MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run

MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run

Thursday, July 4th, 2013 10:22pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 21,256

For those who missed out the first time, we got news via site sponsor BigBadToyStore that MP-12 Sideswipe will get a second production run from Takara. With the recent news of the KO hitting the market place, this will give fans a chance to get this figure for the original online price.

We have just received preliminary information that the MP-12 will be reissued in December or January! Preorders have been opened for the 2nd production run of the MP-12 at $79.99

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Thanks!
Joel

Credit(s): BigBadToyStore

Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1500820)
Posted by jamarmiller on July 4th, 2013 @ 10:26pm CDT
Three days too late takara
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1500827)
Posted by megatronus on July 4th, 2013 @ 10:58pm CDT
Off to try to cancel my order at TFsource...
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1500829)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 4th, 2013 @ 11:06pm CDT
That's a very tempting price, considering the exorbitant price this guy seems to have jumped to in such a short time. Even if I'm on the fence, this MP's value is going to skyrocket... :-? I don't really collect MP's, so I'm not sure I'm getting him. 8-} Especially with MP Soundwave on the horizon, Metroplex, and Predaking!

How do you guys afford these MPs?!?!? :BOOM:
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1500838)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on July 5th, 2013 @ 12:39am CDT
I put my pre-order in. Was hoping to hear news of the MP cars coming to the states, but nothing came of it, so getting it "in" while I can. Now, if news comes that they ARE coming to the states...

A simple case of cover my bum.
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1500849)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 5th, 2013 @ 5:22am CDT
credit card man

the robot mode packagind price is crazy though...

I am teribly tempted by mp soundwave but I need to keep my credit card space to afford metroplex :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN:
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1500851)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on July 5th, 2013 @ 5:36am CDT
I hope the same happens for Tigertrack. I totally screwed up my chance! :BANG_HEAD: :VEHI:
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1500890)
Posted by optimuscarlos on July 5th, 2013 @ 10:34am CDT
I will get these little guys only if there is a US version at $50.
Otherwise I will stick to my binaltech, which are a far more quality figures.
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1500921)
Posted by TimothyR on July 5th, 2013 @ 1:34pm CDT
optimuscarlos wrote:I will get these little guys only if there is a US version at $50.
Otherwise I will stick to my binaltech, which are a far more quality figures.

Binaltechs are awesome, I own all of them, but they don't compare to the MP sideswipe mold. Just because binaltechs use die cast doesn't mean they're better quality.

Binaltechs are accurate cars that try to transform into robots, the engineering on some of those molds leaves a lot to be desired.. Whereas sideswipe is perfect in both modes. And there's no comparison between mp sideswipe and binaltech sideswipe. For your sake, I hope there is a hasbro release.
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1500935)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on July 5th, 2013 @ 2:34pm CDT
Don't know much about Binaltech, I stuck with Alternators back then

recently, I bought optimus prime alternity with the Misaki girl included

like the car design, but the robot mode is pretty mehhh

as for masterpieces, when the quality is good, they're an excellent investment.
When they're crap, its basically money thrown in the garbage can. (MP-05 Megatron, I'm looking at you!) :BOOM: [-( #-o

But the sideswipe figure is an absolute must-have :DANCE: :BOWDOWN:
Same goes for Red-alert. although mine has a weird feature: his right kneepad is painted purple, but the left kneepad isn't. but on the box, BOTH kneepads are painted purple...

funny isn,t it? :-? :-? :???:
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1500962)
Posted by Stormrider on July 5th, 2013 @ 5:04pm CDT
lol. How do we know these are not the KOs?
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1500963)
Posted by Stormrider on July 5th, 2013 @ 5:05pm CDT
Sorry, double post.
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1500970)
Posted by DreadstarCybph on July 5th, 2013 @ 6:03pm CDT
Who said it was KO?

1st.: the site the guy was pointing to is Taobao. An auction site. People can list prices their way down the market price to scam people just like they do on ebay.

2nd. : I checked out the other sites he pointed to. Many of those are pre-orders. the 100 yuan to 200 yuan down are pre order payment. None refundable if you cancelled. They will charge you the remaining balance once the item comes in.
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1501171)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 6th, 2013 @ 4:44pm CDT
I want one now!

Hey, what about Red Alert? (it's a conspiracy!)
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1501413)
Posted by optimuscarlos on July 7th, 2013 @ 3:03pm CDT
TimothyR wrote:
Otherwise I will stick to my binaltech, which are a far more quality figures.

For me, the toy is actually just a deluxe size figure with not a very complex or original transformation. The only must have feature is his G1 look, that makes him worthy in the scale at you are a G1 Fan, but not really worthy if you look for: size, plastic quality, original engineering, paint application and transformation complexity, what is that I look for a $80-$100 toy.

Don't get me wrong, I like the figure. I had hold the toy at my hand and I think is awesome for being accurate to his cartoon counterpart but for me that worths only $40-$50.

Just my opinion.
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1501419)
Posted by megatronus on July 7th, 2013 @ 3:48pm CDT
optimuscarlos wrote:
TimothyR wrote:
Otherwise I will stick to my binaltech, which are a far more quality figures.

Just my opinion.

So...

-MP Sideswipe is definitely larger than a deluxe. He's closer to voyager sized.
-Though the transformation is not overly complex, it is far from simple, and the consensus is it is a very satisfying one.
-The engineering is indisputably original. I (amicably) challenge you to find anything else quite like it.

If price is the deal-breaker for you, that's fine... but don't knock the toy based on misrepresentations of its other dimensions.
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1501431)
Posted by optimuscarlos on July 7th, 2013 @ 4:35pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
optimuscarlos wrote:
TimothyR wrote:
Otherwise I will stick to my binaltech, which are a far more quality figures.

Just my opinion.

So...

-MP Sideswipe is definitely larger than a deluxe. He's closer to voyager sized.

I am not knocking anything. As I said, I like the toy, but I can't see where the $80-$100 are invested on him, compare to other lines. I can see more engineering and originality on a movieverse deluxe, and it's $15.
All I'm saying is... the toy is fine but the price is overated.

Anyway, is my opinion, Im'not buying the toy, but I'm not trying to convince anyone from doing it.

Just speaking my mind, here. :DANCE:
Re: MP-12 Masterpiec​e Sideswipe To Get 2nd Production Run (1501454)
Posted by Stormrider on July 7th, 2013 @ 7:23pm CDT
optimuscarlos wrote:
megatronus wrote:
optimuscarlos wrote:
TimothyR wrote:
Otherwise I will stick to my binaltech, which are a far more quality figures.

Just my opinion.

So...

-MP Sideswipe is definitely larger than a deluxe. He's closer to voyager sized.

All I'm saying is... the toy is fine but the price is overated.

Just speaking my mind, here. :DANCE:

I do agree that the MP Sideswipe's inflated price can be hard to swallow. The one thing to take into consideration is the mark up price you are paying because these are imported. MP Sideswipe & Alert sold for $60 in Japan, which is a decent price when you consider that scout sized 3rd figures are priced almost the same.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus Missing Swindle -All 4 Figures 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Fall Of Cybertron - VORTEX - 2012 Hasbro - NEW SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations - Combiner Wars-AUTOBOT HOUND Figure - Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Studio Series 42 - Construction Long Haul Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Movie Hasbro 2018 MISP!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers VICTORION Autobot Generations Combiner Wars 6 Action Figures" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY