MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video

Transformers News: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video

Friday, March 17th, 2017 2:31PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximus_Prime   Views: 29,228

Thanks to a few different sources, we have for you today a new in-hand video that shows off the highly anticipated MP-36 Megatron! The video features no commentary, but it does show some nice close-ups of the figure along with its accessories. The video also looks into some of the articulation, and if you are a fan of ratcheting joints, some joints here should make you very happy. Check out the video below, and be ready! This figure is set to drop next month!

Credit(s): MachineHeart88
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867372)
Posted by MrBlack on March 17th, 2017 @ 2:48pm CDT
It looks like the gun barrel on his back can be shifted around a bit. It was sitting behind his arm in box, with the sight facing straight ahead, but behind his back out of the box, with the sight more askew.
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867421)
Posted by Quint on March 17th, 2017 @ 6:41pm CDT
How do we flame this person for filming in portrait?

An example of them must be made!!!

PS Figure looks sweet 8-)
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867487)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 17th, 2017 @ 11:12pm CDT
Quint wrote:How do we flame this person for filming in portrait?

An example of them must be made!!!
Before, the video was completely sideways. :P
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867498)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 18th, 2017 @ 2:09am CDT
They are going to drop the figure? As in cancel or actually drop it?
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867501)
Posted by Emerje on March 18th, 2017 @ 4:16am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Might be the angle, but the gun barrel looks better.

It had better look better, the one on the left is a hand painted prototype and the one on the right is the final product. ;) Though honestly I think the final figure looks a little worse, but it probably isn't a good idea to judge based on a low quality video.

Ravage XK wrote:They are going to drop the figure? As in cancel or actually drop it?

Why would they announce that they're going to cancel it next month? :???: Is "drop" not slang for "release" in the UK?

Emerje
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867502)
Posted by Cyberpath on March 18th, 2017 @ 4:25am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:Might be the angle, but the gun barrel looks better.

The placement of the barrel on his back. ;)

Unless it's just the angle, there appears to be a hinge that allows you to position the barrel closer to his back and further away from behind his shoulder.

Edit: definitely not the camera angle, the barrel is adjustable.
Compare the stock factory position vs how it looks out of the box:

Yay!
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867506)
Posted by steals_your_goats on March 18th, 2017 @ 5:21am CDT
Really glad that he appears to have a silver gloss on him as opposed to the initial flat grey. Looks so much better.
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867507)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 18th, 2017 @ 5:43am CDT
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867521)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 18th, 2017 @ 8:33am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Meh. Question for me now is, do I cancel my preorder, or try and make a quick couple of bucks on ebay?

Depends. 3rd party 2ndary market value is sure to "skyrocket" over the original. Collector wise not worth the effort.
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867522)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 18th, 2017 @ 8:45am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:

I'm talking about this new one. Do I cancel mu preorder, or go on and get it. I'll get it shipped from HLJ for about 200, and I figure I could easily turn around and sell it on eBay for at least 250.

Secisions, decisions.
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867523)
Posted by Kurona on March 18th, 2017 @ 8:52am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

Secisions, decisions.

I take it you don't like him?
Stupid question I know
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867524)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 18th, 2017 @ 8:59am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

Secisions, decisions.

I take it you don't like him?
Stupid question I know

It's not bad, dint get me wrong. If I didn't already have Despotron, I'd be all over thus. Far better than Appolyon or Mightron, I just like my current version better.

Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind when thus guy is in hand, but I already ignored my gut once (Inferno), I won't be doing that again.
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867626)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 18th, 2017 @ 8:10pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:

Secisions, decisions.

I'm still getting him together with MP Starscream. Just see him first and get your "zing" before you dump him.
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867689)
Posted by MachineHeart88 on March 19th, 2017 @ 4:54am CDT
The product is very good at painting. Good match with large metal parts at gun mode.
:TAKARATOMY:
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867696)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 19th, 2017 @ 7:26am CDT
MachineHeart88 wrote:This is the video on hand Megatron 2.0 prepared to customers who have ordered before
:TAKARATOMY:

Welcome to seibertron!
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1867755)
Posted by Drift082111 on March 19th, 2017 @ 6:05pm CDT
:TAKARATOMY:

Excellent first post debut. Thanks for the vid. :D :CON:
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1868844)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:53pm CDT
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1868845)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 23rd, 2017 @ 9:55pm CDT
And the last from A Prime Problem iirc.

According to tco, Vector Sigma key is die-cast.

Asia version will get something......... :lol:

According to tco

"As for the sound gimmick, there are two buttons found on scope -- one of them is pressed for audio; another red translucent button is used for switching sound effect. Besides of some solo Japanese dubbings (one of them is Megatron's laughing dubbing, I can't understand Japanese, but they all sound good to me), u can switch to blasting sound effect or transforming sound effect."
Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1868860)
Posted by Va'al on March 23rd, 2017 @ 10:16pm CDT
Fellow (and new!) Seibertronian MachineHeart88 has shared with us a video review / look at the new and upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Megatron, in its second incarnation in the line! Check it out below, along with some images from TFW2005's user tco's in hand images of the Decepticon leader in his many faces.

[quote]This is the video on hand Megatron 2.0 prepared to customers who have ordered before
:TAKARATOMY:
[/quote]

Re: MP-36 Megatron In-Hand Video (1868865)
Posted by Qwan on March 23rd, 2017 @ 10:34pm CDT
That.. actually looks a lot kibblier than I was expecting?

Don't get me wrong I'm still totally in love with the way this guy looks, but with such a super-clean front side I was surprised to see the number of panels and various pieces hanging out on his back. Gun mode looks a right treat, though I'm still unsure as to what the situation will be in Australia with all those replica gun laws and things, and I still adore the whole battle-damaged thing he can have going on!

Bottom line I'm still almost certainly going to spring for this guy if I can - and seeing that he's not perfect weirdly makes him more appealing to me I think. Either way, it'd be great to have the two definitive faction leaders finally facing off in my collection!

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Medix The Doc-Bot Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 17 hours 50 minutes 16 seconds
New Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Brainstorm 30th Anniversary Figure - Time Remaining: 14 days 18 hours 52 minutes 46 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS PRIME DELUXE CLASS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE AUTOBOT BUMBLEBEE - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 1 minute 57 seconds
Transformers Universe Classics Deluxe Class Ramjet Action Figure w Two Gun - Time Remaining: 6 days 21 hours 7 minutes 23 seconds
SCI-FI REVOLTECH TOKU-SATSU 040 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME Jet Wing Ver. Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 9 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Bumblebee Hasbro Action Figure Series 2 - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 11 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club exclusive BREAKDOWN Deluxe boxed CHUG Classics - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Bumblebee Power Punch Hasbro Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 12 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #173 - Crossing The Rubicon