Transformers News: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger

Monday, November 6th, 2017 1:50PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,872

It appears to be one of those days in the Transformers fandom, as we have some more images from the upcoming Power of the Primes line from Hasbro, after the previous post showcasing the two Leaders from wave 1 (Optimus Prime and Rodimus Prime) and the voyager class Grimlock.

In this new update, which is totally not another leak, we have some more Dinobot imagery (in addition to the first official stock images we first saw back here) for Deluxes Slug and Swoop, plus Legends Slash in package, and fellow Legend class Beachcomber and Windcharger too. They're followed by some additional leader class Optimus and Rodimus in various poses and for both the evolved modes and the deluxe-ish Orion Pax and Hot Rod, plus including Prime Masters and collector cards. Check them all out below, and join the conversation in the Energon Pub!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920233)
Posted by Va'al on November 6th, 2017 @ 2:03pm CST

Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920237)
Posted by KVO Prime on November 6th, 2017 @ 2:31pm CST
3 things:

1. Why could they not make Optimus Prime's hands BLUE? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?? lol..
2. Why is Rodimus Prime's Spoiler Wing so DINKY? REALLY??
3. This just makes me sad about Grimlock, BUT for the price points that they'll be... I guess it's the best of what we've seen so far. Although I'm sure Takara will put out superior decos on all of the toys so I'll maybe wait for those ones... Although I'll probably get Hasbro's Shattered Glass Rodimus
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920255)
Posted by Yet.Another.Autobot on November 6th, 2017 @ 3:15pm CST
Beachcomber looks like an absolute must have, on par with the Titans Return Brawn.

The more I see images of this Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime, the more I continue to grow enamored with him & want Santa to help him get to my house this holiday I-) He is so close to what I would call a Perfect Rodimus that I can easily forgive the loss of the Battle Trailer the original had!

I am also looking forward to Slash, if only to have just as many Dinobots as I do Protectobots for a head-to-head battle royale :-D
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920256)
Posted by Skritz on November 6th, 2017 @ 3:17pm CST
I'm really torn on those figures: on one hand, that Optimus Robot mode is near spot-on safe for some coloration but his cab looks a bit off and wrong. Meanwhile, Rodimus is the opposite, suffering from a wonky 'super robot' mode. Yet, at the same time, I'm in the minority of people who actually find the gimmick of power up interesting.

I'm not sure: will they be better once in hand? :-?
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920261)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 6th, 2017 @ 3:31pm CST
Ugh....**sigh**...i dunno :???: there seems to be so much hatred for these things :(

Optimus looks ok I guess

& I'll probably hold off and get Rodimus Unicronus

& for the rest...i'll wait n see the Takara repaints ect,before I decide on those ;)
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920263)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on November 6th, 2017 @ 3:37pm CST
I'm the opposite of most people. I love the look of Optimus and cannot wait for Rodimus. However, I have absolutely zero interest in Rodimus Unicronus. I'm got rid of all my Shattered Glass stuff a while ago and the head sculpt on that Rodimus looks horrible.
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920266)
Posted by Marcdachamp on November 6th, 2017 @ 3:45pm CST
When, oh when, will Hasbro give me a G2 colors Beachcomber?
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920289)
Posted by Prime Target on November 6th, 2017 @ 6:38pm CST
It appears the leaders are going for a Masterpiece like look as I can definantly see some influence from MP 09 and MP 10 , With varying degrees of success. Optimus is where it's most obvious other than the missing smokestacks , Trailer and cab combine into robot , Orion, inferior deco and the gimmick it's a straight copy paste of MP 10. I'm not sure about this as by far my favourite figure is my $300 dollar MP 10 (DAMN YOU AUSTRALIAN PRICES! :-x ) he was worth it , but I don't think a $65-$70 dollar leader is ever gonna beat him as the best G1 OP. Saying that however they'res a lot to like here Orion is the most toon accurate he's ever been (god I can't wait to see what Takara does to him) and While I said the deco was inferior to the figure he's probably based on , and it is, judging by the stock photos at least it's surprisingly well detailed for a retail release figure these days , hell the last retail figure to look this well decoed is TLK Cogman. i'm curious enough to pick him up.

Beachcomber and Slash are must buys

Rodimus is a different story however. While I appreciate the guns due to their faithfulness to the source material and they can still combine for Roddy the combined figure in bot mode leaves a lot to be desired with those unsightly gaps in the arms.
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920294)
Posted by bvzxa on November 6th, 2017 @ 6:54pm CST
Now the Dinobots will be too small for my CHUG collection. So I will have to invest in the rest of GCreations since I do have their version of Sludge so far.

As for Rodimus, they took cues from Fansproject's Protector 100% as far as vehicle mode, but that Robot mode...no.

As for Optimus Im buying it only for the Orion Pax inner robot as well as I am buying Rodimus for the inner Hot Rod. This will be a hit/miss line for me. I will cautiously watch how the Takara paint jobs will roll out.
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920308)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 6th, 2017 @ 8:46pm CST
I'm really looking forward that Optimus and Rodimus. :x
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920321)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 6th, 2017 @ 9:58pm CST
You know, it just hit me. I think I might know why Swoop has a toy-accurate black helmet with his cartoon-accurate blue chest instead of a cartoon-accurate red helmet.

It's because this is the mainpic of his Wiki page:

Which leads me to another realization. With Swoop having a blue chest and a black helmet, not only does that make his deco accurate to neither the original toy nor the cartoon, but it also winds up making him coincidentally similar to the most unexpected of Swoop decos: The deco of Energon Swoop.

Transformers Energon Swoop Gallery
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920323)
Posted by Burn on November 6th, 2017 @ 10:13pm CST
Marcdachamp wrote:When, oh when, will Hasbro give me a G2 colors Beachcomber?

I'm still waiting for Outback from Brawn!
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920324)
Posted by Seibertron on November 6th, 2017 @ 10:14pm CST
Burn wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:When, oh when, will Hasbro give me a G2 colors Beachcomber?

I'm still waiting for Outback from Brawn!

How about Hubcap and Cliffjumper, and maybe even Bumblejumper!
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920325)
Posted by Emerje on November 6th, 2017 @ 10:16pm CST
I'm a few days behind here, but this comment had me scratching my head.

King Kuuga wrote:Or they could make him a giant spaceship like the Animated or WFC versions. Or they could do a giant battle train like Energon.

So I have to ask, if you're so against Omega Supreme breaking up into a bunch of different parts then why are you OK with the Energon figure? Sure, it can be turned into a single train, but not without removing the head and splitting the figure into a battleship and construction-thing first.

I think it is possible to make a convincing G1-style Omega that can break down into his three core parts without the tiny parts. For example they could have the forearms not separate from the upper arms and shoulders (and therefore not being part of the tank) and have both the left and right sides connected through a part that runs through the torso. The whole thing then can collapse inside the forearms creating a single cohesive rocket. The rest I'm sure can be worked out with enough swing arms and pivots to get everything where it needs to be without being disconnected. I don't really see a problem with the tracks being removed, but I think there's a work around.

On a side note, there was a comment about Scorponok having a scorpion backpack.

Uh, what? It's just the tail and legs and they aren't even obtrusive.

Emerje
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920326)
Posted by Skritz on November 6th, 2017 @ 10:16pm CST
I wonder if POTP will have boxset or if those have been axed for good.
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920329)
Posted by Emerje on November 6th, 2017 @ 10:25pm CST
Burn wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:When, oh when, will Hasbro give me a G2 colors Beachcomber?

I'm still waiting for Outback from Brawn!

It was in the leaks for wave 3 (along with Cindersaur, a repaint of Slash), but it was just a brown Brawn. Hopefully that was just an early moc up and the final figure will have a new head, it would be weird if that mold only had one head tied to it.

Emerje
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920333)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 6th, 2017 @ 10:58pm CST
Emerje wrote:
Burn wrote:
Marcdachamp wrote:When, oh when, will Hasbro give me a G2 colors Beachcomber?

I'm still waiting for Outback from Brawn!

Emerje

I'm pretty sure it was a mockup like most of post Wave 2. Shame though, I wanted Rollbar to complement Roadburn.
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920342)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 7th, 2017 @ 12:53am CST
Well I'm still waiting on a Titan Class sized Optimus Prime ;) coz they need to start giving us other characters other than just basebots & combiners in Titan Class size

I mean some people have even suggested that Broadside should've been Titan Class

or how about Overlord? do you think that he should've been Titan Class?
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920351)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 7th, 2017 @ 7:11am CST
Stuartmaximus wrote:Well I'm still waiting on a Titan Class sized Optimus Prime ;)
Rescue Bots has one in the 2-foot-tall Epic Optimus Prime. ;)
Re: More Stock Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Slug, Swoop, Slash, Beachcomber, Windcharger (1920352)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on November 7th, 2017 @ 7:13am CST
aye but that's RB! I was thinking something more detailed

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS 3 in 3D blu ray DARK OF MOON nimoy OPTIMUS PRIME bumblebee IRONHIDE - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 18 minutes
Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 45 minutes 17 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HASBRO COMMEMORATIVE SERIES VII G1 REISSUE RODIMUS PRIME MISB - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 46 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Volkswagen Beetle Bumblebee Spike - Time Remaining: 2 days 15 hours 59 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME vs MEGATRON Heroes LEGENDS Cybertron Convoy MINICON - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 59 minutes 44 seconds
Hasbro Transformers 3 Megatron Voyager Class DOTM Movie Dark Of The Moon T3V02 - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 12 seconds
3 Changing Style Transformers Titans Return Voyager Blunderbuss & Broadside Toy - Time Remaining: 8 days 1 hour 3 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Minicon Micron Armada Clear Sureshock Campaign Item - Time Remaining: 22 days 19 hours 8 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent