More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump

Transformers News: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump

Friday, November 3rd, 2017 4:55AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 23,501

We return to comics artist Robert Sikoryak, whose Transformers-related work we first saw here, for his next project - of a more political bend than the previous Terms and Conditions adaptation, to say the least: The Unquotable Trump. With throwbacks to 90s comics such as Godzilla, 300, Black Widow and Transformers: Generation 2, among many others, Sikoryak has used quotes from the current president of the US on drawings that portray him as a (mostly villainous) character in those books - giving us the likes of Trumpzilla, Trump SuspenStories, The Unquotable Trump, and Trumpsformers: Generalization 1! Take a look below at the Jhiaxus portrayal and an explanation of the process, and find out more here.

After the November 2016 election, Robert Sikoryak felt an urge he couldn’t resist. Referring to the victory of Donald Trump, the award-winning cartoonist says “I really just wanted to put something out in the world that just said, ‘I object.’” That work is The Unquotable Trump, a collection that uses some of the president’s most infamous utterances on classic comic book covers.

[..]

When I began the project, I only wanted to focus on what he said that was objectionable while he was running for president. So after I made that mini and was expanding into the book, I was trying to touch on other topics that he covered, other opinions that he expressed that ran the gamut of what someone running for president might say. I’m really kind of fascinated by 90's “mainstream” comics, the density of the drawing, the attitude, and all of the radicalness of them and I thought this quote was a good summation of his military policy. Saying he was the most militaristic person in the room, he always has to be the best one, or the “most” one.

And this Transformers character [Commander Jhiaxus], he’s actually a character who’s outside the Decepticons and the Autobots. He’s from a third group, a different faction that’s completely untrustworthy. I was like “Yeah, that sounds like [Trump]!” I was really happy I chose that character because i didn’t want to put him in the place of one of the Autobots. I really wanted him to be either the villain or the loose cannon. Most of the covers work that way. There’s probably a few I’ve misconstrued, but I hope that if you had the original context, you’d be like, “Oh, I get it” with regard to his relationship to the characters.
Credit(s): io9

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919644)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 3rd, 2017 @ 5:20am CDT
Trump as Jhiaxus? That's actually not a bad analogy. But then who is the Liege Maximo? Also, it would have been even better if he replaced Megatron with Obama or Hillary. :lol: It would have been accurate, anyway.
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919647)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on November 3rd, 2017 @ 6:52am CDT
I think that Trump was clearly in mind with IDW's most recent take on Sentinel Prime: he's a giant orange guy who looses his head, wants to make Cybertron "great again" by getting rid of the colonists &
Decepticons (immigrants), and was generally seen by most as a douche.
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919648)
Posted by Caelus on November 3rd, 2017 @ 6:55am CDT
That just looks like he photshopped the old comic. Not really what I'd consider an homage.

Plus the quote he chose would be so much better coming from G1 Starscream.

Edit: Although it sort of makes sense if the G1 Decepticons are supposed to be the GOP and the G2 Decepticons are the Alt Right.
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919649)
Posted by No One on November 3rd, 2017 @ 7:07am CDT
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919650)
Posted by Moonshot on November 3rd, 2017 @ 7:23am CDT
MR Optimus Prime wrote:Thank you R. Sikoryak for making Transformers look like an IDIOTIC comic. Thank you Seibertron even more for sinking so low as to post about it.

Yeah I know. I am expecting a mod to post in here to knock off all the political stuff any second. Oh wait, lol.
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919652)
Posted by primalxconvoy on November 3rd, 2017 @ 8:05am CDT

Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919653)
Posted by Microraptor on November 3rd, 2017 @ 8:13am CDT
Consider me amused! At least it's not another #4 homage.
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919656)
Posted by Super Megatron on November 3rd, 2017 @ 8:53am CDT
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919657)
Posted by Super Megatron on November 3rd, 2017 @ 8:54am CDT

I know, right? Trump is NOT Jhiaxus - he's more Optimus Prime, if anything.
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919658)
Posted by Skritz on November 3rd, 2017 @ 8:58am CDT
Edit: Screw this, I'm editing out my post.
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919659)
Posted by gothsaurus on November 3rd, 2017 @ 9:02am CDT
Glad to see this posted. It's still transformers news in spite of the divisive topic. I thought it was really well done. Like him or not, his phrasing does sound like 1980s comic book dialogue written on a pre-teen reading level.
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919664)
Posted by joevill on November 3rd, 2017 @ 9:47am CDT
this is awesome! :michaelbay:
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919666)
Posted by Seibertron on November 3rd, 2017 @ 10:02am CDT
Super Megatron wrote:

I know, right? Trump is NOT Jhiaxus - he's more Optimus Prime, if anything.

