Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011

Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011

Wednesday, May 11th, 2011 2:51pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Event News, People News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 41,557

The list of BotCon 2011 guests just keeps growing.

In a recent Tweet, @BotCon announced their fifth guest for this year's convention, G1 voice actor Neil Ross.

BotCon wrote:NEIL ROSS voiced the G1 characters Hook, Slag, Bonecrusher and Springer in the Transformers animated television series and Transformers: The Movie. G.I. Joe fans know him as the voices of Dusty, Buzzer, Monkey Wrench and of coures...Shipwreck from the G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero series and animated movie. A veteran voice actor, he has appeared in over two thousand animated television episodes and movies. Plus, he's voiced countless radio and television commercials and promos as well as narrating documentaries and biographies for A&E and E! Entertainment. Neil also narrated twenty-two episodes of Nova for PBS.

His voice work has also been featured in many live action motion pictures including: Back To The Future II, Dick Tracy, Being John Malkovich and The Interpreter. His work has been heard in many hit Video Games such as Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, Metal Gear Solid, Call Of Duty, Command And Conquer and Doom 3. In 2003, Neil was the announcer for the 75th Annual Academy Awards telecast.

Don't miss this opportunity to meet Neil for autographs and see what part he will be voicing in Friday's special script reading!

Stick with Seibertron.com for all the latest BotCon 2011 news!

Credit(s): @BotCon

This article was last modified on Wednesday, May 11th, 2011 2:52pm CDT

Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1220480)
Posted by Energon on May 11th, 2011 @ 5:04pm CDT

I thought that it was odd that they invited a woman who voiced two obscure characters and no one knows who she is, and if you do it would not be from her Transformers work. If she voiced something then she would certainly be welcome at the convention, but it is curious as to why Funpub said that they were really excited to announce her. I am not "dissing" her as I am sure she is a very capable actress, but why the hype?

When the next actor after her was announced, it seemed that they focused more on his GI Joe career.

So, is this panel going to be about Transformers or GI Joe?

Why does Funpub always play games with announcing who the guests are instead of announcing the name as they come in? Waiting two weeks before the event to announce them. That is just sad.
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1220503)
Posted by Pete@BotCon on May 11th, 2011 @ 5:47pm CDT
Energon wrote:I remember Gregg Berger saying (at TFcon) that someone should do a G1 Voice Actor reunion before everyone gets too old or passes away.

So, is this panel going to be about Transformers or GI Joe?

I would look at the blurbs again. She is on the script reading panel. We have something else planned for G1 actors.

Also, anyone who was a fan of the 80's toons in general should be hyped. As closely as Joe and TF were related back then (and now) having the voice of FIVE TF characters AND the Baroness from Joe is pretty hype worthy. She was a great guest at GIJoeCon and is a very lovely woman.

BotCon will have fans from around the world and many of those in attendance I suspect will truly enjoy meeting her and hearing her stories from back then.
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1220506)
Posted by Blurrz on May 11th, 2011 @ 5:51pm CDT
Energon wrote:So, is this panel going to be about Transformers or GI Joe?

This will be a panel on Transformers. Lofting was already at GIJoecon in Orlando.
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1221001)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:05pm CDT

A new day, a new guest, for BotCon 2011. After yesterday's announcement of Neil Ross, @BotCon broke the news of Guest 6: Legendary Voice Actor Jack Angel, voice of G1 Astrotrain, Ultra Magnus, Ramjet, Smokescreen, and many more!

Seibertron.com is your source for all the latest BotCon 2011 news!
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1221016)
Posted by Blackstreak on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:23pm CDT
He did a very good job imitating Robert Stack as Ultra Magnus in the 3rd and 4th seasons. I can't tell the difference from the Movie and tv series voices.
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1221024)
Posted by Counterpunch on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:29pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Image

Seibertron.com is your source for all the latest BotCon 2011 news!

I really like how angry that picture makes him look. That could be human form Astrotrain, Ultra Manus, or Ramjet...
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1221027)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:32pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Image

Seibertron.com is your source for all the latest BotCon 2011 news!

