MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version

MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version

Wednesday, May 11th, 2011 2:20pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 54,229

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore.com has just listed MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Prime Version 02, stating:

BBTS wrote:This second release is to have corrected the flaws of the original version.

Please Note: We cannot accept returns or exchanges (from Pile of Loot or shipping returns) on the original version of the MP-09 for the updated version of the MP-09, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Why do not have additional details at this time, but it appears the controversial figure may be tweaked to address some of fans' biggest problems, like paint wear.

In the meantime, you can check out our MP-09 Rodimus Prime Gallery, one of the most comprehensive galleries of the figure so far!

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!

Credit(s): BigBadToyStore.com

Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220361)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:27pm CDT
eh, I'm happy with mine.
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220362)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
Well, my being too broke to collect everything I want seems to have a silver lining! I'm actually happy enough about this that I apologize to everyone here who feels kicked...um...down there.
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220363)
Posted by Galvatrondestroyer on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220365)
Posted by robofreak on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:30pm CDT
I'll buy this one. I'll have the money at that time.

Anyways, I think this is the one that should have come out the first time around.

Would have saved a lot of frustration.

You'd think all the product testing these things go through, they would have caught the flaws early on.
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220366)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:30pm CDT

That's being fixed though.

Thank you Takara!
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220369)
Posted by Motorthing on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:31pm CDT
Quite happy to know I waited now - after Meg's "cosmic-rust" issue I've been weary of charging in to pick these up straight away, although to be fair Grimlock was totally fine.
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220370)
Posted by robofreak on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:32pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:The problem was not with the quality; the problem was his price was $10 too cheap.

That's being fixed though.

Thank you Takara!

Wait, what was original retail on the first run anyway?
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220371)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:32pm CDT
robofreak wrote:I'll buy this one. I'll have the money at that time.

Would have saved a lot of frustration.

Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220376)
Posted by paul053 on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:35pm CDT
What does this story tell us? When MP-10 comes out and if and only if you want to buy it, don't buy the first version but wait until second version.
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220377)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:35pm CDT
I didn't get this one like most MP's but man what a $#!t sandwich a lot of fans had to choke down on...way to go Takara! :CON:
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220378)
Posted by robofreak on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:35pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Some flaws only show with "rough play", something that can't really be done at the factories. With that, I'm gonna wait this out.

True about play. I missed the first run, so I'll go for this one.

I do want some reviews or a list of all the exact problems they are fixing.

I would like to know if they finally made that spoiler yellow plastic or if it's still painted.
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220379)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:36pm CDT
robofreak wrote:

That's being fixed though.

Thank you Takara!

Wait, what was original retail on the first run anyway?

well to everyone who preordered got it for $200 everyone who else bought it, they got it for $209. But hopefully its not fragile or as fragile as the first version. I soo wanted him...but the with flaws did not justify the $200 price tag. I wonder when Hasbro is releasing theirs...
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220380)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:36pm CDT
I like that the news pic is a pic of his crotch.

Hot Rod indeed.
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220382)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:39pm CDT

this however im guessing is Takaras release ofHasbro's version of the mold, which im also guessing if we dont see at botcon, we will see at sdcc. it was practicaly a given that Hasbro would tweak the mold so it could work and be sold in the american market.
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220389)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on May 11th, 2011 @ 2:43pm CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:the only real issue with the origional release was the tolerances. The design has a very precise, low tolerance threshhold, while the factory has a very high tolerance threshold in the manufacturing process, which creates massive issues, such as the floppy vizor on some, while others are too tight to turn. that and takaras legendary quality controll issues. still love my microman acro emperor "sorry, these all come out of the factory broken" classic.

yeah cause this will have a $70-$90 price tag and quite a bit of parents will buy this for their kids. a few of my little cousins have Masterpiece Grimlock. And they are ages 5-11. Nothing broken (which is a big surprise actually lol) If they were given Masterpiece Hot Rod, he would be a pile of plastic pieces by the end of the day XD. (with the first version)
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220402)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 11th, 2011 @ 3:01pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I like that the news pic is a pic of his crotch.

Hot Rod indeed.

I did that just for you.
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220405)
Posted by NamelessOne on May 11th, 2011 @ 3:05pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:What a kick in the dick.

This. Why did I bother giving these guys my money in the first place?!? :BOOM: :sad: :evil:
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220419)
Posted by NTESHFT on May 11th, 2011 @ 3:21pm CDT
Galvatrondestroyer wrote:Wow..at least they're fixing this one...unlike Megs. Still, I'll wait to see some reviews before I pull the trigger on this type of purchase.

What were some problems with Megs, other than couldn't keep his arm up due to the weight of the scope? I haven't noticed anything with mine.

I do plan on getting this one. I'll have the money for it by the time it comes out. But what do they plan on doing with the first version if this one is supposed to be way better?
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220444)
Posted by --B-- on May 11th, 2011 @ 3:48pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:What a kick in the dick.

Perfect usage of this phrase.

I may be tempted to pick this up, but I always disliked the Rodimus Prime vehicle mode, so I may wait for the hasbro version.
Re: MP-09 Masterpiece Rodimus Second Version (1220453)
Posted by starfish on May 11th, 2011 @ 4:08pm CDT
It wasn't just the spoiler and visor issues, though, there were tonnes of little glitches.

Some copies of the figure have major misalignment problems.

My own copy suffers from the fact that one of the leg joints is misaligned (I've tried repairing but to no avail), which means that the left leg is never quite lined up inside the body, which leads to a number of other issues - it means the right arm can't peg back onto the body in car mode, the left shin flap can't peg into the crotch, and the pipes on that side don't connect properly in car mode. And all this from the *slightest* manufacturing glitch!

That said, I know a lot of people who were always going to get two copies of this figure - one to display as Rodimus and one as Hot Rod, or one in robot mode and one in vehicle mode - so buying it twice isn't a major headache.

Besides which, don't we know already that the Hasbro version is going to come with an (as yet undisclosed) exclusive accessory? Rumours abound on a Targetmaster partner.

Whatever the outcome, I'll probably get the Hasbro version at some point down the line, just as I had always intended - the Takara one can stay in robot mode and donate his trailer to the Hasbro copy.

Thankfully the movie line doesn't interest me at all (shellformers and giant backpacks I can do without, thanks), so my Transformers budget is ready to be blown on a new Hasbro Roddy!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Lost Light 13B Bludgeon Nick Roche Variant Cover IDW D8-18" on EBAY
Buy "transformers animated sentinel prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Red Alert Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 61 Sentinel Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Used Build A Bear Transformers Optimus Prime Bear Mask Flips Over Head 17'" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers E3479 Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class WFC-S13 Ul…" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Prowl" on EBAY