You're joking, right? I don't recall Optimus Prime ever saying anything about grabbing women by the pussy, or Trump's relentless bullying of people, calling others losers, "liddle", or worse yet ... calling our fellow Americans "sons of bitches", supports racist views, and the never ending amazing list of horrible things that man has said or done.

Please don't diminish the good image of Optimus Prime by comparing him to that disgraceful man who is soiling the legacy of the Presidency. Trump is an extreme embarrassment to all of us Americans and our country. Hopefully we don't get nuked because of his inability to keep his mouth shut.

In case you need a reminder, here are a few more outrageous and idiotic things Trump has said:
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919671)
Posted by Randomhero on November 3rd, 2017 @ 10:34am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Super Megatron wrote:

I know, right? Trump is NOT Jhiaxus - he's more Optimus Prime, if anything.

I seem to remember that episode in the 80s where Optimus was in a quintesson court with sexual allegations from Elita-1
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919676)
Posted by n10zguy on November 3rd, 2017 @ 10:39am CDT
Super Megatron wrote:Trump is Optimus Prime and they should had colored him in red, white, and blue instead.

I must have missed the issue where Prime became nothing more than an Alpha whiny little douche who is ineffective and blames everyone else for his own shortcomings.
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919691)
Posted by Randomhero on November 3rd, 2017 @ 12:06pm CDT
n10zguy wrote:

It was the same issue he built a wall to keep junkions out
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919693)
Posted by ricemazter on November 3rd, 2017 @ 12:27pm CDT
Super Megatron wrote:

I know, right? Trump is NOT Jhiaxus - he's more Optimus Prime, if anything.

Ugh, just...just no, dude. I'm sure other people will explain why, but just no.
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919696)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 3rd, 2017 @ 1:00pm CDT
Moonshot wrote:

There wasn't a need for mod intervention. Calm discussion is welcomed and encouraged, regardless of topic. Just make sure it doesn't degenerate into a flame war. Everyone has his/her own opinion, respect that individual's right to express it.

Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919697)
Posted by Black Hat on November 3rd, 2017 @ 1:07pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Personally, I'm not offended by Trump and the stuff he says, but I do understand why some people are. I wish he was a little more thoughtful considering the position he's in, but I'll take a loudmouth over a conniving manipulator like Hillary or Obama any day.

This, pretty much. Trump may be a blowhard, but there are worse things to be. And if we're talking "Stupid things politicians have said" how about Hillary ranting that her supporters weren't working hard enough, and that anyone who opposed her was a "Deplorable"?

Politicians are, with very few exceptions, colossal douchebags. White, black, man, woman, whatever- they're all liars and cheats.
Re: More Transformers Homage in Robert Sikoryak's The Unquotable Trump (1919703)
Posted by Madeus Prime on November 3rd, 2017 @ 1:33pm CDT

I need a full sized copy ASAP.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 1 VOL.3 #0 PAT LEE GALVATRON VARIANT DREAMWAVE COMICS - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 6 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Cybertron BLURR New RARE w DVD Planet Key - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 10 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Prime Titan 6" Figure - Megatron - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION VOYAGER SCORN - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 24 minutes 6 seconds
TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION VOYAGER DECEPTICON NITRO - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 39 minutes 35 seconds
VINTAGE TRANSFORMERS G1 THUNDER CLASH TURBOMASTER EUROPEAN FIGURE - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 56 minutes 43 seconds
BUMBLEBEE; Transformers G2 Go-Bots; MOC, Gobot Gobots Go-Bot; 1994 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 1 day 9 hours 56 minutes 51 seconds
TRANSFORMERS UK COMPLETE LOT OF 9 TITAN BOOKS; NM/MT & UNREAD Legacy of Unicron, - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 56 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent