New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme

Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 7:32pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Hellscream9999   Views: 52,952

Fellow Seibertronians, an interesting picture has surfaced DiamChoc's Facebook page. It appears to be new art for Omega Supreme, based on the YOTS Omega Supreme's figure, done in the style of Marcelo Matere's Combiner Wars and Unite Warriors box art.

Transformers News: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme

Compare it to the YOTS Omega Supreme art from the box, and you'll notice the vast differences, not least of which is the updated arm and head.

Transformers News: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme

You can check out the figure by clicking the on the picture below.

Transformers News: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme

So, do you think this will be a TT Legends release, or a release in a different line? Be sure to post your thoughts in the comments below.

EDIT: This has since been discovered to be fan art.

Credit(s): DiamChoc's Facebook page

This article was last modified on Thursday, January 14th, 2016 2:44pm CST

Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755242)
Posted by Overcracker on January 13th, 2016 @ 7:49pm CST
Please let it be Titans Return general release figure... please.... :-D
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755244)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 13th, 2016 @ 7:52pm CST
Overcracker wrote:Please let it be Titans Return general release figure... please.... :-D

More likely a TT Legends release, it would explain the origin of all the new parts, and I don't know if they get the YOT_ releases. Plus it is too solidly built, well painted, and has electronics for it to be a current hasbro release - but I would love for that to be true :PRAY:
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755245)
Posted by Overcracker on January 13th, 2016 @ 7:54pm CST
True, but maybe just maybe... ahh, its probably a TT Legends release. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755255)
Posted by megatronus on January 13th, 2016 @ 8:21pm CST
Ugh, please, no.
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755262)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 13th, 2016 @ 8:28pm CST
megatronus wrote:Ugh, please, no.

I don't have an energon OS, so I'd love to get this version - if it's true (unless you've got one to sell to me)
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755265)
Posted by megatronus on January 13th, 2016 @ 8:32pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
megatronus wrote:Ugh, please, no.

Nope, just think it's an ugly monstrosity... and I don't want Hasbro to give me an excuse to buy one.
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755266)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 13th, 2016 @ 8:34pm CST
megatronus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
megatronus wrote:Ugh, please, no.

What's wrong with it - or have you not liked the mold since energon Image
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755269)
Posted by megatronus on January 13th, 2016 @ 8:40pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
megatronus wrote:Ugh, please, no.

What's wrong with it - or have you not liked the mold since energon Image

Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755283)
Posted by Deadput on January 13th, 2016 @ 9:03pm CST
megatronus wrote:I'm not into Energon molds - there's a ban of Unicron Trilogy molds in my collection (besides, ironically, Unicron himself - the Amazon version). I just think Energon Omega is ugly, and an unfit Classics Omega.

Your really missing out on some great molds that fit into G1 Genarations collections and are otherwise still great and articulated toys today they also make good base molds to make customs from.

Hardtop from the Cybertron line was one of my first Transformers and I adore him up to this day I bought every version of the mold.

Energon was the weakest part of the Unicron Trilogy I agree with the only good molds being Omega Supreme although this version and not the first one and the combiners even though they weren't the best I still love them.
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755327)
Posted by Gunmetal on January 13th, 2016 @ 11:23pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:Plus it is too solidly built, well painted, and has electronics for it to be a current hasbro release - but I would love for that to be true :PRAY:

For what it's worth, I don't think the YoS toy had electronics; only the original Energon version.
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755328)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 13th, 2016 @ 11:25pm CST
Randomus wrote:

Really? Well, either way, I need some version of this guy, I would love this to be true, and happen soon :PRAY:
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755339)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on January 14th, 2016 @ 12:08am CST
Would like to have another shot at this guy, for a reasonable price. Missed out on him during the first go round and regret it.
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755346)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 14th, 2016 @ 1:37am CST
I think this was a fine mold indeed but the paint apps for the first OS were lacking I think. When the repaint as Omega Sentinel was released it was an awesome sight with paint apps that just flowed.

When YOTS was released it was just epic IMO. A slight flaw here and there but what figure isn't without that. :-P I got both both Sentinel and OS as bad ass bookends ready for battle.

And that art work is awesome! ;)^ :VEHI:
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755347)
Posted by Railbomb on January 14th, 2016 @ 1:39am CST
This Omega Supreme and the Optimus that went with him was a really great way to start the Zodiac calendar series that kind of makes the rest of them a bit disappointing. I would love to see them do more figures like him other than just weird repaints without anything new.
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755357)
Posted by MemphisR56 on January 14th, 2016 @ 4:13am CST
If this is another release of YotS Omega in the tubes, I am simultaneously overjoyed and overwrought.

My wallet can't handle this year's shopping list:

UW Bruticus ~ £100
Skylynx £25-30
Computron ~£90
Liokaiser ~£90
Fort Max ~£120-150
Omega ~£100-£150
Plus everything revealed so far from titans return? #-o
and trip to TF-Nation?
*and* a protoform to pay for? #-o

I am definitely going to have to weigh some priorities, or start selling lobes of my liver.
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755361)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 14th, 2016 @ 4:37am CST
Sigh...... there go any hopes for a decent Omega update. :(
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755363)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on January 14th, 2016 @ 4:47am CST
There will probably be a new Omega Supreme figure down the line in a few years considering it was a contender for the next Titan-class figure in that vote we had a couple months ago.
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755383)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 14th, 2016 @ 8:05am CST
I'd like to see a new Omega mold, but in the meantime, this one works for me as Classics Omega. The new head and arm rock.

And yeah, the electronics were stripped out.
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755403)
Posted by o.supreme on January 14th, 2016 @ 9:40am CST
As Omega Supreme is my Favorite Transformer of all time all I can say is.... The TF Energon/ YOTS Omega Supreme toys were cool, for their time. However.... I would much rather have a new toy to place alongside CW/UW Devastator. The new toy should have the same quality of build as the CW/UW line.

We all know Trypticon won the fan vote for next Titan Class figure (rightfully so), I was hoping after Trypticon, they would do a New Omega Supreme and eventually Scorponok. I just hope time limitations didn't cause Hasbro to go cheap and do a retool of the Energon OS.
Re: New Art of YOTS Omega Supreme (1755405)
Posted by Evil Eye on January 14th, 2016 @ 9:55am CST
megatronus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
megatronus wrote:Ugh, please, no.

What's wrong with it - or have you not liked the mold since energon Image

I thought we were friends. :(

(besides, ironically, Unicron himself - the Amazon version).

I have the original Armada version myself. I dunno, the mold isn't really G1 enough for the G1 deco to work. I would like to see a new, more G1 Unicron to be honest (though I probably wouldn't buy it).

Ironically enough, my favourite version of the mold (which I don't own, sadly) is the LEAST G1 accurate of them all- Energon Unicron. That colour scheme, man.

I just think Energon Omega is ugly, and an unfit Classics Omega.

Honestly, Energon Omega is (in my opinion) the nicest looking Omega we've ever got. Which admittedly isn't exactly saying much. I dunno, I've never been a big fan of Omega Supreme's design. It's always really screamed "this is a completely unrelated toy we bought the rights to", more so than the other "odd men out" like Shockwave or Skyfire.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 ALPHA TRION Super 7 ReAction Action Figure Vintage MOC - NEW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box Transformers vs GI Joe Optimus Prime & Cobra Commander GS Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Heatwave the Fire Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Polar Claw with Bat MISSILE" on EBAY
Buy "FUNKO POP! G.I. JOE Vs Transformers Cobra Pin Set GAMESTOP Exclusive" on EBAY