Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 11:37pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 16,681

Thanks to a leak from a Weibo user, we now have several more examples of artwork from the upcoming Transformers Power of the Primes line! The pieces, mirrored down below, all feature variations on similar designs/poses for each character. They feature Grimlock, Starscream, Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime, Jazz and Optimus Primal. Since almost all of them contain several characters at once, it's unlikely they are art from any collector's cards packaged with the soon-to-be-released toys, or from the packaging itself, so it's unknown at this time what the art will be used for. Check out the pieces below, and then check out the real-life figures for yourself with our galleries from Hascon!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Credit(s): Weibo

Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910813)
Posted by Burn on September 13th, 2017 @ 11:49pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:What I would want, and I dont think we will get it, would be a Megatron that turns into Galvatron to oppose Rodimus.

Slight deviation ... there's a picture floating around that shows Megatron who can turn into a gun, but that gun then combines with a green tank (ala G2) which then transforms into a combined mode.
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910816)
Posted by Bronzewolf on September 14th, 2017 @ 12:02am CDT
Burn wrote:

Wait, what? I hadn't heard about that at all! :shock:

Although Megatron turning into a gun automatically makes me suspicious.
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910819)
Posted by DestronMirage22 on September 14th, 2017 @ 12:14am CDT
Burn wrote:

That sounds awesome.

I don't suppose you're able to share that pic?
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910820)
Posted by Burn on September 14th, 2017 @ 12:14am CDT
Bronzewolf wrote:
Burn wrote:

Wait, what? I hadn't heard about that at all! :shock:

Although Megatron turning into a gun automatically makes me suspicious.

It wasn't official, guessing it was a fan art thing. Can't even find it now, knew I should have saved it.
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910822)
Posted by noctorro on September 14th, 2017 @ 12:36am CDT
mordhelm wrote:
The thing I am a bit shocked by is that there were a ton of repaint/retool possibilities in TR that would have made sense, and hasbro chose not to overload us this time.

WHAAATTTTT!!!!

Somebody actually complaining about not enough repaints?
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910823)
Posted by Gearslide on September 14th, 2017 @ 2:30am CDT
I wonder if Takara would consider a box set with PotP Starscream, and then 4 repaints of the "Ghost Starscream" Unite Warriors mold as Thundercracker, Skywarp, Sunstorm, and Acid Storm.
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910824)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on September 14th, 2017 @ 2:37am CDT
That artwork im is very cool!
With the odd dimensions and multiple variations on roughly the same thing, im gonna gues they're for point of sale displays in stores and the like
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910828)
Posted by ExciKaiser on September 14th, 2017 @ 3:53am CDT
noctorro wrote:WHAAATTTTT!!!!

Somebody actually complaining about not enough repaints?

As long they're pertinent, I have no issue.

I'll continue to insist on the next ten years about this missed opportunity in CW :
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78854&start=1475#p1904649
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=78854&start=1475#p1904665
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910834)
Posted by RAR on September 14th, 2017 @ 5:15am CDT
Blue chest swoop is an animation error.
It should be red.
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910838)
Posted by Burn on September 14th, 2017 @ 5:44am CDT
So to the best of my knowledge THIS IS FAN ART. Recent too judging by the date, and the fact they've drawn in how a Prime Master would work.
21687560_1981307845487737_7243570693842490696_n.jpg

Once again.
FAN ART
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910840)
Posted by Insurgent on September 14th, 2017 @ 5:53am CDT
That FAN ART is a frikkin awesome design.
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910848)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on September 14th, 2017 @ 7:08am CDT
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910850)
Posted by Burn on September 14th, 2017 @ 7:11am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:So basically you get a prime master, when a pretender, head master, target master and power master all get together and have a baby. :-D

Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910852)
Posted by ThunderThruster on September 14th, 2017 @ 7:18am CDT
Qwan wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I thought we saw all the leaders and it's only going to be Prime, Rodimus, Repaint Rodimus, and Primal.

3 waves of Prime Masters, Legends, Voyagers and Leaders, and 4 waves of Deluxes, were revealed in the leak, so its both the first 3 and 4 waves dependant on size class, that we know about.
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910869)
Posted by william-james88 on September 14th, 2017 @ 8:12am CDT
Qwan wrote:Those Leaders are all we saw in the leaks, yes, but those leaks only show what was "planned" for the first four (three? I'd trust Will on this one) waves. Since at this point we can be fairly certain PotP will be 6 waves, that leaves at least two waves' worth of Leaders (and every other class too) that we haven't yet seen.

Thanks for your trust :) Yeah, it was 3 waves of leaders. And while 6 waves hasnt been confirmed yet, I have a feeling it will be something around those lines, but with repacks scattered throughout (something already confirmed). Then again, the amount of waves isnt really much on an indicator anymore. We can say Titans return had 6 waves but the last one only has 1 new figure.

