More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed

More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 6:54am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 26,961

The Robots in Disguise Combiner team toys are coming! We know the next season will have some four member combiners with the likes of Menasor and a team Bee combiner and we were hoping we would get toys too. Well, a combiner set was found on a Toysrus database, which can be seen below, under the name TF-RID Team Combiner Ast (assortment). It gives us a few clues, the biggest being the price point of $50 in Canadian dollars, which is around the $35-$40 USD price point, which is midway between Powersurge Optimus Prime and the other big Power Surge figures but nowhere near the price point of a combining team done in a deluxe scale. So what we can expect is either a simplified combiner, like ROTF Devastator (done smaller) or a smaller scale combiner, made up of figures the size of the ones found in the battlepacks. Or one deluxe and 4 legends figures. Let us know what you think! This image was given to us by fellow Seibertronian Megazarak.

Transformers News: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed

This article was last modified on Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 9:47am CST

Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854174)
Posted by Kurona on January 24th, 2017 @ 8:57am CST
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854176)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2017 @ 9:14am CST
Kurona wrote:It's also totally possible that this is a smaller, legends-scale Combiner with it coming in a larger scale and hence larger price later - much like ROTF Devastator.

Then again its not far from the price point of 3 legends and a deluxe as a box set. I do foresee this being simlified in some way since I cant think of anything at that price point in RID that wasnt simplified.
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854177)
Posted by Kurona on January 24th, 2017 @ 9:16am CST
william-james88 wrote:

I agree. I do see this as a sort of experiment to see if they can do combiners consistently again after the success of CW.
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854184)
Posted by RAR on January 24th, 2017 @ 9:41am CST
william-james88 wrote:The Robots in Disguise Combiner team toys are coming!

I can't seem to find it but last week I was looking at a site which contained the wave and assortment info for 2017 in the UK (it mentions Trypticon by name for release in the UK) for example and it had that combiner Force boxed set on the list too - I think it was pretty cheap like £30 or £35.00 if I recall.

I thought I mentioned it at the time.
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854185)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2017 @ 9:45am CST
RAR wrote:
william-james88 wrote:The Robots in Disguise Combiner team toys are coming!

I thought I mentioned it at the time.

You didnt, and that would have been some fun info to have. Please find it again for us. £35.00 makes sense since this could easily be a $35 toy in the US and the UK usually matches that by putting a pound sign over the same number.
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854186)
Posted by RAR on January 24th, 2017 @ 9:47am CST
Found part of it :

http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/transf ... dule/12882

Well one of them anyway - there was another one I found with the prices on it too somewhere.
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854187)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2017 @ 9:51am CST
RAR wrote:Found part of it :

http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/transf ... dule/12882

yeah if you can find the one with the prices that would be ideal
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854250)
Posted by RAR on January 24th, 2017 @ 2:03pm CST

I glad I found some of it though and that it was of some use.
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854254)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on January 24th, 2017 @ 2:32pm CST
RAR wrote:I wasn't on my normal computer when I was looking at it so I can't look it up in the history unfortunately - but it was a link I found off the back of some news story on UK toyfair. I've back traced the usual sites and I can't seem to find where I saw it .. sorry about that.

I glad I found some of it though and that it was of some use.

Do you mean this?
http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/01/23/tran ... 017-331403

or this?(if it's this one! you may be mixing things up with the combiner set with Slug)
http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/01/11/new- ... ces-330855
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854259)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 24th, 2017 @ 2:45pm CST
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854267)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2017 @ 3:16pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:If these are smaller combiners we might be seeing a return of the PCC concept, only this time with fully transforming robots that spring into limbs when combined.

