on November 29th, 2008 @ 6:53pm CST
Behold! Threepio Prime!

Optimus Midas.

Karatimus Prime.

That figure looks awesome....but I'd like to see it in about 8-10 years, or even less. My Transmetals are severely cracking and flaking. One of these days those rare and valuable Lucky Draws will be just a drab chunk of light-grey plastic once the chrome flakes off.
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (842366)
Posted by Geekee1 on November 29th, 2008 @ 7:05pm CST
I believe Ultraconvoy is still selling the second one that he has. Be prepared to pony up the cash though, although I feel that what he is asking is fair for this piece.
Re: More Pics of Henkei Lucky Draw Convoy (842466)
Posted by RarityofConvoy on November 30th, 2008 @ 12:31am CST
I still have a 2nd one and willing to sell it to anyone who wants it. This is a beautiful toy and the rarity makes it more beautiful.

This Lucky draw is my 2nd favorite. Gold Mp-01 being 1st.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Bundle Rare, Medix, Blades And Blurr Morbot Job Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High tide Boat and figure complete Hightide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chief Charlie Burns Rescue Cutter Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Outback" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron Shining Bumblebee Targetmaster Gun Minicon" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS CODY BURNS Figure, Rescue Axe Variant 2011." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon" on EBAY