My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed

Transformers News: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed

Friday, April 18th, 2014 8:23am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,409

Remember last year's BotCon exclusive My Little Pony Micro Series convention exclusive cover featuring Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie? It was very popular and became quite the hot item on the secondary market. Following up on that cover's popularity IDW has revealed another upcoming My Little Pony/Transformers crossover cover, My Little Pony #19 featuring Starscream and Rainbow Dash. Like the previous crossover cover this one will also be a convention exclusive, which convention has not be revealed. Check out the cover mirrored below via My Little Pony fansite Equestria Daily:

Credit(s): EquestriaDaily.com

This article was last modified on Thursday, February 6th, 2020 4:49pm CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566228)
Posted by Nerv103 on April 18th, 2014 @ 8:29am CDT
My 8 year old brony (also a big transformers fan) loved it. :CON:
Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566239)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 18th, 2014 @ 8:58am CDT
No. :SICK:
Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566240)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 18th, 2014 @ 8:58am CDT
Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566249)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2014 @ 9:25am CDT
Starscream's smiling nervously because he knows that if he doesn't behave he's gonna get murdered again. :P

Doubledealer93 wrote:No. :SICK:
Manterax Prime wrote:Look, Hasbro, IDW, I love you guys and I'll let you get away with almost anything, but just like last year this is unacceptable.
Then don't buy it.

This obviously isn't aimed at you guys, so why are ya'll bothering to even click on this news page, look at it, and post on it, if it doesn't pertain to you?
Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566253)
Posted by Shelf Space on April 18th, 2014 @ 9:28am CDT
Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566257)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on April 18th, 2014 @ 9:36am CDT
Shelf Space wrote:don't get me wrong here, I ain't hatin' I actually really dug last year's Pinky Pie and Optimus... but the art on this one looks like wet ball sack ugh
Yeah, in addition to the creepy flatness, those "details" on Screamers grey parts conjure up ugly memories of Pat Lee, and after Dreamwave was destroyed just when its TF continuity was actually getting interesting, I'd sooner buy a TF/Ponies ongoing monthly than see any shades of his influence again.
Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566308)
Posted by Rated X on April 18th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566312)
Posted by Va'al on April 18th, 2014 @ 11:21am CDT
Rated X wrote:So I guess these covers are going to be a yearly disgrace to transformers fans. Im sure if some artist drew a picture of hitler holding pinky, all the jabronies would be furious. So why do they get upset that transformers fans hate this ? Do transformer fans raid MLP conventions and shove TFs down their throat like they do to us ? Oh wait...there are no MLP conventions. I wonder why...

Have you tried this new fancy site? I think it's called Gugul, or something.

As for everyone else:

Criticism of the contructive kind, positive or negative, is fine (see Shelfspace and Bumblevivisector, for example, above). Comments that borderline abusive language or behaviour are not. Thank you.
Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566335)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 18th, 2014 @ 1:11pm CDT

Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566336)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 18th, 2014 @ 1:14pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Rated X being Rated X.

Yeah, yeah, blah blah blah.
Now kindly shut up and leave. Your thing is getting old.

EDIT:
Rated X wrote:(...)Oh wait...there are no MLP conventions. I wonder why...

Also...

Doubledealer93 wrote:No. :SICK:

Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566349)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 18th, 2014 @ 2:21pm CDT
Oh another one? Looks like it's popular enough to be a yearly thing now.

But I gotta say, the art on this is kinda bad, that Starscream reminds me too much of a bad Starscream X Megatron X fangirl avatar pic I saw once on DA :SICK:

It's not as pleasant looking as last year's Optimus Prime one.
Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566361)
Posted by Manterax Prime on April 18th, 2014 @ 2:56pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:You know, you sound exactly like hardcore geewunners who only post in Movie Bayformers threads just to hate and complain, right? #-o

Nope, just tired of this fad.
I don't hate it, I'm merely annoyed by it.
Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566363)
Posted by Va'al on April 18th, 2014 @ 3:09pm CDT

They also reference Transformers every now and then.. :D

Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566364)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 18th, 2014 @ 3:13pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:

Nope, just tired of this fad.
I don't hate it, I'm merely annoyed by it.

This "fad" is now it's own sub-culture that's been going on for FOUR YEARS now. It's still going strong and is going even stronger.

The Harlem Shake, Gamnam Style, This is SPARTA! were all fads. They came, and went. The 4th MLP gen that created bronies is now as big as Trekkies and Star-Wars sub-cultures and even bigger than Transformers. Did you know that just because of MLP, Hasbro keep itself in the black? "Girls" toys have been outselling "boys" toys for a while now.

Also, you can`'t just ignore all the fan content. Arts, fanfics, customs, professional animations and musics. Even home made plushies that sell for hundreds or even THOUSANDS of dollars on Ebay!
Also, all those huge conventions where official artists and voice actors come to, the SDCC collectors items and so on.

Sure, it was a "fad" in the first few months.
It's been years now.
MLP FiM is now a solid community. A subculture that have a bright and strong future ahead.

I will not try to "convert" you. But at least, acknowledge that MLP FIM is not an obscure weird thing anymore.
Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566374)
Posted by Burn on April 18th, 2014 @ 4:10pm CDT
-Kanrabat-, people are allowed to dislike things that you like. You've had your say, now it's time to take a step back and let others express their opinions.
Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566425)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2014 @ 7:36pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Im sure if some artist drew a picture of hitler holding pinky, all the jabronies would be furious.
Nonsense. Everyone knows Hitler is a Brony. It's all over YouTube. :P

People are fine with him being a Brony cuz it makes him go bananas and look silly (since he's a psycho Brony that no one, not even sane Bronies, takes seriously). It's everything else Hitler did that people don't like about him. ;)

-Kanrabat- wrote:I'm glad Rainbow Dash and Starscream made up after that terrible fight they had a while ago!

Nah, that's why he's smiling so nervously. He's scared stiff to do anything bad because she's right there on his shoulder, watching him. :twisted:

-Kanrabat- wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)^

Va'al wrote:They also reference Transformers every now and then.. :D

Technically that cover's more of a reference to the 1987 Justice League #1 issue cover (which MTMTE #1's cover also referenced):

Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566433)
Posted by Shelf Space on April 18th, 2014 @ 8:28pm CDT
I'd say that this was more of a MLP homage to TF than that cover...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... 4106015458
Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566434)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 18th, 2014 @ 8:36pm CDT
Shelf Space wrote:I'd say that this was more of a MLP homage to TF than that cover...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... 4106015458

Hell yeah, that scene!
Also, better quality embeded below:

Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566435)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2014 @ 8:41pm CDT
For those who don't want the dialogue before it happens:

Re: My Little Pony #19 Transformers Crossover Convention Exclusive Cover Revealed (1566453)
Posted by Heckfire on April 18th, 2014 @ 10:18pm CDT
Va'al wrote:It won't blow over as long as My Little Pony sells in the millions. The target audience is much wider, and they are a lot better received in most circles, rather than just in vocal minorities on discussion boards.

They also reference Transformers every now and then.. :D

And Justice League, too, it seems. Of course, who HASN'T done a riff on that cover by now..?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "transformers age of extinction crosshairs" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Age Of Extinction AOE - JUNKHEAP Claw Crush Hasbro NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Lockdown AOE complete with Manual" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hero Mashers Electronic Grimlock Hasbro 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Steeljaw MIP 917" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers- BEAST HUNTERS-Hero Mashers Soundwave Action Figure Hasbro 6" +++++" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen HFTD Scout Class Hubcap complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class ASTROTRAIN Figure Complete" on EBAY