Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release

Transformers News: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release

Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 12:16AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Emerje   Views: 19,430

I think most of us thought Movie the Best, Takara Tomy's line of screen-accurate repaints and retools, had become obsolete thanks to Studio Series. Apparently Takara Tomy disagrees. Coming completely out of nowhere we're getting our first look at MB-EX Bumblebee from Age of Extinction thanks to a magazine scan posted by Weibo user Xiao Ming (爆料人小明). Based on the 2014 Deluxe class figure this repaint features an all-new claw weapon. Even though this is the first time we're seeing this he'll be coming out as a Toys 'R Us Japan exclusive in late March for 3,238 JPY.

Alongside Bee Japan will also be getting the well documented Studio Series repaint of The Last Knight Drift with baby Dinobots as an SS-EX release. He, too, will be a Toys 'R Us Japan exclusive priced at 4,318 JPY and also coming out in late March.

What do you think, is SS-EX Bumblebee worth tracking down or is the new part not worth buying the figure again? Sound off in the Energon Pub forums below!
Credit(s): Xiao Ming on Weibo

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006354)
Posted by Rainmaker on January 23rd, 2019 @ 12:26am CST
Woah! I wonder which one has more paint, that one or Autobots United?

:MAXIMAL:
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006355)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 23rd, 2019 @ 12:44am CST
The full name seems to be MB-EX Arm Gun Bumblebee. A bit odd, but it may be because the "straight redeco with new accessory" follows the Movie The Best philosophy more than the Studio Series' "new mold" one.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006361)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 23rd, 2019 @ 2:28am CST
Is cool but my AoE Bumblebee already looks like that anyways (theirs is probably a bit cleaner than my paintjob) without that weapon which I don't care for anyways. And we're getting that Drift with the mini dinos so eh nothing special here but cool anyways.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006369)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on January 23rd, 2019 @ 8:47am CST
I like this repaint, plus the gun accessory is cool. But... skip. I want to focus on MPs first.

BTW, found this on Robotkindom:

http://www.robotkingdom.com/encorebigco ... oZ-sZFLaAo

New pictures including in package are there. The 60$ cost isn't bad at all either. ;)
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006393)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 23rd, 2019 @ 11:10am CST

That drift, however, rock this deco and the baby dinos are adorable.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006405)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on January 23rd, 2019 @ 12:03pm CST
Huh, that's interesting!

Bee's got a few more paint apps than the standard AOE Deluxe, but honestly not that many. It even looks like the stripe in vehicle mode doesn't continue on the back of the car - much like the AOE deluxe, which is still one of the most baffling paint omissions I've seen on a figure.

The right arm might actually be remolded from what I can tell, I don't see the mold's original plasma cannon in the arm. The new gun does look super cool, though.

The AOE Bee mold is pretty good, but I feel like this design will get a better studio series figure some time in the future.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006430)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 23rd, 2019 @ 3:49pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:AOE deluxe Bee is a bad mold. No amount of lipstick can make this pig look good..

No it's not. I really like it. Has some really nice details and shapes to the design and I have it both as the original AoE figure which I painted and as a voyager sized KO (with some metal parts). I still far prefer it to the VW bug.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006441)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 23rd, 2019 @ 5:12pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I second the Carn.

this is a great mold, one of my top 5 favorite movie Bees. That new weapon looks cool too, but I am satisfied with my AOE one. It's great
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006447)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 23rd, 2019 @ 5:46pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I second the Carn.

Tastes, as always. But it's simply that there was far superior Bee deluxes that came before who were far superior. Meaning the DOTM deluxe and the good old BBBB. I find that one lacking compared to the previous two. I still don't own the TLK Bee nor both SS yet. And My AoE deluxe that I hate, I won't sell it for some reason.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006451)
Posted by william-james88 on January 23rd, 2019 @ 5:53pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

For sure, we have yet to get a good deluxe movie VW BB.
Re: Movie the Best returns with MB-EX Bumblebee plus SS-EX Drift Japanese release (2006528)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on January 24th, 2019 @ 5:25am CST
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

For sure, we have yet to get a good deluxe movie VW BB.

I have yet to handle one, but I think SS VW Bee is good. Hopefully, though, HasTak will retool/redo him to be better, like they did with SS Prime

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #217 - Toy Fair 2019
"Toy Fair 2019"
Posted: Monday, February 18th, 2019

Buy "Combiner Wars Ironhide Transformers Deluxe 2015 CW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BLOWPIPE & TRIGGERHAPPY New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return MONXO & WOLFWIRE figure boy toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Prowl Police Car Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive Cloudraker and Wingspan MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class WOLFWIRE Weird Wolf Loose Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher Complete" on EBAY