Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release

Transformers News: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release

Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 12:16AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Emerje   Views: 21,761

I think most of us thought Movie the Best, Takara Tomy's line of screen-accurate repaints and retools, had become obsolete thanks to Studio Series. Apparently Takara Tomy disagrees. Coming completely out of nowhere we're getting our first look at MB-EX Bumblebee from Age of Extinction thanks to a magazine scan posted by Weibo user Xiao Ming (爆料人小明). Based on the 2014 Deluxe class figure this repaint features an all-new claw weapon. Even though this is the first time we're seeing this he'll be coming out as a Toys 'R Us Japan exclusive in late March for 3,238 JPY.

Alongside Bee Japan will also be getting the well documented Studio Series repaint of The Last Knight Drift with baby Dinobots as an SS-EX release. He, too, will be a Toys 'R Us Japan exclusive priced at 4,318 JPY and also coming out in late March.

What do you think, is SS-EX Bumblebee worth tracking down or is the new part not worth buying the figure again? Sound off in the Energon Pub forums below!
Credit(s): Xiao Ming on Weibo
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006354)
Posted by Rainmaker on January 23rd, 2019 @ 12:26am CST
Woah! I wonder which one has more paint, that one or Autobots United?

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006355)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 23rd, 2019 @ 12:44am CST
The full name seems to be MB-EX Arm Gun Bumblebee. A bit odd, but it may be because the "straight redeco with new accessory" follows the Movie The Best philosophy more than the Studio Series' "new mold" one.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006361)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 23rd, 2019 @ 2:28am CST
Is cool but my AoE Bumblebee already looks like that anyways (theirs is probably a bit cleaner than my paintjob) without that weapon which I don't care for anyways. And we're getting that Drift with the mini dinos so eh nothing special here but cool anyways.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006369)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on January 23rd, 2019 @ 8:47am CST
I like this repaint, plus the gun accessory is cool. But... skip. I want to focus on MPs first.

BTW, found this on Robotkindom:

http://www.robotkingdom.com/encorebigco ... oZ-sZFLaAo

New pictures including in package are there. The 60$ cost isn't bad at all either. ;)
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006393)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 23rd, 2019 @ 11:10am CST

That drift, however, rock this deco and the baby dinos are adorable.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006405)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on January 23rd, 2019 @ 12:03pm CST
Huh, that's interesting!

Bee's got a few more paint apps than the standard AOE Deluxe, but honestly not that many. It even looks like the stripe in vehicle mode doesn't continue on the back of the car - much like the AOE deluxe, which is still one of the most baffling paint omissions I've seen on a figure.

The right arm might actually be remolded from what I can tell, I don't see the mold's original plasma cannon in the arm. The new gun does look super cool, though.

The AOE Bee mold is pretty good, but I feel like this design will get a better studio series figure some time in the future.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006430)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 23rd, 2019 @ 3:49pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:AOE deluxe Bee is a bad mold. No amount of lipstick can make this pig look good..

No it's not. I really like it. Has some really nice details and shapes to the design and I have it both as the original AoE figure which I painted and as a voyager sized KO (with some metal parts). I still far prefer it to the VW bug.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006441)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 23rd, 2019 @ 5:12pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I second the Carn.

this is a great mold, one of my top 5 favorite movie Bees. That new weapon looks cool too, but I am satisfied with my AOE one. It's great
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006447)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 23rd, 2019 @ 5:46pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I second the Carn.

Tastes, as always. But it's simply that there was far superior Bee deluxes that came before who were far superior. Meaning the DOTM deluxe and the good old BBBB. I find that one lacking compared to the previous two. I still don't own the TLK Bee nor both SS yet. And My AoE deluxe that I hate, I won't sell it for some reason.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006451)
Posted by william-james88 on January 23rd, 2019 @ 5:53pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

For sure, we have yet to get a good deluxe movie VW BB.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006528)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on January 24th, 2019 @ 5:25am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

For sure, we have yet to get a good deluxe movie VW BB.

I have yet to handle one, but I think SS VW Bee is good. Hopefully, though, HasTak will retool/redo him to be better, like they did with SS Prime
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2012101)
Posted by Amelie on February 23rd, 2019 @ 11:12am CST
Youtuber TonTon Review has been at it again folks, and thanks to Seibertron member What's Crackin'?, we have been directed to TonTon Review's latest helping which is none other than Transformer Movie The Best EX Bumblebee. Sporting a paler yellow than the previous release, the review also highlights the removal of the light piping on the head and also compares the figure with its previous 2014 release and Studio Series #02 Stinger. We have embedded the video below, but it can be found on TonTon Review's Youtube.

Have the small differences in this release got you to bite yet; is it simply not enough of a change or did you miss the figure last time around? Let us know here on the Energon Pub at Seibertron.com!
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2012268)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 24th, 2019 @ 8:16pm CST
Don't understand the hate for this mold, it's not bad and I find it pretty fun.

I like the adjusted colors and new weapon though, looks neat!
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2012273)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 24th, 2019 @ 8:25pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Don't understand the hate for this mold, it's not bad and I find it pretty fun.

I like the adjusted colors and new weapon though, looks neat!

I think it's more "this mold again?!". It overstayed its welcome with TLK Wave 1.

Not to sure what to think about it personally as I don't have it, and don't know which version to optionally go for.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2012274)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 24th, 2019 @ 8:28pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I like the adjusted colors and new weapon though, looks neat!

Ah, I had forgot it's reuse in Wave 1 of TLK. I can understand now.

I still enjoy the mold though. I think the OG one was the best version of this mold

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) - Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) - Grimlock (Gold Armor)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) - Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) - Grimlock VS Back" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) - Sideswipe VS Anvil" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Surge Sideswipe & Min-Con Windstrike *PKG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Power Surge Bumblebee & Mini-Con Buzzstrike *PKG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TF Generations TG06 Swindle Blue Atlantica scan" on EBAY