Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices

Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices

Thursday, September 24th, 2020 3:35am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 28,080

Well only about a month has passed since Movie Masterpiece Starscream went on sale at Target, the exclusive distributor in the U.S. Even so, we have word from Seibertronians Hellscream9999 and Sowndwave76 that he's already on clearance pricing, for $74.99, or half off his MSRP of $149.99. Photo proof is provided below.

Transformers News: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices

What do you think this represents? A quick clear out to make room for MPM-11 Ratchet, who's due out next week? A different conclusion altogether? Feel free to speculate away below!

Credit(s): Hellscream1999; Sowndwave76

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081333)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 24th, 2020 @ 4:40am CDT
I have absolutely no clue WTF Target is thinking. The Holidays season is just around the corner, Black Friday is not even here yet, and that MPM Starscream JUST came out.

SO WHY PUT ON CLEARANCE A NEW THING? :HEADHURTS:

Clearance is meant to get rid of old shelf clogger or overstock. There will be a few lucky fans who will be able to get their MPM Starscream at that price but we all know it will only benifit scalpers.

Meanwhile, those like me who ordered from Amazon.jp are still waiting, Canadians get the shaft with their 230$CAN pricetag, Quebec get screwed as usual, and Age-3-And-Up (and especially their consumers) must be pretty PISSED.
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081335)
Posted by Ravage2031 on September 24th, 2020 @ 5:01am CDT
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081337)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 24th, 2020 @ 5:05am CDT
Ravage2031 wrote:I'm going to carry my old receipt for when I paid full price and if I see it for $75 buy it and return it for full price. Yeah, maybe a dick move but $75 is $75.

Not a "dick move" at all. It's the RIGHT thing to do. As long that you are in within the legal time limit. You just have to return with your receipt and they refund the difference.

The "specials window" in Quebec is 2 weeks or a month (I think) but with Toys R Us Club R, it's 3 months. That's why I don't hesitate buying things full price at TrU because the special price always come sooner or later. Now I'm waiting with my Skylinx receipt.
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081341)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 24th, 2020 @ 6:54am CDT
They probably realised it's a mass factory defect from having missing thrusters in jet mode and that's why they reduced it :) Version 2.5 to follow for a reasonable $300 :P
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081350)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on September 24th, 2020 @ 8:28am CDT
That’s an awesome deal! I’d love to pick it up but after buying SS Scavenger, Jetfire, ROTF Megatron, and Leadfoot all in a short time span I’ve depleted my Transformers budget for quite a while.
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081358)
Posted by o.supreme on September 24th, 2020 @ 10:01am CDT

Target obviously backed the wrong horse on this one. I have been seeing this MPM everywhere, while Scorponok is extremely hard to find. I myself have never personally seen it on a store shelf, though I have seen it's price marker and shelf space reserved for it at a few stores. (I fought with 2 levels of management to get the one I have out of the back room, and my daughter actually saw one on another occasion, no other sightings since).... Imagine if Scorponok was available only 25% as often as MPM Starscream, Target would be be making quite a bit of profit, and certainly no reason to go on clearance.
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081368)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 24th, 2020 @ 11:13am CDT
o.supreme wrote:I really wanted to comment about this earlier, but now is the perfect time. I know that as far as high priced toys go comparing ER Scorponok and MPM Starscream isn't exactly the same but c'mon...

I feel kinda bad, but at least they're out here trying to be more collector friendly, way more than I will ever be able to say for wal mart or the like; but as far as comparisons to scorponok goes, I think you're right, there is way more interest in him than mpm starscream, except starscream takes up way less space on the shelf
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081398)
Posted by zatara1701 on September 24th, 2020 @ 12:52pm CDT
Target is already pretty collector friendly... They might have done better to place it in the collector section instead of the toys... Plus, let's be honest, while Masterpiece TF's are still coole per see, they have gotten quite pricey. Hell, even at $75 I wouldn't pull the trigger.

While I have a decent number of MP's in my collection, I have shyed away from them simply because I would rather spend a fraction of the money on a cool toy that looks good, still has playability and I will not freak out if it takes a tumble off it's shelf from my dogs, my son or any other unfortunate accident. And while I cannot speak for everyone, I know I still like being able to "play" with my toys from time to time... taking 30 minutes to an hour to transform something sucks the fun out of it.

$400 for Prime also sucked the spirit out of it... Lack of variety sucked the fun out of them... How many times are we going to redo OP and Starscream?? Then you have half a dozen versions of the same toy after that to clog the line up. Being from a retail background, the reason it is one clearance is probably because they do not have any more in the pipeline... If the supply has been exhausted then they want to clear that shelf space to make room for other stuff. They should still put it with all the collector toys and such near the electronics area if they want to sell them and retain the profit... sad part is they are probably still making a chunk of change off $75. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081402)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 24th, 2020 @ 1:17pm CDT
I actually want to pull 2 things from your comment to address in at least Starscream's case
zatara1701 wrote:Masterpiece TF's are still coole per see, they have gotten quite pricey. Hell, even at $75 I wouldn't pull the trigger.