Our best indicator is what has been confirmed for power masters coming out, we know there will be 12 coming out in that class. And we know they are releasing them 2-3 at a time with 8 different ones released by wave 3. So there would be 4 left after that, enough for 2 more waves of new toys. That at least means to me we will be getting at least 2 more leaders from what we have seen. And one would probably be Star Sabre based on the interview we just had, along with how he makes sense in the play pattern.
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910871)
Posted by Kurona on September 14th, 2017 @ 8:14am CDT
Talking of said interview, I unfortunately don't think we can expect a new-mold Decepticon Leader-class either :( We did get a ton in TR though so oh well.
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910876)
Posted by mordhelm on September 14th, 2017 @ 8:33am CDT
noctorro wrote:
mordhelm wrote:

WHAAATTTTT!!!!

Somebody actually complaining about not enough repaints?

Way to completely misunderstand my post.
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910877)
Posted by RAR on September 14th, 2017 @ 8:33am CDT
I might be slightly more interested in the Leaderclass toys if they torsos are swapable between any other toy.

Otherwise I'm getting a mediocre Optimus Prime truck with an unusable/undesirable cab that Transforms into someone who shouldn't exist (anymore if at all) so basically the whole set is only a display piece for robot mode - if it has a secret base mode then that Might help I guess (a bit) But it's under-decorated and a bit boring looking to me.

I would likely like it more if they re-mould it into Nemesis Prime and totally redo the legs and chest of the cab-robot so it looks like Optimus and eventually reissue the toy in double Optimus form - I certainly NEVER want to see that Orion Pax ever again. they need to remould it and only ever use that for re-issues.

Perhaps if they do plan to do an Ultra Magnus with that design then that will provide a proper Optimus - and they can release that as just a cab in a gift set that would be acceptable then Orion Can go in the back of a deep dark draw to be forever forgotten like he deserves to be.

-----

Rodimus is OK - nothing special but OK - again if he has a trailer-gun mode or a secret base mode that would help - otherwise he's under-designed.

-------

Optimal Optimus : Would it have killed them to put some wheels on it ?
If they had to castrate the Monkey mode they could have at least put some winglets on the surfboard mode or perhaps some flip out wheels so it can double up as a cab for Optimus or Rodimus.

Main robot is OK but the lack of the ground vehicle mode annoys me - it's like an extra insult on top of the missing Monkey Mode for Deluxe Primal.

---------

The probably should do a Megatron/G2 Megatron or a Megatron/Galvatron one since he's one of the few to actually be seen evolving.

Also it might help apologise for the dreadful TR Voyager Galvatron toy.

Alternatively throw G1 compliance in the trash and make an Armada/Energon Evolutions toy instead. all you need to do is make a Deluxe Tank Megatron and an Ultra Energon Megatron and combine them in the usual way.
----------

I'm sure the line is "Fine" overall. But as I said before I'm not going to see any of it on a shelf very often so I likely won't ever get any great attachment to it for that reason - I can't get attached to something if I know I'll only be able to collect it online. I like to buy toys in person sometimes.

But judging by the complete and total lack lack of The last Knight toys of any merit - (if being as bad as it was when they were UK TRU exclusives) I think Hasbro is in trouble here - as they simply won't have the outlets to get the numbers.

No wonder 80% of what I buy now is 3rd party and what I buy that isn't is things like the odd bit of RID or some Rescue Bots as that is all there is around here.

I'm sure they are perfectly fine - I just don't expect to see them so I don't feel inspired to feel to invested yet. I guess sometime around Easter I might be able to pick some up in The Entertainer or Smyths sales.

But if they keep costing £20.00 - I'd rather spend that money elsewhere.
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910878)
Posted by Kurona on September 14th, 2017 @ 8:37am CDT
Am I the only one who likes Optimus' truck mode and doesn't understand the dislike towards it?

Like yeah, okay, Orion Pax's arms hanging off the back of the cab is a bit lazy and ech; but aside from that what's the problem? It looks great.
Re: New Art for Transformers Power of the Primes: Optimus Prime, Optimus Primal, Grimlock, more (1910879)
Posted by RAR on September 14th, 2017 @ 8:39am CDT
Nothing much wrong with it - it's just a bit boring.

Perhaps some people were expecting something more Powermaster like and were feeling disappointed with it.

I'm in a bad place as I'm at best barely tolerant of Orion Pax. But that said I'm not sure what I think about the likely hood that Elita-1 is going to be taller than him either.

I think Elita-1 may end up displaying better with the TR toy instead.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hardhead - Headmasters Retro Generations Titans Deluxe Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Mirage - Netflix War For Cybertron Generations Titans Decepticon TK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy HOTLINK Netflix Walmart Exclusive NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Netflix HOTLINK Seeker Used Complete w/Box + Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "LG21 Hardhead | Japanese Transformers Legends" on EBAY