Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit

Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit

Wednesday, July 22nd, 2009 3:15pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 15,792

Seibertron.com member OPTIMUS MAGNUS has just received an invoice for a preoder for Nato-Bot's Upgrade of Universe Roadbuster, which contains a new head-sculpt, a handgun and a shoulder cannon. This lead to the question; Is there another run of these kits?

Here is a response to this query from Nato-Bot

Due to an overwhelming response to our waiting list, we decided to do another production run of our NWS-02RB set. So some of the waiting list orders we were able to process due to left overs from our original production run and the rest from our second run. We are glad you liked the set.

So it seems that if you have been on the waiting list for this set, you shall be receiving invoices soon.

For more details on this set, including a full gallery, click here. For a review of this set, click here.

Re: Nato-bot re-releasing classics Roadbuster upgrade?!

Credit(s): Nato-Bot, OPTIMUS MAGNUS

This article was last modified on Wednesday, July 22nd, 2009 3:20pm CDT

Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (959756)
Posted by Mkall on July 22nd, 2009 @ 3:21pm CDT
It's been confirmed and news'd.

Thanks!
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (959791)
Posted by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on July 22nd, 2009 @ 3:56pm CDT
Sweet! Thanks Mkall....broke my news reporting cherry :oops: :lol:
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (959808)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on July 22nd, 2009 @ 4:30pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:I hear the quality is pretty shit and you have to clean the set and sandpaper it down before it looks good.

I wouldn't call it shit, but the plastic is a bit rough. It does not have the luster of a factory produced piece but I didn't expect that either. I put mine on and did not sand it. I really did not notice it much until you brought it up. Yes it could be better quality, but it is still a lot better than having a straight repaint with the old head sculpt.

p.s. The plastic does look better (shiner) in the photo than in person.
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (959899)
Posted by YRQRM0 on July 22nd, 2009 @ 7:05pm CDT
Dang, didn't Hot Shot have enough fire power on this mold?

He's got missiles on his legs for crying out loud! Not to mention an extra arm dagger/sword. lol
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (960165)
Posted by --B-- on July 23rd, 2009 @ 8:28am CDT
I sent them an email yesterday afternoon to make certain I was on the waiting list. Not only did they respond overnight, they verified the date that I sent the email asking to be on the waiting list. It was 03/03/09, well after they had "sold out" the pre-orders, and they said they hope to send me and invoice by next week.

So if you got yourself on the waiting list, you are probably good to go.
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (960185)
Posted by Jenus on July 23rd, 2009 @ 9:29am CDT

I was planning on buying the Animated Prime Axe, but if this is their quality forget it.
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (960195)
Posted by Kenny28 on July 23rd, 2009 @ 9:42am CDT
Man, along with lack of money at the time, I didn't pick up Roadbuster because of his head....and here we go!
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (960418)
Posted by Nightwalker on July 23rd, 2009 @ 4:51pm CDT
Somehow he reminds me of Rhinox.... :-?
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (960881)
Posted by nato-bot on July 24th, 2009 @ 12:45pm CDT
Jenus wrote:

it.

I wonder who you contacted about replacing the second head. I don't recall ever denying anyone replacement parts.

I have made some major improvements to the molds since the first few sets came out. No, the parts aren't perfect, there are tool marks that make the surface a little rough. But I have always advertised these as "garage grade kits". Which to most collectors who know about model kits would know means they will probably need at least a little work done on them to make them look prefect. I have a set, unaltered, on my Roadbuster right now. The pictures on the website were of an unaltered set, and there was no photoshopping done to the images. The roughness of the texture is barely perceivable (especial if all you're going to do is put it on a shelf somewhere and look at it from 5 feet away). If you don't like it it can be sanded. I've sold hundreds of these things and you're the first two that I've heard of expressing dissatisfaction.

I'm sorry if your disappointed. If something came broken, I'll replace it. But really that's what shipping insurance is for, it leaves my hands unbroken, packed in two layers of bubble rap, in a sturdy USPS Priority box (a method proven hundreds of times to be an adequate conveyance). If the item comes to you broken and you haven't payed for the insurance then it really isn't my fault, but still I ship new parts no questions asked (as I said, I don't recall ever not doing so). What more do you want?

Nate
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (960887)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 24th, 2009 @ 12:56pm CDT
nato-bot wrote:Snip.

Would you be able to tell us the size of the second production run and approximately how many more sets you will have available?

Thank you!
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (960908)
Posted by nato-bot on July 24th, 2009 @ 1:36pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
nato-bot wrote:Snip.

Thank you!