Well, as fully transforming as the combiner force combiners we got so far.
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854278)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2017 @ 3:48pm CST
Did any of you miss out on those Robots in Disguise Titan Change Heroes? For those that forgot (since this is from 2015), those were the shampoo bottle type Transformers that actually transformed. They were surprisingly fun and did what they were there to do, pleasing to a much younger audience. There is a review below as a refresher. These are back on the shelves now in case you missed the, packaged under the new Combiner Force subline, and they were found at a Toysrus in long Island by Scottimus Prime. They actually include the Titan change heroes and the older 3 step Sideswipe under the same wave.

Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854311)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on January 24th, 2017 @ 6:44pm CST
I've just seen a press walkabout vid of the London Toyfair & there's an RID poster outside a stall at 12:04mins into the vid(it's very brief), so hopefully tomorrow(or today) when the public are allowed in....someone will be sending pics & vids of what's on display at the RID stall...my guess is....hopefully Menasor will be there(if not....then he'll be at the German one at the start of next month)
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854313)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2017 @ 6:54pm CST
But Hasbro isnt at the show, so wouldnt the RID stuff just be random merch?
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854316)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on January 24th, 2017 @ 7:08pm CST
william-james88 wrote:But Hasbro isnt at the show, so wouldnt the RID stuff just be random merch?

Dunno pal? but hoping when the vids & pics start rolling in that we'll get our first look at the Menasor toy.
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854320)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 24th, 2017 @ 7:43pm CST
In case anyone wanted to see the new art on the Combiner Force released Warrior Grimlock:

Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854321)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 24th, 2017 @ 7:47pm CST
Just remember, the Optimus Prime I reviewed was the second one I got, the first was broken in the box. The arm was snapped clean but held perfectly in place by the ties.
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854323)
Posted by Emerje on January 24th, 2017 @ 7:49pm CST

Yep, if Hasbro isn't there then the toys wont be either. The poster seems to be advertising Cartoon Network products more than anything, there's even a matching Powerpuff Girls poster opposite it, both with big CN logos on them.

Emerje
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854329)
Posted by Wayne2049 on January 24th, 2017 @ 8:08pm CST

The only reason that I've been searching for these Tiny Titans guys is the fact that they brought back some G1 classics. I brushed this off the first time I saw it, but after looking closer and seeing Perceptor, I was sold. I spent... and hour at the store feeling all of the bags, but I've been successful and have gotten: Perceptor, Jazz, Prince Starscream, Windblade, Blaster, Galvatron, and Devastator. You can tell that I only got the ones that are currently known in the IDW comics, and not RID. I also was able to get a card of Inferno and Kickback because some fragging person slit the bags and left them behind.

I honestly hope that whoever did that, at least knows who they got, and not some little kid who has no respect for the meaning behind G1. If I spend hours feeling up the bags (and yes, I was feeling between their legs to try and find Prince Starscream's cape) then they should not be able to do what they did to cheat the rules of this twisted game.

I hate blind bags...
Re: More Robots in Disguise Combiner Toy Sets Are Coming and Price Point Revealed (1854342)
Posted by william-james88 on January 24th, 2017 @ 9:20pm CST
Wayne2049 wrote:I'm sorry to all of you RID fans, but I for one can not stand the Decepticon animal based alt-modes. I find it degrading to a (somewhat) honorable faction.

I get that. But then I remember my favourite group of Decepticons were the Predacons, all ruthless beastial members of the faction which showed why it was so feared. And this beast theme is kept with RID. In any case, get warrior Fracture when you have a chance, he isnt beast themed and is a great Decepticon toy :)
I hate blind bags...

Me too. There are some new ones for the Lego Batman movie and some minifigures are awesome. But if there is no way of knowing what I am getting, then there is no way I am paying $5 everytime.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege & Earthrise Barricade - Nonnef Upgrade Kit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Bluestreak - Custom Nonnef Upgrade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG - (TW4) Wave 4 War for Cybertron: Siege II Omega Supreme Tank" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 C COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Original Transformer Autobots “Trailbreaker" - 1984 - Black 4wd" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #2 A COVER : NM CONDITION" on EBAY