Monday, November 23rd, 2020 6:44pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Wolfman Jake   Views: 41,021

Greetings, fellow Seibertronians! The second wave of Deluxe Class figures for the NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy has finally been spotted at United States retail! Have you been lucky enough to track down these latest figures, exclusive to Walmart in the U.S.? The chase is on, collectors! As a reminder, we were promised a special cardboard stand-up back-drop of Teletraan I, the Autobots' super computer inside the Ark spaceship from the G1 cartoon. We got the first five pieces of this bonus with each of the unique Deluxe Class figures from the first wave of NETFLIX Transformers products. Now, the promise has been fulfilled with the second wave of product, giving us all ten pieces needed to complete the diorama. The hunt was good today for your Friendly Neighborhood Wolfman (patent pending), so I present to you the completed Teletraan I back-drop!

Transformers News: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop

Will you be collecting all ten Deluxe Class figures so far for the NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy line just to have your own complete Teletraan I? Let us know in the discussion forums, and as always, stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers!

Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087760)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on November 23rd, 2020 @ 7:11pm CST
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087761)
Posted by o.supreme on November 23rd, 2020 @ 7:21pm CST
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087763)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 23rd, 2020 @ 7:32pm CST
People selling Bumblebee for $60 on eBay, they really need a hobby.
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087764)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 23rd, 2020 @ 7:36pm CST
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087765)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 23rd, 2020 @ 7:38pm CST
o.supreme wrote:So if there is a 3rd wave, no doubt it will be Earthrise based. Do you think they will continue with a gimmick like this, or just continue with the toys?
Cheetor, Deep Cover, and the Allicon are included in the listings, so Wave 3 may be a mix of Siege, Earthrise, and Kingdom molds like how Wave 2 is a mix of Siege and Earthrise molds.
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087768)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 23rd, 2020 @ 7:54pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Honestly just want Bee and maaaaaaaaybe Elita-1. Looked through a few Walmart’s here in El Paso and they ain’t got jack aside from the stuff that’s been shelfwarming the last six-eight months.

Elita-1, Bumblebee, Impactor maybe. Still waiting on getting some of the Wave 1 figures.

chuckdawg1999 wrote:People selling Bumblebee for $60 on eBay, they really need a hobby.

Or watch Pawn Stars to get a grip on their expectations. ;)
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087770)
Posted by DEANO85 on November 23rd, 2020 @ 8:12pm CST
I've only got Netflix Bumblebee. Personally I dont feel the need to collect extra characters for the cardboard backdrop. I would try and print out my own backgrounds instead.
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087776)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 23rd, 2020 @ 10:09pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:Will you be collecting all ten Deluxe Class figures so far for the NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy line just to have your own complete Teletraan I?

Absolutely not.

Nemesis Destron wrote:That is pure sweetness Wolfman especially had it been a 2 story 2 tier like I thought it was at first. 8-} :VEHI:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that!

Sabrblade wrote:

He was speculating about what the packaging gimmick might be for Netflix wave 3 since we seem to have completed Teletraan-1 with this assortment, not what the actual figures are going to be.
To which I saw..... maybe more of the alternate future cards from the rest of Kingdom. It's an interesting question.
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087778)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 23rd, 2020 @ 10:20pm CST
King Kuuga wrote:Also, did Siege have a packaging gimmick that I'm forgetting about or did that start with ER?

Siege had hidden codes on the boxed figures (Deluxe and up) and some exclusives, revealed by blacklight (like everyone has one! :lol: ). Those codes could be entered on the Hasbro Siege site for hidden stuff. Think Cyber Key codes from Cybertron.
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087779)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 23rd, 2020 @ 10:24pm CST

Hidden black light messages
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087780)
Posted by Ultra Markus on November 23rd, 2020 @ 10:35pm CST
so are the pieces of the backdrop in the boxes the figures come in?
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087781)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 23rd, 2020 @ 10:45pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:so are the pieces of the backdrop in the boxes the figures come in?

Yep!
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087785)
Posted by Emerje on November 24th, 2020 @ 2:20am CST
King Kuuga wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

He's just saying that knowing part of the wave 3 lineup there's no reason to think it'll be based on a specific animated series like Earthrise just like wave 2 isn't and therefore the backdrop could just as easily be something from Kingdom or even Siege.

As for what wave 3 will come with, I'm sure they'll just keep doing backdrops, there's no shortage of places to choose from be it Megatron's throne room (probably has an official name I can't think of), inside the Axalon, or just Cybertron or jungle scapes.

Emerje
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087788)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 24th, 2020 @ 4:13am CST
I managed to get all but Soundwave preordered when they came out, but each one got delayed, and then canceled, all except Bumblebee. He's the only one I've still got there. :evil: :BOOM:
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087803)
Posted by sol magnus on November 24th, 2020 @ 9:34am CST
I'll be getting wave 2 and giving the ones I don't want to my kid.
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087833)
Posted by adamage1 on November 24th, 2020 @ 4:15pm CST

Decided to do a quick run to one of the Fargo, ND Walmarts over lunch, and the reports were correct. I found a Netflix Bumblebee, and they had quite a lot of the deluxes from this wave (some were piled up on the high shelf). There were also a couple wave 2 Earthrise deluxes on the shelves as well.
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087836)
Posted by sol magnus on November 24th, 2020 @ 4:38pm CST
Nice. Hopefully they'll make their way to the East Coast quickly.
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087901)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on November 25th, 2020 @ 5:22pm CST
Yeah, that's awesome!
Gives me hope that they'll show up around KC sooner than later.
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087904)
Posted by Emerje on November 25th, 2020 @ 5:35pm CST
sol magnus wrote:Nice. Hopefully they'll make their way to the East Coast quickly.

Same here, I plan on checking this weekend. Some stores like to wait until Black Friday to put stuff on shelves to make things more impressive. Right now I've got one store with nothing on the NetFlix pegs and shelf and another with just one each of Hotlink, Megatron and Sideswipe so the space is there, just need the stock.

Emerje
Re: NETFLIX Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy Complete Cardboard Teletraan I Backdrop (2087909)
Posted by o.supreme on November 25th, 2020 @ 7:24pm CST
Emerje wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Emerje

It was a little of BOTH actually. I know the Netflix waves are nto tied to a particular toy line BUT they appear to be tied to a specific animated series. Wave 1&2 had the B&W Siege image, and all characters appeared in the Siege portion of the animated series (Except for Nemesis...which I guess could be a spoiler for the next series). It would not be out of the realm of logic though to think that wave 3 will include a B&W version of the ER packaging to go with characters that will all appear in the ER portion of the animation. Not saying it's a 100% certainty, but it is a possibility.

And yes I'd like to know about any included backdrop gimmicks, but I guess it's too early to say.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Car & Rescue Bots Flip Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Iron Factory IF EX-27 Shrike's Feather Streamwing (Slipstream)" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Airwave Deluxe Class War for Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Gnaw Sharkticon" on EBAY