Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures

Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures

Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 11:42pm CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 49,996

No, the Junkions have not taken over the design duties for the Transformers movie franchise, but if they had these might have been the resulting bots. The same creative team that brought you that awesome life sized movie Megatron tank is at it again. Only this time they're focusing on movie-verse robot modes made entirely of scrap metal. The sculptures were designed and built by Chinese metalworks factory, Wing Wah, as part of their "Legend of Iron" project. Check out the scrap metal versions of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Jetfire, Starscream, Megatron, and the Fallen below. More images available at Zcool (Chinese site, be prepared to translate if you want to read the text)

Credit(s): Zcool

This article was last modified on Thursday, April 14th, 2011 6:42am CDT

Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208905)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 14th, 2011 @ 12:56am CDT
Oh my awesome!

For a second though, based on the title, I almost thought that this would be about "Ze little one". ;)
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208907)
Posted by El Duque on April 14th, 2011 @ 1:05am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Oh my awesome!

Well I guess there might me a little of him mixed in there. :D
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208908)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 14th, 2011 @ 1:20am CDT
So awesome, very nicely done. I'm sure that if he doesn't donate them t somewhere he'll get a good price for them. Wish I could do work like this.
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208909)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on April 14th, 2011 @ 1:25am CDT
Awesome!
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208913)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 14th, 2011 @ 1:41am CDT
I don't like them. Just looks like arranged, painted garbage. The likelyness to the characters are dece, but when looking at the details, I just see junk, soo... guess this art ain't for me.
:CON:
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208923)
Posted by BeastProwl on April 14th, 2011 @ 3:13am CDT
Megatron, The Fallen, Starscream, And Jetfire, are all EPIC (Starscream especially) But the others............. need work............... :roll:
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208931)
Posted by Mykltron on April 14th, 2011 @ 4:47am CDT
Mostly good but just like Hasbro, the black ones are wrong colour.
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208940)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 14th, 2011 @ 6:10am CDT

These were made from SCRAP METAL, PARTS!

They're not meant to be perfectly accurate, merely impressive work produced with what pieces they have currently available.

The work is incredible, simple as that.
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208942)
Posted by FanimusMaximus on April 14th, 2011 @ 6:20am CDT
Woah, that must have taken a long time.
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208943)
Posted by mattyc1007 on April 14th, 2011 @ 6:27am CDT
Bumble Bee and Sideswipe for me is meh, but dang that Jetfire wins hands down for acuracy stakes! I mean for out of scrap metal thats better than the actual toy :lol:

Oh and thanks alot Saber... I just spent 20mins looking at that article... poor guy :sad:
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208968)
Posted by agentdc7 on April 14th, 2011 @ 7:48am CDT
Reminds me of when I went to watch ROTF when it came out. The theater we were at had a scrap metal Transformer as a center piece in the lobby made by someone. Everyone was looking at like it was some kind of masterpiece. To be honest, it looked horrible. It was like a metal stick figure with a one piece bumper on the chest and 6 pipes on the right arm to resemble a minigun. I wish I had my camera with me that time to show you how dreadful it looked.
But these look 10x better than the thing I saw, not to say I particularly like these sculptures.
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208988)
Posted by Samsonator on April 14th, 2011 @ 9:09am CDT
That is all kinds of epic
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208989)
Posted by Rated X on April 14th, 2011 @ 9:10am CDT
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1208997)
Posted by mattyc1007 on April 14th, 2011 @ 9:26am CDT
Rated X wrote:Is the top green one with the KFC sign in the backround suppossed to be Optimus ???

I believe sideswipe
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1209001)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on April 14th, 2011 @ 9:30am CDT
Awesome! I love it! A little off topic I’m sure but don’t you think it would be cool in the new film if Bumblebee used “The Touch” in his voice!
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1209011)
Posted by Nightwalker on April 14th, 2011 @ 10:13am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:...wow, some of these responses are exactly what I expected, they just came through in record time.

These were made from SCRAP METAL, PARTS!

The work is incredible, simple as that.

I couldn't say it any better.
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1209159)
Posted by craggy on April 14th, 2011 @ 4:51pm CDT
scap metal parts that have little or no relation to the vehicle modes of the characters? I'll give the guy this, at least he made them movie-accurate ;)

honestly, these are pretty decent. I've seen the concept used well before, but it fits so well with these characters.
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1209190)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 14th, 2011 @ 6:32pm CDT
My God, they did the Fallen, Jetfire, Megatron, Starscream, and un-armored Optimus beautifully! If these were on sale at an affordable price by my standards, I would have them on display on my front yard! As for Ironhide and Bumblebee, meh. For some reason, Bumblebee looks like me (and trust me, I'm not a pretty sight), and Ironhide looks like he tasted some lemon juice. :lol:
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1209256)
Posted by jaws on April 14th, 2011 @ 9:29pm CDT
Jetfire is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Movie-verse Transformers Scrap Metal Sculptures (1209289)
Posted by PhunkJunkion on April 15th, 2011 @ 12:10am CDT
Although they aren't necessarily movie accurate, they are ,in fact, awesome.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends Of Cybertron Megatron 2005 Dexepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG10 Arcee Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Angry Birds Gray Silver Rare Energon Lockdown Pig Telepods Works" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends MEGATRON With Reprolabels" on EBAY
Buy "transformers power of the primes elita-1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom: War For Cybertron Trilogy - Megatron (Beast) WFC-K10" on EBAY
Buy "Shattered Glass Drift - Transformers Sealed Model Kit - Flame Toys" on EBAY