He actually would make an excellent Magneto if anything ever happened to Sir McKellen.
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1221030)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on May 12th, 2011 @ 3:40pm CDT
Sweet! just get Dick Gautier in there and you'll have the main three! :D
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1221052)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 12th, 2011 @ 4:06pm CDT
I'm hoping we see Michael Bell, actually.
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1221555)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on May 13th, 2011 @ 7:04pm CDT

You got the touch You got the power

Any fan of the Transformers 1986 movie will instantly recognize those lyrics from The Touch by the legendary Stan Bush. After a week of non stop guest announcements Botcon just announced via twitter that Stan Bush will be a guest at Botcon 2011. There will be more details revealed Monday.
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1221559)
Posted by joevill on May 13th, 2011 @ 7:17pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Image

You got the touch You got the power

This is great news! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1221621)
Posted by Rated X on May 13th, 2011 @ 9:37pm CDT
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1221642)
Posted by Heavy B on May 13th, 2011 @ 10:16pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Time for Stan to collect his yearly paycheck. I mean with all due respect, without Transformers this guy would have no career. What I honestly want to know is if Stan Bush is a real Transformers fan or collector ??? Could I get into a deep discussion with him about the G1 cartoon or would he tell me "dude I just did the songs" ???

i imagine its like a william shatner thing. hes gratefull for the carear, but needs the paychek. no word on whether he wants us to "get a life"
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1222207)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on May 14th, 2011 @ 10:25pm CDT
WooHoo!
Hope I get to meet Stan Bush and David Kaye!
And this is to the 25 years since my favorite Transformers movie... scratch that, my FAVORITE movie's release! Happy Anniversery Transformers the Movie.

YOU GOT THE TOUCH!!!!
YOU GOT THE POOOOOOOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1222669)
Posted by Galvatron X on May 15th, 2011 @ 4:47pm CDT
Pr1meSuspect wrote:WooHoo!
Hope I get to meet Stan Bush and David Kaye!

YOU GOT THE TOUCH!!!!
YOU GOT THE POOOOOOOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, nice. I love the movie too.

I wish I could meet those guys. Hmmm, I'm jealous, yeeesssss.
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1223155)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 16th, 2011 @ 1:43pm CDT

Eight down, one to go for BotCon 2011's massive guest list! After Friday's exciting announcement of Stan Bush, @BotCon hinted at today's guest announcement: BotCon guest veteran Michael McConnohie, voice of G1 Tracks and Cosmos!

Seibertron.com is your source for all the latest BotCon 2011 news!
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1223495)
Posted by Rated X on May 16th, 2011 @ 10:48pm CDT
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1223531)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 17th, 2011 @ 12:21am CDT
Rated X wrote:17 days before Botcon and not a word about the exclusives or attendee figure ??? Where are the leaks ??? I want to know...

I was kinda wondering the same thing. By this time last year, I think we knew every figure that would be there.

Not that it matters, I'm getting them all regardless of character or mold.
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1223859)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 17th, 2011 @ 12:52pm CDT

The last of an epic guest list for BotCon 2011 has been announced in a playful tease from @BotCon, about Seibertron's now-defunct PG-13 spoof. Actress Arlene Banas, voice of G1 Carly, will round up BotCon's guest list in sunny Pasadena in two short weeks.

Seibertron.com is your source for all the latest BotCon 2011 news!
Re: Neil Ross to Appear At BotCon 2011 (1223922)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 17th, 2011 @ 2:01pm CDT
Ah, man! I remember "Before there was Carly...". :D Before there was Carly, there was..."Rhoda Miss", "Joy Rhide", "Leah Convoy", "Wendy Razor", "Silvia Streak", "Claudia Raker", "Irene Werks", etc. Oh, those were so bad. Why don't we bring those back? :D

Carly? Meh. If for nothing else, it'd just be nice to get a picture of G1 Carly's actress and movie Carly's actress together. But to be honest, I'd rather see Sue Blu there than Carly and the Baroness.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Siege Jetfire Hasbro War for Cybertron Commander Class WFC S28 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege WFC-S63 Soundblaster 35th Anniversary NEW!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Class Autobot Bulkhead NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots BLURR. 2015 NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Mini-Con Blizzard Strike Slipstream Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Planet X Pluto Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Quickslinger Internet Exclusive. MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Drift Mini-Con Deployers Lot Of 3 Hasbro (no G1)" on EBAY