New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword

Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 7:15pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: carytheone   Views: 47,810

We've seen official color art for the upcoming Titans Return Fortress Maximus before. But fellow Seibertronian Mindmaster has sent us an image from weibo user zmultiplier. This is another teaser image along the same lines as the recently revealed Combiner Wars Computron. What makes this new picture stand out is what appears to be the Master Sword. Which was previously hinted at in Fort Max's first reveal.

An anonymous source informed us that Fortress Maximus might get a possible release at this year's SDCC, similar to Metroplex and Devastator in previous years. Our source told us that Fort Max MIGHT include the large sword and possibly his smaller gun, which we don't think the retail version will include. Currently, we do not have any confirmation from Hasbro about a SDCC release or any information about possible additional accessories.

Transformers News: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword

Could that be the one and only Master Sword? Hit the jump and tell us what you think below.

Remember to keep your browsers pointed to Seibertron.com for the latest in Transformer news, the largest Transformers galleries found on the web and the liveliest Transformers discussion this side of a space bridge.

Credit(s): weibo user zmultiplier

This article was last modified on Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 7:48pm CST

Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755235)
Posted by Cobotron on January 13th, 2016 @ 7:33pm CST
He comes with Link's sword? :-P
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755236)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 13th, 2016 @ 7:35pm CST
Cobotron wrote:He comes with Link's sword? :-P

Yes, and if you get the premium version, he also comes with the Tri-Force :-P
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755237)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 13th, 2016 @ 7:40pm CST
Cobotron wrote:He comes with Link's sword? :-P

Yes, and if you get the premium version, he also comes with the Tri-Force :-P

Preorder now, and you'll get an exclusive Navi, with lights and sounds!
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755239)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 13th, 2016 @ 7:43pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Cobotron wrote:He comes with Link's sword? :-P

Yes, and if you get the premium version, he also comes with the Tri-Force :-P

Preorder now, and you'll get an exclusive Navi, with lights and sounds!

Why would I do that? It would just follow me around, bothering me :-P
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755241)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 13th, 2016 @ 7:48pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Cobotron wrote:He comes with Link's sword? :-P

Yes, and if you get the premium version, he also comes with the Tri-Force :-P

Preorder now, and you'll get an exclusive Navi, with lights and sounds!

Why would I do that? It would just follow me around, bothering me :-P

That's why you preorder from TCP instead of TFSource; with TCP, you get an extra durable Hylian shield and a bonus Heart container.

I'd better lay off the Zelda jokes, lest Burn forcibly recruits me on Team Stalker!
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755246)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 13th, 2016 @ 7:55pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Cobotron wrote:He comes with Link's sword? :-P

Yes, and if you get the premium version, he also comes with the Tri-Force :-P

Preorder now, and you'll get an exclusive Navi, with lights and sounds!

Why would I do that? It would just follow me around, bothering me :-P

Don't worry, everyone's going to get drafted eventually ;)
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755256)
Posted by Autobot N on January 13th, 2016 @ 8:22pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Cobotron wrote:He comes with Link's sword? :-P

Yes, and if you get the premium version, he also comes with the Tri-Force :-P

Preorder now, and you'll get an exclusive Navi, with lights and sounds!

Why would I do that? It would just follow me around, bothering me :-P

Don't worry, everyone's going to get drafted eventually ;)

Well, me and D-Max have already joined Team Va'al, so we won't.

Or are you talking about moderators and not the First Seibertronian Civil War?
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755257)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 13th, 2016 @ 8:23pm CST

I had to buy those two separate for my USA G1 Fortmax.
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755263)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on January 13th, 2016 @ 8:29pm CST
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Cobotron wrote:He comes with Link's sword? :-P

Yes, and if you get the premium version, he also comes with the Tri-Force :-P

Preorder now, and you'll get an exclusive Navi, with lights and sounds!

Why would I do that? It would just follow me around, bothering me :-P

Don't worry, everyone's going to get drafted eventually ;)

Well, me and D-Max have already joined Team Va'al, so we won't.

Or are you talking about moderators and not the First Seibertronian Civil War?

Everyone's joining a side - whether they want to or not, it seems :-P
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755273)
Posted by RAR on January 13th, 2016 @ 8:49pm CST
Will he still talk - and if he does - what will he say ?
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755275)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 13th, 2016 @ 8:51pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:Will the mini "head" still be called Cerebros? And will Cerebros also have his own "key blade" like the original had?

I had to buy those two separate for my USA G1 Fortmax.

I'm hoping the big head is still named Cerebros. considering in the comics they have made a point of saying he is with fort Max one would hope :BOT:
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755276)
Posted by Microraptor on January 13th, 2016 @ 8:52pm CST
Don't worry Burn. I like Stalker. :saint:
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755292)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 13th, 2016 @ 9:19pm CST

Back to the present fiction. Somehow, prior to the Titans scale, IDW laid down the foundation for Metroplex. What about Fortmax? Last I red he was a "warden" and new Tyrest Accords enforcer (correct me please if I'm wrong)

So how are they,IDW, gonna shoe horn the "character" into being a "fortress",headmaster.....will he also be the leader of the headmaster subgroup?

I still preferred him to being an architect (seems like architects and engineers make good killing machine Titans/combiners) in his old bio.
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755301)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 13th, 2016 @ 9:37pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:I'm doing an X.I hope Fortmax won't have any electronic gimmicks! Working gimmicks like ramp compartments, launchers,levers, pulleys or elevators fine (as a Fortress) Just no electronics.........PLEASE!

Probably like in Combiner Wars, where some ancient relic gifts Transformers super size and base modes. *shrug*
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755307)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 13th, 2016 @ 10:09pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:

Reason why I'm pushing this is how creative TT did with Grand Galvatron. Somehow, fitting Galvatron's return between his death and resurrection as Super Megatron. Giving a product a proper back story for use "grown ups" really enhances the "buy me factor".

Original headmaster in the US version was to increase the Autobot's fighting skills (similar to Rebirth) and put the alien robot's under "human control". Even both Tomy and Hb UM had a good back story.

Also, how/where the Primus did Fort get that big@zz sword? Who's he gonna slice it with? Will the "truce"/peace between the 'cons be broken?

And no electronics! 8-}
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755322)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 13th, 2016 @ 11:09pm CST

And more info here - http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Master_Sword
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755345)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 14th, 2016 @ 1:04am CST
Sabrblade wrote:For those unfamiliar with the history behind Fort Max's Master Sword, here's a little vidya for ya:

And more info here - http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Master_Sword

..............love the pelvic forward thrust........ 8-)
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755350)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 14th, 2016 @ 2:44am CST
Is there any hint around the mill of Chromedome on the horizon? :PRAY: :VEHI:
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755358)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 14th, 2016 @ 4:33am CST
Another jigsaw puzzle piece? Someone is having a lot of fun with these reveals.
Re: New Art - Titans Return Fortress Maximus and Possible Master Sword (1755359)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 14th, 2016 @ 4:35am CST

Probally, like Combiner Wars, Hasbro will force IDW to shoehorn it in, regardless of fit. I really don't care, as long as they once again leave MTMTE alone.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Whirl Nearly Complete 1984" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class WFC-S14 Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron RATCHET Walgreens Exclusive box damage." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers siege war for cybertron ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Prowl! War for Cybertron Generations Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Megatron" on EBAY