Friday, September 5th, 2014 11:52am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 37,091

The beautiful and beautifully talented combination of IDW's Casey Coller and JP Bove have produced yet another collaboration - this time for a My Little Pony comic cover for Giant Robot Comics and HalCon. Why is it on a Transformers site, you ask? One of the characters is dressed up as Optimus Prime, another as Snake Eyes from G.I. Joe, and the shop is Giant Robot Comics! Check it out below.

Transformers News: My Little Pony/Transformers/GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Coller and Bove

Credit(s): Giant Robot Comics

Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604228)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 5th, 2014 @ 1:31pm CDT
That's one nice cover!

I enter this thread blind unknowing if there's any raging haters lurking about....

EDIT:

Oh? First in the thread?
All right then, I'll be waiting.

Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604248)
Posted by Moody magpie on September 5th, 2014 @ 2:38pm CDT
Rainbow Dash is best pony (runs a mile!) :grin:
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604252)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on September 5th, 2014 @ 3:00pm CDT
Really? REALLY?

I am sick of this sort of crap. I see it all the time, and nobody says anything about it! Everyone just goes ahead and pretends it's all fine, but everyone is far to polite to actually just say it!

I feel like I've seen the pink one dressed as Optimus Prime before.
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604256)
Posted by Va'al on September 5th, 2014 @ 3:17pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:You forgot to mention that two of them are dressed like Jem and The Holograms! How DARE you!

That's who they are! Thank you! :D
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604265)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2014 @ 3:26pm CDT
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604322)
Posted by bluecatcinema on September 5th, 2014 @ 6:37pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Really? REALLY?

I feel like I've seen the pink one dressed as Optimus Prime before.

I choose to ignore your anti-pony rant. To answer your question though, "the pink one" did dress as Optimus, on a BotCon editon variant cover of an MLP comic, sometime last year.
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604323)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2014 @ 6:39pm CDT
bluecatcinema wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Really? REALLY?

I feel like I've seen the pink one dressed as Optimus Prime before.

I choose to ignore your anti-pony rant.
You also choose to ignore the joke he made, revealing his post to not be an "anti-pony rant" but a false lead into point that ultimately isn't anti-pony.
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604330)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 5th, 2014 @ 7:38pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
bluecatcinema wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:Really? REALLY?

I feel like I've seen the pink one dressed as Optimus Prime before.

I choose to ignore your anti-pony rant.

Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604343)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 5th, 2014 @ 9:10pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Pinkie Pie as Optimus, Rainbow Dash as Snake Eyes (naturally), the DJ one whose name escapes me as Jem, Octavia as... some character I don't recognize, and Luna as herself.

Starring:

Pinkie Pie as Optimus Prime
Rainbow Dash as Snake Eyes
DJ Pon-3 as Jem
Octavia as Kimber Benton

and introducing Princess Luna as Princess Luna!

Even in crossovers Luna gets the short end of the stick. [-(
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604349)
Posted by Zeedust on September 5th, 2014 @ 9:40pm CDT

Yeah, that's an outrage. You might even say it's... truly outrageous.

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I feel like I've seen the pink one dressed as Optimus Prime before.

Probably because you have, at last year's Botcon.

Sabrblade wrote: the DJ one whose name escapes me

DJ Pon-3, a.k.a. Vinyl Scratch.

PrymeStriker wrote:and introducing Princess Luna as Princess Luna!

Even in crossovers Luna gets the short end of the stick. [-(

Are you kidding? If you had fans that loved you as much as the Bronies love Luna, why would you want to be anyone else?
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604366)
Posted by PrymeStriker on September 5th, 2014 @ 11:34pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:and introducing Princess Luna as Princess Luna!

Even in crossovers Luna gets the short end of the stick. [-(

I'm talking about in fiction. She's only ever had one story to herself, and aside from that, very little screen time elsewhere. As opposed to Celestia and Cadence who get all of the attention and glory whenever they're around. Wasn't that the reason she tried to overthrow her sister and ended up on the moon for a thousand years? ;)
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604367)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2014 @ 11:38pm CDT
Luna should have dressed up as Luna.

This Luna:

Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604394)
Posted by Bluespindash97 on September 6th, 2014 @ 4:18am CDT
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604399)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on September 6th, 2014 @ 4:53am CDT
Bluespindash97 wrote:Its weird ponies dressed up as joes and transformers but we never see it the other way round. THANK PRIMUS!!

WRONG!

Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604404)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 6th, 2014 @ 8:08am CDT

Well, I found this. Not sure if I should be amazed or scared. One thing is sure however, it's sexy as hell!

Also, found this:

D'ohohohoho!

How about a combiner?

Finally, I'm throwing money at the screen but this this is not happenning:
Man, I'd really want to buy this Rainbow Dash or similar TF X-Overs.
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604414)
Posted by bluecatcinema on September 6th, 2014 @ 9:28am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:and introducing Princess Luna as Princess Luna!

Even in crossovers Luna gets the short end of the stick. [-(

True, but she's had fairly major supporting roles in some of the more recent episodes. You have to admit it's better than being swept under the carpet for a whole season.
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604416)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 6th, 2014 @ 9:32am CDT
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604503)
Posted by Zeedust on September 6th, 2014 @ 4:53pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:and introducing Princess Luna as Princess Luna!

Even in crossovers Luna gets the short end of the stick. [-(

Let's be fair, Celestia really hasn't had any stories to herself, she's mostly been there so Twilight can react to her.

Sabrblade wrote:There was also that "Twilight Sparkle Prime" unmade proposal we saw at BotCon's retrospective panel.

I've heard about that, but haven't seen it. Is there a picture anywhere online?
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604504)
Posted by Zeedust on September 6th, 2014 @ 4:54pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:and introducing Princess Luna as Princess Luna!

Even in crossovers Luna gets the short end of the stick. [-(

I've heard about that, but haven't seen it. Is there a picture anywhere online?
Re: My Little Pony / Transformers / GI Joe Crossover Exclusive HalCon Cover by Casey Coller and JP Bove (1604515)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on September 6th, 2014 @ 5:38pm CDT
That cover's just awesome. :D Truly outrageous. :APPLAUSE: It's got 'the touch', even. :lol:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2013 MACHINE WARS SUNSTORM #A" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer Set- Blurr, Boulder, Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Megatron Figure Sealed AA173" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Optimus Prime Figure Sealed Z943" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC-S44 Siege Battlemasters Singe War for Cybertron Target" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY