Transformers News: NC Comicon 2017 - IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation Released with Exclusive Cover

Saturday, March 18th, 2017 4:01PM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 17,575

Continuing our coverage of NC Comicon 2017 (you can read our summary of the Transformers comics panel hosted by John Barber here), we bring you news that the Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation one-shot has been released at the convention, with an exclusive convention cover! This is a few days early, with the book expected to be available at your local comic shop and online this upcoming Wednesday, March 22nd.

We've mirrored an image of the exclusive cover below for your viewing pleasure.

Let your fellow Seibertronians know how excited you are for this book (of course you are, right?) by replying to this post, and keep it here on Seibertron.com for continuing coverage of anything you need to know from the 2017 NC Comicon.
Credit(s): IDW Publishing
Re: NC Comicon 2017 - IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation Released with Exclusive Cover (1867629)
Posted by Cobotron on March 18th, 2017 @ 8:37pm CDT
Of course I is excited for this book.
And the MOVIE! :KREMZEEK: :POPCORN:
Re: NC Comicon 2017 - IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation Released with Exclusive Cover (1867680)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on March 19th, 2017 @ 1:44am CDT
Love this comic. Excited about The Movie Adaptation this upcoming week!
Re: NC Comicon 2017 - IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation Released with Exclusive Cover (1867710)
Posted by ScottyP on March 19th, 2017 @ 10:46am CDT
Read the print copy that I picked up at the show yesterday. This thing is hilarious! The extra space is used for, well, I won't spoil it but they use the additional pages of the "annual" format in a very fun way :)
Re: NC Comicon 2017 - IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation Released with Exclusive Cover (1867797)
Posted by Va'al on March 20th, 2017 @ 12:05am CDT

Re: NC Comicon 2017 - IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation Released with Exclusive Cover (1867799)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on March 20th, 2017 @ 1:50am CDT
Va'al wrote:This month was supposed to see the release of the hardcover collection of the Tom Scioli series Transformers vs G.I. Joe, dubbed 'the quintessential collection' and covered by us here. After yesterday's news of the Movie Adaption release, however, we've also learned that the whole book will be delayed to include the one-shot issue too! We have yet to find out how long the delay will actually be, but stay tuned for more information as we receive it here at Seibertron.com, and whet your appetite on our database entry here.

I'm totally okay with this because having the Movie Adaptation in the Quintessential Collection makes total sense.

It would drive me crazy to have it separate.
Re: NC Comicon 2017 - IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation Released with Exclusive Cover (1867804)
Posted by dragons on March 20th, 2017 @ 6:24am CDT
I like look of snake eyes in picture everything else not to much glad it's going under way
Re: NC Comicon 2017 - IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation Released with Exclusive Cover (1867848)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on March 20th, 2017 @ 12:39pm CDT
Okay, so this is the first time I've even heard of a Transformers VS GI Movie. IS there actually one, or is this just a script of a movie that was never made?
Re: NC Comicon 2017 - IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation Released with Exclusive Cover (1867850)
Posted by Cobotron on March 20th, 2017 @ 12:46pm CDT
It's really just a joke. It's just the title of the comic.
How that plays into the story in this one-off is yet to be determined.
Until Wednesday at least.
Re: NC Comicon 2017 - IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation Released with Exclusive Cover (1868879)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on March 23rd, 2017 @ 11:49pm CDT
Read The Movie Adaptation yesterday and LOVED it.

If you thought Transformers Vs. GI Joe was bananas, Tom Scioli dials it up to 11. Not a literal literal adaptation of the comic series, but it touches upon the highlights of the run and gives them a cool twist.

You can almost imagine music from the GI Joe and Transformers animated movies while reading it. And for anyone that grew up reading comic movie adaptations, this is a loving tribute to those as well. Those comics tend to also touch upon the highlights of a movie within a short amount of pages.

Also, I'm a big fan of this homage to The Right Stuff.

Highly recommended for anyone that loved the Transformers Vs. GI Joe comic.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Age of Extinction Mega 1-Step Bumblebee With Bonus Stinger Figure - Time Remaining: 21 days 6 hours 18 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers 2006 Takara MP-3 Masterpiece Starscream Destron Air Commander MISB - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 25 minutes 13 seconds
2011 Tuvalu 1$ Transformers Dark Moon Optimus Prime 1 Oz Proof Coin (Tax Exempt) - Time Remaining: 5 days 32 minutes 35 seconds
Mr Mrs Potato Head 7 piece Lot Transformers Optimus Spud Optimash Prime Hasbro - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 44 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Generations Starscream Leader Class - NIB - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 56 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Generation 1 Prowl Complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 59 minutes 33 seconds
(99% of) IDW Transformers MEGA-LOT All Hail Megatron Dark Cybertron MORE 300+ - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 18 seconds
TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION GENERATIONS VOYAGER CLASS GRIMLOCK ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 45 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #170 - NC Comicon 2017