More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream

More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream

Thursday, February 19th, 2015 4:38pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 92,513

Starscream commands one of the most fearsome military units from Cybertron: the Seekers. The squadron has brought him great power and glory, but that means nothing as long as Megatron is the one who rules the Decepticons. Until Starscream can claim that throne, he will have to be content to be king of the Seekers.
The war between Autobot and Decepticon rages on, and with Starscream in the fight, the action gets more intense all the time! This awesome Starscream figure is a massive force for evil in robot mode with a blaster on each arm and an appetite for destruction. But when it’s time for a screaming air assault, he converts to jet mode! Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Starscream figure!

Credit(s): TRU Australia

Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653407)
Posted by ScottyP on February 19th, 2015 @ 4:42pm CST
Personally hoping for a white deco like the old Walmart MP-3 mold release, but not upset if it's dead on identical (or close to identical) to the Takara MP-11. Beautiful rendition of Starscream and great that more folks will have access to it.

I'm a little tired of MP seekers right now though. Been meaning to buy that Takara MP-11SW for awhile and my finger can't pull the trigger.
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653409)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 19th, 2015 @ 4:53pm CST
Eh, I was never able to get MP Starscream, any of them, when they first came out for an alright price. Maybe a U.S reissue/release could be more accessible? Maybe? Probably? I'm asking because MP Prowl.
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653422)
Posted by shajaki on February 19th, 2015 @ 5:46pm CST
Va'al wrote:
megatronus wrote:Hold up... Shajaki posted this?

Shajaki's a news staff now??

:BOWDOWN:
In training. ;)
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653460)
Posted by LE0KING on February 19th, 2015 @ 7:01pm CST
The picture looks more like a generations leader thundercracker repaint...
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653464)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 19th, 2015 @ 7:06pm CST
LE0KING wrote:The picture looks more like a generations leader thundercracker repaint...

There are rumors of both a Leader class starscream from theThundercracker retool, and an American release of MP-11 Starscream.
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653469)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 19th, 2015 @ 7:15pm CST
Va'al wrote:As an update to the previous rumour post regarding a possible Toys'R'Us exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Starscream - also fanned by the IDW comics solicitations for May, showing a new body change for the cunning Decepticon - we have more fuel to add to the fire: the Australian TRU website shows a bio for Starscream, copied below, rather than Leader class Generations Combiner Wars Armada Megatron! Read on, and keep the speculations in the Energon Pub: what do you think, Leader class or Masterpiece?

Sounds more like a masterpiece bio to me.
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653473)
Posted by shajaki on February 19th, 2015 @ 7:24pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:Sounds more like a masterpiece bio to me.
not if you compare it to the leader TC bio.

Get ready for a whole new generation of Transformers mayhem with this incredible Thundercracker figure!

i think we're getting two starscreams, and one is not to be confused with another.
-evidence for MP SS is the product code
-evidence for leader SS is the IDW cover solicits, similar bio of leader TC, and the bio was found under CW leader headline of TRU website
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653480)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 19th, 2015 @ 7:51pm CST

Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653481)
Posted by Desslok2201 on February 19th, 2015 @ 7:54pm CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote:"This awesome Starscream figure is a massive force for evil in robot mode with a blaster on each arm and an appetite for destruction. "

So....he's good for two or three CDs, has a meltdown, and becomes a prima donna?
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653497)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on February 19th, 2015 @ 9:22pm CST
Desslok2201 wrote:

Motto: "You know where you are? You're in the Jungle Planet baby. You're gonna cease to function."
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653501)
Posted by Cobotron on February 19th, 2015 @ 9:31pm CST
Oh he is certainly a prima donna.

Always trying to steal the spot light.
I don't know about the CDs but I think he did a "spoken word" thing with Shatner.
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653508)
Posted by Desslok2201 on February 19th, 2015 @ 10:26pm CST
Cobotron wrote:Oh he is certainly a prima donna.

Always trying to steal the spot light.

I would totally buy that.
MISTER TAMBOURINE MAAAANNNN!!!!!
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653585)
Posted by frogbat on February 20th, 2015 @ 6:32am CST
at this point i'd love a new mp starscream... one designed after the last releases so they can put in practice all they've learnt so far.

I have the original mp3 and whilst he's an excellent figure his colour scheme is a let down plus i managed to break one of his null rays. So i might be in the market for a new one, however I don't think i could justify the outlay since i have all the combiners to get still.

re the generations starscream.. i think it will be amongst the few i will purposely skip. the classics mould is enough for me and i have the jet fire one.

obviously i might change my mind once they release him
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653609)
Posted by ScottyP on February 20th, 2015 @ 8:01am CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I'm asking because MP Prowl.

Thanks to online sales, MP Prowl was certifiably easy to get, imo. Happened to get mine from a store, but I think the price was the only thing keeping the scalping at bay with that one.
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653625)
Posted by Tyrannacon on February 20th, 2015 @ 8:53am CST
I might get this to scale with my Leader Megatron. Though I'd like if this came with an optional crown.
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653646)
Posted by a Cobra Viper on February 20th, 2015 @ 9:35am CST
megatronus wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:I would love to get this from TRU, but their taxes are so high!

Taxes? Try prices... :oops:

I think he might mean the TRU tax. That's what a lot of people call their inflated prices. You have to pay more just because it's TRU and why not.

I will be very excited if this is MP-11. I would like to upgrade my SS to the design it should have had in the first place.
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653718)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 20th, 2015 @ 11:46am CST
ScottyP wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I'm asking because MP Prowl.

Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653758)
Posted by megatronus on February 20th, 2015 @ 1:13pm CST
a Cobra Viper wrote:
megatronus wrote:

Taxes? Try prices... :oops:

Fair enough! The TRU tax is indeed high!

SW's SilverHammer wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I'm asking because MP Prowl.

I think I snagged TRU Prowl when it was on sale for 30-something. Plus, they duplicated my order internally and accidentally sent me 2. Now that was a good deal!
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653787)
Posted by ScottyP on February 20th, 2015 @ 2:30pm CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Yeah that's what i'm kinda worried about because I remember it was either you, or razorclaw who said it was actually cheaper to pay import prices for MP prowl.

Yeah it was about $58 shipped from HLJ for the Takara one iirc, plus I had it a full 18 months or so before the TRU release. At TRU it was $69.99 plus sales tax.
Re: More Speculation Fuel for Generations Combiner Wars Leader Starscream (1653794)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 20th, 2015 @ 2:48pm CST
No room on the shelves. My TRU still has an entire shelf full of that stupid $100 Supreme Cybertron Starscream, and another shelf full of MP Sunstorms that nobody wants. And I'm sure the manager will say "We're not ordering any more MPs until those are sold."

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG 53 Broadside no box" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Blitzwing Titans Return Voyager Class Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Skylynx Earthrise" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS HASBRO TAKARA TOMY TARGETMASTER HEADMASTER HOT ROD LG 45" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blurr #A54 No Weapons Included." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reissue Titan Return Hardhead Walmart Exclusive US Seller in Hand" on EBAY