Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners

Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners

Wednesday, September 7th, 2016 10:07am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 28,403

Transformers News: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners

Credit(s): Megatronus and Kanrabat

Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822422)
Posted by Kurona on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:01pm CDT
There's something about the Aerialbots that seems to happen quite a bit with planeformers and I hate it when it does - when they come with a single rifle and the only ports are under the wings. It just kinda, like... looks really silly, you know? You could have underslung blasters like the Seekers but when it's only one it looks really bad. And even if you take a second from another aerialbot it'll be a different blaster so it still doesn't look right. And don't even think of using the HFG... and it's even worse for Blast Off especially since I prefer the Combaticons having a big weapon loadout.

Sooooo to remedy this, when I had Leader Thundercracker I had a look at his weapons. I only needed the big black guns for his legs and the big blue ones for his 'null rays', so the big single blaster and the two tiny guns which wouldn't have fit him at all were up for grabs. The big blaster makes an incredible Combiner weapon I found (or just a great fusion cannon dealio for anyone), but the two smaller blasters?

PERFECT.

I've got more images for the limb modes but I don't want to make a post massive just due to images and the robot/vehicle modes are what this matters for most anyway
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822426)
Posted by Agamemnon on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:08pm CDT
Nice! I might have to do that! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822427)
Posted by nycPrime on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:09pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Megatronus and Kanrabat have both reported seeing Combiner Wars deluxes at Marshalls and Winners in the US and Canada respectively. Both stores are part of the same TJX parent company (which also owns TJ Maxx) so it would seem that it was a purchase made at a higher level and redistributed across different companies and countries. That would explain why it is the international versions being found in both those locations, meaning the versions that come with the cards instead of the comics. Megatronus found both the deluxe waves of Bruticus and Skyreign for $9.99 USD while Kanrabat found the Bruticus wave for $9.99 CAD a piece and Leader Starscream for $19.99 CAD. This is a great time to go pick up some extra combiner fodder, let us know what you find on the hunt!

Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822429)
Posted by o.supreme on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:15pm CDT
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822430)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:23pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:I saw a couple Onslaught & Scattershot Voyagers...but nothing else...scoured weeks and weeks for Sky Lynx at every Marshalls and TJ Maxx in my area...no such luck, finally had to bite the bullet and got one on Amazon for around $35 after shipping. I'm surprised in fairly quick order how much of the UW/CW series I have picked up. Unfortunately now it is coming down to the more pricey items...so I'll be waiting a while before getting any more.

The only Sky Lynx I ever saw was the one I bought in April from one of my local Walmarts. I have never seen him again
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822431)
Posted by Kurona on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:26pm CDT
For context, she's £90 at UK retail (assuming Kapow's prices are retail).

> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011M ... em_1p_3_ti
> 71.98 canadian dollars + 37.35 canadian dollars shipping to my residence in the UK = 109.33 canadian dollars
> puts through exchange rate calculator
> total is £63.62

l m a o
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822434)
Posted by nycPrime on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:31pm CDT

Sky Lynx for $35 isn't so bad considering that's what the online stores wanted for him.

Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822435)
Posted by Kurona on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:34pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:

Limited distribution is what makes sense to me. Sky Lynx is actually pretty well known for it; if you can find him in-store... well, it's not exactly extremely rare, but you have like... I want to say a 40% chance of finding him? He's not an easy one to track down, so it makes sense why he of all figures would have his price marked up online.
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822436)
Posted by nycPrime on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:35pm CDT
Kurona wrote:For context, she's £90 at UK retail (assuming Kapow's prices are retail).

> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011M ... em_1p_3_ti
> puts through exchange rate calculator
> total is £63.62

l m a o

USD, no? But I get your point. I've seen some of those TF European prices, even at regular retail. I would imagine if you ever had an opportunity to visit the US, you'd need some extra space in your luggage going back home lol.
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822437)
Posted by o.supreme on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:36pm CDT

Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822438)
Posted by Kurona on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:37pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:

> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011M ... em_1p_3_ti
> puts through exchange rate calculator
> total is £63.62

l m a o

I... did not notice this was American Amazon and not Canadian Amazon :HEADHURTS:
It still works out cheaper (£81) but it's not quite as sweet.
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822439)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 7th, 2016 @ 12:43pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:a term I recently became familiar with (tail ender)...end of a series+limited production+popularity because of unique design & limited production.

I really wouldn't count Skywarp as a tail-ender per se since, while he was the last Leader class figure released in the Combiner Wars line, he was released well before the line reached its end, whereas Sky Lynx came out very much closer to the end of the line, making him much harder to find.
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822448)
Posted by william-james88 on September 7th, 2016 @ 1:12pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:I swung by a TJ Maxx and they were just putting up the CW deluxes on the shelves. They had 1, and in some cases 2, of each limb for Sky Reign and Bruticus, at $9.99 each. Wish I had waited. They also had Onslaught a few weeks back for $14.99. That's $55+tax for Bruticus!!!

I know I will sound douchy but i cant resist. Remember Canada's deal of a lifetime?

Look at all those Skylynxs for 14.97... CAD ($11.40 USD)

That meant $50.87 for Bruticus, and thats in canadian dollars. So my Bruticus cost me... $40 USD :DANCE:
I also bought Skyreign for that price (with my own ideal limbs being Prowl, Hound, Trailbreaker and Mirage).

But I am glad others can now take part in crazy savings.

o.supreme wrote:I mean Skywarp is *technically* a tail ender too, but he is a shelf warmer because other than those that want all 3 seekers as Leader Class...he is not really a big draw otherwise.

We are comparing 2 very different things here. Skywarp isnt easier to find because less people bought him. Skywarp is easier to find because he was actually put on shelves. This was not the case with skylynx at all outlets. Him having shown up at TJ Maxx is proof that several retail stores chose to sold their stock of Skylynx to TJMaxx so that they could prepare space for newer toys (or keep space for older toys). So he wasnt found because he wasnt actually stocked.

And the leader class also suffered this with 2016 wave 2 leaders (the real tail enders) being sold off to TJ Maxx as well but nobody noticed because the wave 2 leaders were just starscream and skywarp again.

nycPrime wrote:So I've been meaning to ask. We all know the MSRP for the different sized figures. And the online stores will usually tack on $2 to MSRP, which isn't terrible considering there's no tax. But every now and then, they'll jack it up by much more. Sky Lynx is an example at $10 over MSRP. Does anyone know why? Limited supply? A popular product they know they can sell at a higher price? A bit of both?

Here is the actual answer: the case Skyynx came in also had Onslought. BBTS cant order just skylynx, they have to order a case of the 2. So for every Skylynx they have, they also have an Onslought. And they just had a bunch of onsloghts already from the 1st wave of 2016 voyagers. So Everyone already has an onslought and yet they are still stuck buying more of him to get skylynx. So to balance out all the Onsloughts that wont sell immediately, they need to put a premium on Skylynx.

What sucks is that fans got double f'd because they had to pay a premium on Onslought (32$) when he initially came out becasue BBTS was worried they wouldnt sell the Scattershots he came with.
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822456)
Posted by RAR on September 7th, 2016 @ 1:31pm CDT
Kurona wrote:There's something about the Aerialbots that seems to happen quite a bit with planeformers and I hate it when it does - when they come with a single rifle and the only ports are under the wings. It just kinda, like... looks really silly, you know? You could have underslung blasters like the Seekers but when it's only one it looks really bad. And even if you take a second from another aerialbot it'll be a different blaster so it still doesn't look right. [clip]

Yeah I had the same issue not just with him but with the Alpha Bravo/Blades/Vortex etc... mould having a gun that doesn't suit as a chin gun and looks lopsided on the side of the vehicle - I'd have welcomed a mirror cast of that gun for the other side.

Anyway my own solution for that problem was some spare DOTM Topspin guns as under wing guns.

So far all I've got as Combaticon limbs no Onslaught, Optimus Maximus Limbs no white Optimus - Silverbolt with no limbs & Cyclonus.

I'm not over bothered as the Combaticons look nice on Cyclonus Or Scourge and the Autobots look fine on a red Optimus.

But I've never set eyes on a white Optimus or a Onslaught yet. I've only seen CW Skywarp in Forbidden Planet.

I think I may see Skyreign limbs in the Entertainer soon though.

Shame about the Aerialbots and Stunticons - but i'm pretty sure i'll end up buying them as a set off someone who has done with them.
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822509)
Posted by Sjeng on September 7th, 2016 @ 2:30pm CDT
Do you also have all arialbots there? And protectobots?
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822510)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on September 7th, 2016 @ 2:33pm CDT
RAR wrote:Oh I'm jealous of the sales I hope the UK sees some of those as most of the Combiner Returns line saw atrocious UK distribution so I never saw most of it at all even at full price.

Most of the CW line saw atrocious distribution period. I've already found more TR stuff at more stores than I ever found CW over its entire run.
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822514)
Posted by william-james88 on September 7th, 2016 @ 2:38pm CDT
Sjeng wrote:Wow... I need to find me a Canadian buddy who'll send me some of those cheap as heck tf's... thats just insane! How much is shipping to the Netherlands?? I need that ultra magnus, and a complete lynxmaster (with his own limbs as I own Grand Optimus).
Do you also have all arialbots there? And protectobots?

Shipping to Europe from Canada and the US is prohibitively expensive. You can do an easy estimate. Just go to bigbadtoystore.com and put a leader igure in your cart and calculate the shipping, that will be how much it costs you. If you are ok with that amount, then let me know.

And just to be clear, this pic is from a while ago (May) so the only toy left of those is Magnus, who is currently no longer on sale.

But still, check how much shipping is and let me know because he could go back on sale.
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822571)
Posted by RAR on September 7th, 2016 @ 4:55pm CDT
I will sometimes buy from Japan but I tend to avoid Canada as even something small is crazy prices from there. so I would only recommend it if you are aware of all costs (including customs charges) up front.

There are a few good ebay sellers on the continent worth dealing with there is one who has 9.99 (euro) shipping on most things but charges no more post no matter what you buy.

I think he might be in the Netherlands even.
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822657)
Posted by shauyaun on September 7th, 2016 @ 9:55pm CDT

Yeah I found them at a Marshalls just a few hr ago in NY
Re: Multiple Transformers Combiner Wars Figures Appearing at Marshalls and Winners (1822713)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on September 7th, 2016 @ 11:46pm CDT
Fellow Seibertronians, the day we have long waited for is finally here! Combiner Wars deluxe class Groove is now available on HasbroToyShop.com for $16.99. If you are unfamiliar with this long-awaited figure, or, just want to brush up on him again, be sure to check out our gallery for him. So are you going to order him? Still excited for this guy, or has your attention been thoroughly grabbed by hunting for Titans Return figures? Let us know in the comments below.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers TITANS RETURN G1 IDW Windcharger Gnaw Action Figure No Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Bluestreak, 100% Complete, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Battle Core Optimus Prime (Maximus) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Blackjack and Hyperdrive MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "transformers combiner wars hound" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class - Bombshell Lot" on EBAY
Buy "OPTIMUS PRIME RATCHET Shattered Glass Transformers War for Cybertron WFCGS-17" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Seacon Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon in USA" on EBAY