Sorry for being snippy. I've tried to be as honest as I can be about my products. I've never said they were going to be Hasbro quality. It's a little upsetting to see people call something "shit" when I've put literally thousands of hours of my own time and tens-of-thousands of my own dollars into it, and even if you remove the money I've spent from the equation I still won't be making minimum wage on the time I've spent producing it (if you do enter the money I've spent, I've actually lost a lot of money). I know it's not any of your fault for this, but I wrote it so you might understand my snippyness. Again I apologize.

I'll be making about another 200 units.
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (960923)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 24th, 2009 @ 2:10pm CDT
nato-bot wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
nato-bot wrote:Snip.

Thank you!

I'll be making about another 200 units.

Actually, I heard good things about the set and was sorry I didn't pre-order earlier...

::Hopes to make one of the 200..::
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (960935)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 24th, 2009 @ 2:35pm CDT
nato-bot wrote:
Jenus wrote:

it.

Nate

I don't have your set, that's why I stated that I heard it was shit. That's what I read on tfw, some dude posted photos of it stating he had to sand it down to get the detail right and then a couple of others stated that it was bad. But I don't care for the set anyway as I don't have the toy but I do like your Animated Prime axe which I hope you make more of.
And I know how hard it is making this set, I've tried making an alternate head for Universe Blaster and stopped as I thought it was too much work for something that looked sup-par.
That you even made such an upgrade with such awesome weapons is rather cool.
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (960975)
Posted by nato-bot on July 24th, 2009 @ 3:33pm CDT
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (961548)
Posted by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on July 25th, 2009 @ 12:07pm CDT
Well I cant WAIT to get my set. From the pictures it looks pretty damn awesome for a 3rd party kit made and produced by one dude. Nato should have my money now so I am excited about receiving it and transforming a failed Universe Roadbuster into a WIN universe Roadbuster!
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (962714)
Posted by Jenus on July 27th, 2009 @ 11:31am CDT
nato-bot wrote:
Jenus wrote:Yes, this set is a pretty shitty set. I was sent the set back in may and I opened up the package to see both the gun and top head piece was broken. I let the Natobot know about the issue and they sent me another one earlier this month and the gun was fine but the top head piece was broken again. I told them it had happened again and they said sorry we can't do anything so I had to glue the head together which it looks a little crappy now. Another thing is the particle cannon you have to glue it together so it will stay together.
it.

Nate

Sorry for what I said, but I did not know this was a garage grade kit. I know that I did not add insurance on the package and I'm sure it is USPS fault and did not mean to blame you I was just frustrated with what was going on. I'm sure you are the one I contacted when asking about another head piece. I am not going to worry about it now because the issue of it most likely not being your fault I just have to ament to myself that it is my own for not adding insurance. Again sorry. :oops:
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (962729)
Posted by Sid Burn on July 27th, 2009 @ 11:54am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:That you even made such an upgrade with such awesome weapons is rather cool.

This I will agree with, I ordered two sets from the original run of these so my roadbuster could be a dual wielding maxed out bad ass. I was quite happy with the set, makes roadbuster look like a worthwhile addition to the classics line up rather than a repainted BC springer.

Ratcheting action on the big rifles is very cool

side note, Dead Metal, I am begging you to change your avatar pic. Not sure if it is you or someone else but I am tired of looking at that screaming head in every thread. no offense intended.
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (963143)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 27th, 2009 @ 10:44pm CDT
nato-bot wrote:I meant no personal offense to anyone. I'm sorry. If anyone has problems with their kit, let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Thanks for coming and talking with our users/community about your product. There is a lot of interest in the area of 'add-ons' and I know that the excitement surrounding your upgrade for Roadbuster buzzed here for a long time.

And I was very happy to see about a week ago, an e-mail with a request for payment for a set, when I ordered late last time around, and thought I would not get one.

So I'm looking forward to getting this in the mail soon (got the ship notice).

Now, can you fix the squattiness of the figure? I want him to be taller!!! :P
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (964536)
Posted by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on July 29th, 2009 @ 11:50pm CDT
Got my confirmation e-mail too..hopefully I see the kit by Friday. I have wanted this kit for a while!
Re: Nato-bot Rereleasing Universe Roadbuster Upgrade Kit (964646)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 30th, 2009 @ 7:47am CDT
I never got a follow-up email...

Am I just shit out of luck here?

:-(

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Battle Masters Siege War CALIBURST Takara Tomy B" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron BRUNT Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.I.D Firebot Dive Bomb & Instructions Evacuate Override Buzzsaw…" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Aimless Battle Masters Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hunt for the Decepticons Scout Class Action Figure Backfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Action Figure Deluxe Class BRUNT NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers dark of the moon crankcase deluxe class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Vintage Mixmaster Constructicons Parts 1980s" on EBAY