More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock

More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock

Saturday, May 15th, 2010 8:46am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 43,490

Seems like the Hasbro version of Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock has surfaced and is now available in the Chinese toy market, as multiple Transformers collectors overseas have gotten their hands on this leader of the Dinobots. Actoys forum member 红银蓝 has posted images of Grimlock, an interesting point is that Hasbro's Masterpiece Grimlock has sharp teeth and claws.

Check out the original thread here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

Credit(s): Actoys member 红银蓝

This article was last modified on Saturday, May 15th, 2010 10:37am CDT

Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074676)
Posted by Diem on May 15th, 2010 @ 8:51am CDT
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074677)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 15th, 2010 @ 8:55am CDT
Diem wrote:The Hasbro version comes with the crown? That's gonna cause some ruffled feathers among people who bought the Takara version...

Screw the crown, I want the tray and apron, for more iconic.

This looks excellent, I hope it will be available over here.
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074679)
Posted by vegetacron on May 15th, 2010 @ 9:01am CDT
Any chance of the following:

- US Retail Date?
- Retail Price?
- Stores carrying the item?
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074680)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 15th, 2010 @ 9:03am CDT
Will this be coming out before July? If so, my birthday's coming up, and he'd make a great Autobot counterpart for my Masterpiece Skywarp. :grin: :BOT: :APPLAUSE: Can't wait for it to come out in retail! :APPLAUSE:
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074681)
Posted by Prime Riblet on May 15th, 2010 @ 9:03am CDT
I hope it comes to Minnesota. I am really glad that I passed on the Takara version just as long as I can get my hands on this.
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074683)
Posted by Forgotten on May 15th, 2010 @ 9:12am CDT
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074687)
Posted by HighPrime on May 15th, 2010 @ 9:27am CDT

Really? I didn't realize it would be that big of a deal. Never really considered the inclusion or omission of the crown a factor in my buying decision for this one.

I already have both TT versions, and the paint apps are just different enough for me to pick the Hasbro version up, as well. In fact, the Hasbro version looks to be the best out of the 3 if these photos are any indication of how production will turn out :APPLAUSE:
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074688)
Posted by HighPrime on May 15th, 2010 @ 9:29am CDT
vegetacron wrote:Any chance of the following:

- US Retail Date?
- Retail Price?
- Stores carrying the item?

I don't know about the first 2 Qs, but this is supposed to be a TRU exclusive. That was announced in February of this year.
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074697)
Posted by Megazarak on May 15th, 2010 @ 11:00am CDT
I am really liking this figure. For $69.99 (Canadian) it's pretty expensive, but from what I can tell, it'll definitely be worth it.
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074698)
Posted by WolfDawg on May 15th, 2010 @ 11:03am CDT

As for the figure, I'll definitely purchase it on sight. TRU tends to be really good with getting their exclusives (as opposed to Walmart and Target).
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074711)
Posted by craggy on May 15th, 2010 @ 12:25pm CDT
looks brilliant!
will buy this when I see it

WolfDawg wrote:I'm sure it's a dumb question, but I really wonder how these supposed US exclusives ALWAYS end up in the Chinese market months before the American release. Same thing happened with the Hasbro Toy Shop Exclusives a few years ago.

well, they're made in china. i guess these are test figures for final approval
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074713)
Posted by waaaaghlord on May 15th, 2010 @ 12:26pm CDT
Oh so glad I waited. Looks to have the best of both the previous versions (crown and no "comics" blue) with rather spiffing paint, and for a cheaper price tag. Plus as a TRU exclusive it's got a fair chance of making it to UK retail (we lucked out with Skywarp getting picked up by Argos when Walmart didn't see fit to put it out on the shelves of their Asda chain over here, no such luck with the Walmart Universe ultras as yet).

Sold.
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074722)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on May 15th, 2010 @ 12:55pm CDT
That looks sweet. I have the TT version, and I will buy this one as well.
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074723)
Posted by Blurrz on May 15th, 2010 @ 12:58pm CDT
A figure for the ages. Definitely have to pick it up if I see it. I'm glad Hasbro provides an option for those who don't tend to deal with buying figures from overseas.
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074727)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 15th, 2010 @ 1:03pm CDT
Agreed, Blurrz. This almost makes me confident that if there is indeed an MP Rodimus this year, I might be okay waiting for a domestic release. Maybe.

Forgotten wrote:Looks pretty good. I'd like to know US retail info as well. But I would also like to know if this version has the diecast content that the Takara version has. The heft is one of the deciding factors for me.

There's not really a lot of diecast in the Takara one, it's just his dino toes, codpiece, shoulder joints, and two internal chest frame parts. I guess that's still more than Megatron and the Seekers. But so far the diecast content for the domestic MPs has been the same, there's no reason to believe Grimlock will be different. From the looks of these images, I don't think you have worry.
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074760)
Posted by frogbat on May 15th, 2010 @ 2:34pm CDT
i'm definitely goin to try and get my grubby lil paws on this one. Wanted the previous release but it was too expensive. So much so that I have a collection tub for small change on my desk at work with a picture of this toy on it...

One interesting thing bout this masterpiece is that it is perhaps the closest to the original toy compared to the other 3 masterpieces (OP, Megatron and Starscream) - perhaps it's due to the original cartoon model not being so far away from the toy as the others were.
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074776)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on May 15th, 2010 @ 3:35pm CDT
This looks awesome but I already have the Takara version and don't see enough different to have two.
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074789)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 15th, 2010 @ 4:12pm CDT
The crown... always just looked dumb to me. It'd be in the box if the Takara version I got came with it. *Shrugs*
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074794)
Posted by 10thEnemyHasTheBomb on May 15th, 2010 @ 4:32pm CDT
Stupid question time: The crown does come off, right?
Re: More Toy Images of Hasbro Version MP Grimlock (1074798)
Posted by Rated X on May 15th, 2010 @ 4:40pm CDT
Thank you Hasbro !!!

All of us in the USA appreciate every time you go against the grain and bring out releases for everyone to enjoy. Hoping for an Mp Thundercracker from Wal-Mart in the future. :D

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #284 - Welcome to 2010
"Welcome to 2010"
Posted: Sunday, September 12th, 2021

Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers - Autobots Mini:  Beachcomber & Warpath" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Lights & Sound Bumblebee Rescue Guard" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commanders Bulkhead & Predaking NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise War for Cybertron Soundbarrier Battlemaster WFC-E1 New" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 Hasbro Transformers G1 Beachcomber Autobot mini vehicle" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Battle Master - Slitherfang" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Buzzworthy High Octane Autobot Bumblebee Decepticon Stinger Set NIB" on EBAY
Buy "ALPHA TRION AND WEIRDWOLF. Sealed Botcon 2007 Exclusive by Hasbro. Transformers" on EBAY