More treats from the Hasbro Briefing Binder

More treats from the Hasbro Briefing Binder

Wednesday, January 5th, 2011 11:28am CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, People News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 79,707

Jim Sorenson has updated his blog, Disciples of Boltax, for the last time with material from the Hasbro Briefing Binder.
We have mirrored the post minus the images, to visit the original post click here and to download the Briefing Binder click here.

As promised, the last part of the Hasbro Briefing Binder. These pages were loose and in the front of the binder.

The most interesting bits here are the more finalized character model for Chip Chase, which I featured yesterday on the blog as an Ark Addendum, and a section on the 1985 products coming down the pike. In addition to the usual suspects, four (yup, four) Dinobots, Shockwave, Insecticons, Constructicons, etc, we get the following:

DELUXE VEHICLES (No information as yet)
Tank
Helicopter
Jeep

BATTERY OPERATED VEHICLES
4 Wheel Drive
Remote Control Jeep

The Helicopter and Jeep became Roadbuster and Whirl, from the SPECIAL ARMORED BATALLION DORVACK line. Presumably, then, that would make the tank the VT-61 LC Bonaparte Tulcas. It's a pretty funky looking vehicle, so it's not hard to imagine why they left it off.

As for the 4 Wheel Drive and the Remote Control Jeep, your guess is as good as mine. Do we know more about the company behind this? I feel like I've heard this before. Perhaps there's some extra information in here that can give us more insight into the Transformers toys that weren't. Surely they were developed by some other company and (nearly) licensed.

Anyway, that concludes the Hasbro Briefing Binder. I'll do my best to bring you more next week. Until then, adieu.

Credit(s): Jim Sorenson

This article was last modified on Wednesday, January 5th, 2011 12:18pm CST

Re: More treats from the Hasbro Briefing Binder (1165728)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 5th, 2011 @ 12:06pm CST
I'm curious to see if the Battery operated vehicles are the ones that I have. I have a vehicle VERY similar to Trailbreaker in his truck mode. Almost exact same style and identical paintjob. Easy to transform and when you stand him up and flip the switch on his back he walks all by himself. I also have an R/C van (not wireless) in the same vehicle style as Ironhide/Ratchet, but in Trailbreakers paint scheme, that transforms on its own when you toggle one of the remotes levers. Very simplistic. Neither one of them is accessible right now or I would check them to see which company/companies manufactured them. It would not surprise me at all to find out that these items were discarded Hasbro ideas picked up by someone else.
Re: More treats from the Hasbro Briefing Binder (1165733)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 5th, 2011 @ 12:16pm CST
Re: More treats from the Hasbro Briefing Binder (1165735)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 5th, 2011 @ 12:21pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:Can someone explain what this is? IS this referring to new products coming out, or is this old information from 1985?

This is old stuff from 85.
Re: More treats from the Hasbro Briefing Binder (1165763)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on January 5th, 2011 @ 1:31pm CST
My guess is that the remote control vehicles are either these:

http://www.tfu.info/1985/Autobot/Eletri ... sporte.htm

or these: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Pick-Up_%28Bat-Rob%C3%B4%29

Both were released in South America as official Transformer characters.
Re: More treats from the Hasbro Briefing Binder (1165773)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on January 5th, 2011 @ 1:52pm CST
Black Bumblebee wrote:My guess is that the remote control vehicles are either these:

http://www.tfu.info/1985/Autobot/Eletri ... sporte.htm

or these: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Pick-Up_%28Bat-Rob%C3%B4%29

Both were released in South America as official Transformer characters.

I'm reckoning it's the Estrela Eletrix Jipe/Jeep rather than the Esporte - but I was thinking the same thing B_B!

Here's a link for some info on the whole range:
http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/ ... etrix.html

EDIT:
Ah, the Tulcas, love that stumpy little fella!
Re: More treats from the Hasbro Briefing Binder (1165906)
Posted by amtm on January 5th, 2011 @ 8:49pm CST
"he is prone to numerous mechanical failures as the bugs in his system are worked out"

So apparently as stupid as the ROTF treatment of Jetfire was, it had a precedent in 1984.

And although I can't make it out, I'm guessing what's crossed out so many times under "JETfire" is "Skyfire."

Interesting stuff on the Constructicons and Insecticons, too. Had no idea what a LAMELLICORN was or that Shrapnel was one.

Which autobot does "Wrecker" refer to?
Re: More treats from the Hasbro Briefing Binder (1166041)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 6th, 2011 @ 10:06am CST
Dai_Ceefax wrote:

http://www.tfu.info/1985/Autobot/Eletri ... sporte.htm

or these: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Pick-Up_%28Bat-Rob%C3%B4%29

Both were released in South America as official Transformer characters.

Here's a link for some info on the whole range:
http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/ ... etrix.html

EDIT:
Ah, the Tulcas, love that stumpy little fella!

Checked out all the links, including the ones provided on the websites that would lead to "knock-off" and the R/C van that I have, while operating on the same principle as these little guys, is considerably bigger. Likewise, I found nothing that resembled the walking Trailbreaker-like truck that I have either. This leaves me with the dilemma of either starting the arduous task of hunting pictures of them down on the 'Net or having to go out to my storage and dig out the box they are in and photographing them. Given the fact that it's raining, I guess I'll be web surfing for a while...

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Universe Sunstreaker With Reprolabels" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe WFC-E20 Smokescreen" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE MINI CON DEPLOYERS FRACTURE AIRAZOR MISB 2014" on EBAY
Buy "New Authentic Transformers Combiner Wars Defensor Lot of 7. Protectobots MISB." on EBAY
Buy "Brand New Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game Series 1 Mirage L@@K!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Combiner Wars Deluxe Smokescreen" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Combiner Wars Legends Rodimus loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the primes POTP Leader Rodimus Prime" on EBAY