My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed

My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed

Saturday, May 16th, 2020 1:17pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 32,489

Preternia on Twitter posted images of more upcoming toys part of the My Little Pony crossover series. We have My Little Prime which is a pony in Optimus Prime colours as well as Morphin Pink Pony, who has Mighty Morphin Power Ranger Pink Ranger colours.

It seems to just be one character from each franchise, so it's not really a full fledged Transformers My Little Pony crossover, just a fun one off. We do not have many details about these releases yet, aside form the fact that Amazon will be carrying them in some countries.

Let us know what you think.

Transformers News: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and Pink Ranger Revealed

Transformers News: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and Pink Ranger Revealed

Transformers News: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and Pink Ranger Revealed

Transformers News: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and Pink Ranger Revealed

Credit(s): Preternia

Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064666)
Posted by Master Farr 1 on May 16th, 2020 @ 1:29pm CDT
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064667)
Posted by william-james88 on May 16th, 2020 @ 1:32pm CDT
Master Farr 1 wrote:why didn't they just make an optimus that turned into a pony? that's basically what we all wanted

Maybe some of us, but I don't think this is for TF fans. It's under the MLP brand, so its more for them, and this is in line with their collection. And TF fans can partake if they want.
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064668)
Posted by Master Farr 1 on May 16th, 2020 @ 1:40pm CDT
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064669)
Posted by Master Farr 1 on May 16th, 2020 @ 1:42pm CDT

still with ectotron, you'd expect for the pony to turn into optimus.
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064672)
Posted by bluecatcinema on May 16th, 2020 @ 1:56pm CDT
Those both look great.
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064677)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 16th, 2020 @ 2:34pm CDT
So they went with the more classic style "G1" ponies rather than the latest reboot. Why not?

I don't think I'll buy it because those feel more for the "Funko Pop" crowd. But give me a TRANSFORMABLE one and I'll be all over it.
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064678)
Posted by blackeyedprime on May 16th, 2020 @ 2:47pm CDT
At least the power ranger (and Ghostbusters) one looks good, the prime is an easy pass.
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064683)
Posted by Burn on May 16th, 2020 @ 5:16pm CDT

It's a one-off, and it works well.
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064685)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 16th, 2020 @ 5:26pm CDT
Burn wrote:Anyone who doesn't like these ... well, feel free to have a tanty. No one will be forcing you to buy it and it amuses people like myself to see you crying over a lump of plastic.

It's a one-off, and it works well.

I don't get why people care that these are a thing, am I missing the part where people are forced to buy them? That anyone liking them is a sign of the apocalypse? Should I be worried that my dogs and cat are going to become best friends?

Maybe I'm just lucky to be not bothered by things that don't affect me like these.
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064686)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 16th, 2020 @ 6:00pm CDT
:POPCORN:
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064745)
Posted by Zeedust on May 17th, 2020 @ 5:14pm CDT
I like the idea, but the execution is a little disappointing. I know a pony that actually turned into a truck would be asking too much, but I was at least expecting helmets of some sort. As is, they're cute but underwhelming. I feel like they could have really shone with a little more effort... Maybe a saddle-shaped proton pack for the Ghostbuster pony, for example?
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064747)
Posted by Lucky Logician on May 17th, 2020 @ 6:04pm CDT
My biggest problem is the dripping Autobot logo on the Optimus Pony. Everything else is so clean and crisp, so why does the cutie mark look like it was spray painted on?

I'll still buy the hell outta this. I'm just utterly confused on why they went with this version of the logo.
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064752)
Posted by Deliverence on May 17th, 2020 @ 7:49pm CDT
Tempted to get one for my Optimus shelf.
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064754)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 17th, 2020 @ 7:54pm CDT
Deliverence wrote:These remind me of the the dunnies or munnies that were popular in art circles. You know an artist paints a blank toy and sells/trades them. Only explanation for the “spray painted” Autobot symbol.
Tempted to get one for my Optimus shelf.

Well, custom ponies are a thing since forever. Many can be damn creative.

Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064801)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 18th, 2020 @ 6:50pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Tempted to get one for my Optimus shelf.

Well, custom ponies are a thing since forever. Many can be damn creative.

Damnit Kanra, now I want a transforming one of theses. Wait make it 4 of these.
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064806)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 18th, 2020 @ 11:01pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Am I the only one who would love to see geeks being forced to buy geek stuff they don't want and actually be forced to display and "enjoy" them like the Dictator's picture in North Korea? I'd pay good money to watch this as a "reality TV" show.
:POPCORN:

I'd bring the popcorn and drinks. It would be a blast! :lol:

As for this? I think I'm gonna get it. I've been a brony since the mid-1980's. I would've preferred a transforming toy, yes, but this is good too. :)
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064807)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on May 19th, 2020 @ 2:10am CDT
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064811)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 19th, 2020 @ 3:45am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I wonder how long it will take 3P to come up with a trailer or cart accessory for him to pull

A cart accessory for Ponytimus… GENIUS!
Now this make me want to buy the thing so I can make the custom myself.
Re: My Little Pony Optimus Prime and MMPR Pink Ranger Revealed (2064978)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 20th, 2020 @ 4:43pm CDT
That's super cute and now I want one

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLURR, Optimus Prime Racing Trailer variant 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Transformers Bumble Spud Playskool Bumblebee 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties Bumblebee 10-inch Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Action Figure Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "IDW Comics TRANSFORMERS GREATEST BATTLES OF OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATORN GN TPB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse THUNDERCRACKER STARSCREAM ACID STORM SLIPSTREAM Seekers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MP-01 Acid Storm - Masterpiece Acidstorm TRU Toys R Us Decepticon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Acid Storm MP-01 Masterpiece Figure Toys R Us Exclusive" on EBAY