While MPs have gotten really pricey, the MPMs are still around the old day prices. Megatron and Starscream were the first to break the $100 retail price point (Prime and Ironhide were $99.99), and they have been worth that price. They've been impressively sized and intricate, I don't have a problem with the MPM prices. Other MPs, that's a different story.
zatara1701 wrote:I know I still like being able to "play" with my toys from time to time... taking 30 minutes to an hour to transform something sucks the fun out of it.

I also have to take this point to further discuss MPM-8 Megatron and MPM-10 Starscream. Both of them are large toys but also still fun toys. 2nd time transforming him, I had MPM-10 down to a 7 minute conversion. MPM Megatron is similarly as time consuming. Neither are finnicky in any real way, and both form solid modes. I would argue they use the fun factor to their advantage, and I hope Ratchet heads that way too. Jazz was a little more complex, but still not time consuming either, main thing is getting his forearms and feet right going either direction
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081415)
Posted by hausjam on September 24th, 2020 @ 2:27pm CDT
They knocked 50% off because only 50% of the two modes is worth paying for.
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081427)
Posted by meanguns on September 24th, 2020 @ 5:48pm CDT
Go one! It wasn't $150 good, but is definitely $75 good.
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081449)
Posted by hausjam on September 24th, 2020 @ 7:57pm CDT
High quality.

Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081452)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 24th, 2020 @ 8:18pm CDT
hausjam wrote:High quality.

We get it, you hate everything transformers; for your information my starscream has no stability issues, perfectly tight joints, and can hold up its arms with accessories attached, maybe try getting evidence from something that isn't an early production run >:oP
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081459)
Posted by Shockquakewaveblast on September 24th, 2020 @ 8:49pm CDT
I got mine today, I wasn’t ready to pay $150 after finding skorponok like two weeks ago but $75 was a steal. The ankles on mine are really loose so posing is a pain but other than that it’s a great figure
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081463)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 24th, 2020 @ 8:59pm CDT
Dunno why those ankles suck, mine are really solid.

I contend that all 4 MPM cons (including the first Starscream) are all fantastic toys, there isn't much to improve, I could not be happier with the group
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081516)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on September 25th, 2020 @ 8:28am CDT
Man, I just know Ironhidensh is gonna show up soon with an “I told ya so” about buying things at full price and all...

In any event, I’m still able to return the one I ordered online, and $75 is $75. I’ll take it.
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081643)
Posted by EunuchRon on September 26th, 2020 @ 2:28am CDT
Soooo glad I read this on Seibertron yesterday. Stopped in at Target and BAM! I got me a MPM-10 AND Blitzwing! Totally awesome score! :DANCE:
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081695)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on September 26th, 2020 @ 1:19pm CDT
Just saw a video review of this thing. Robot mode is nice. It's got a lot of moving parts. But the ROTF Leader Class Starscream has a better jet mode. I had honestly assumed that a collectible figure in the Masterpiece series that costs so much would have a perfect jet mode and not be out-shone by a toy from 10 years ago that has lights and sounds. It really shouldn't even be a comparison. Seeing it for a bit more than leader class prices honestly makes more sense. Not to say that it's bad quality, from what I've seen the joints and tolerances are excellent, and the paint is great. It's just a shame that the jet mode is so flawed.
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081763)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 26th, 2020 @ 5:06pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:It's just a shame that the jet mode is so flawed.

An inescapable sacrifice for the "perfect" bot mode. That's the rule when the BOT is designed FIRST. When you have the perfect vehicle in mind first, then design the bot around, you can end up with PERFECTION all around like this 100% original character:

https://tfsource.com/tfc-toys/craft-ser ... -tfc-toys/
Re: Movie Masterpiece MPM-10 Starscream Found at Clearance Prices (2081799)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 26th, 2020 @ 7:29pm CDT
Went back to Target, bought a half off one, and then immediately returned it using the full price receipt. Glad to have gotten that $75 back.

Even so, I really do think it was worth the original price. As I've messed with it more, it definitely outshines the old leader figure. Jet mode isn't as perfect true, but the jet mode of the RotF is good because some bot mode sacrifices were made, and this MPM shines with the updates.

Oh and the MPM is more fun to transform than the old leader figure

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #261 - Ratchets, Tigers and Planes
"Ratchets, Tigers and Planes"
Posted: Sunday, October 11th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse Blackout Dotm Scorponok" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Machines Deluxe Maximal Blackarachnia MOSC New." on EBAY
Buy "Hallmark Itty Bitty Bittys MEGATRON Hasbro Transformers new with tag Plush nwt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ultra Magnus new sealed mosc commander" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends LG-17 Blackarachnia Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon ARK Cyberverse Ship's GUN Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron SHRUTE Skywarp Masters's BLAST EFFECTS Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon ARK Cyberverse Ship's MISSILE Part" on EBAY